What's new

Game 26. Warios at Jazz. As Jazzfanz interest wains.

Because they still found a way to win. I totally get not being impressed with the way the bench played, but it's ok to give the other five guys on the team who played phenomenal basketball a little credit as well.

I understand that. But it tells me we’re also not improving. We weren’t competitive on our road trip a week or so ago. So the only deduction I come away with from this game is that nothing has changed. Had we played an actual NBA team tonight, we would’ve lost by 20+.

I understand the importance of winning a game. But I think more important is the trend. And that trend isn’t looking good. We’re barely winning against the worst in the league and being blown out by everyone else.

Utah Jazz vs. Warriors:

Rudy Gobert +25
Ingles +24
O'Neale +24
Bogdanovic +23

Ed Davis -18
Jeff Green -17
Georges Niang -17

This was Utah's bench against Jordan Poole, Jacob Evans, Marquese Chriss, Omari Spellman and Damion Lee.

Yeah the bench sucked again

Utah Jazz vs. Warriors:

Rudy Gobert +25
Ingles +24
O'Neale +24
Bogdanovic +23

Ed Davis -18
Jeff Green -17
Georges Niang -17

This was Utah's bench against Jordan Poole, Jacob Evans, Marquese Chriss, Omari Spellman and Damion Lee.

what would our bench have been against the Kuzma and Caruso? Yikes...

It showed that the rotation of the bench junk that Quin seemed to had settled on is garbage and that he has to try something different. Like can Brantley really be any worse than Niang ??
I'm on board with giving Brantley a shot.

But lets take a step back here and realize what we're talking about. Our bench players are so bad we're talking about bringing up our second round rookie from the G league in the hopes it saves our second unit. It might even work! But it's clear Quin has been dealt a pretty ****** hand here.

We're probably best with Conley and Ingles both starting. But yeah, our starting five is actually really really good.

maybe. But then the already depleted bench becomes even more depleted unless Snyder becomes real creative with his substitution patterns. An ability I haven’t seen any evidence of

we are trying to elevate our offense while preserving our defense. but it hasn't worked out so far. we need to trade Ed for one more offense piece to at least bring our offense into an elite status instead of mediocrity on both defense and offense. it'd be a waste to bring in Bojan, Mudiay and Conley then still try to play a defensive minded style of basketball.

No idea why we aren’t giving burn to some of our alternatives to Niang and Exum. Brantley in particular should be playing

maybe. But then the already depleted bench becomes even more depleted unless Snyder becomes real creative with his substitution patterns. An ability I haven’t seen any evidence of
I feel like Quin actually has been fiddling with the rotations quite a bit lately. The problem is that the bench is so ****ing bad it doesn't matter which starters are playing with them they're getting dragged down. Especially any combo of Green/Niang/Davis.