What's new

Game 2: The keys to the kingdom -- Jazz @ Rockets 5/2/2018 6:00 pm MST

What a sweet victory. Kudos to Gobert and Ingles and Mitchell and Burks and Crowder and Exum today. Well done. I honestly didn't think they would get one in Houston.

I love this. And this is why I’ve been saying for a number of months that we need to face these guys. Harden and Paul provide fake leadership, or at least the leadership that’s going to get exposed when the pressure’s on. Then you cap it off with this guy being the coach? He sounds like Corbin up there, having no idea what’s going on, except somehow he became the NBA equivalent of Peter Sellers’ character Chauncey Gardner from Being There and somehow people have tried to find meaning in his nonsense.

Honestly I enjoyed Exum's more just because it came out of nowhere for me. But a lot of that is Donovan's excellence becoming commonplace.
No doubt. Mitchell's was pretty clearly 'better' (almost nobody else in the Association can pull off a dunk like that) but Exum so often goes for a floater or really tough high off the backboard layup in those situations, seeing him flush it with such ferocity made me super excited.

Exum showed a lot of moxie tonight. I think his defense on Harden fired him up a bit. Late in the 4th he forced a tough floater then drew the offensive foul on Harden, he fist pumped a few times and then a couple plays later threw down that dunk. It was really encouraging to see, as I've been very on the fence about him this year.

Last edited: