What's new

Game 28: Jazz @ Thunder Playoff Rematch #1 6pm MT Time

Being .500 come January 1st isn't good enough. It just isn't. We can expect to lose games in 2019 that we shouldn't and we can't expect to finish the season as we did last year. If we're so ****ing good, the time to start showing it is now. Unless we're just content with being a 5-8 seed or worse.
Can I agree more than 100%?

Pretty terrible that we would be happy with a .500 season going into January. Our chemistry is so messed up.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Whoever made that Gobert game should do a Punch out version with Rubio and different villains from the NBA

Can I agree more than 100%?

Pretty terrible that we would be happy with a .500 season going into January. Our chemistry is so messed up.

Honestly it matters how the rest of the league is doing as well.
If we are at .500 after December having played the toughest schedule in the league and there is lots of parity between the rest of teams and there isn't any or many truly head and shoulders above everyone type teams and we are right there in a bottom playoff position then that wouldn't be so bad.
I mean I wouldn't hate it if after December we went on some crazy 37-10 run similar to last year and ended up with home court in the playoffs.

Sure we wouldn't be favorites to win it all or anything but we would be thoroughly entertained. I enjoyed last season immensely.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Honestly it matters how the rest of the league is doing as well.
If we are at .500 after December having played the toughest schedule in the league and there is lots of parity between the rest of teams and there isn't any or many truly head and shoulders above everyone type teams and we are right there in a bottom playoff position then that wouldn't be so bad.
I mean I wouldn't hate it if after December we went on some crazy 37-10 run similar to last year and ended up with home court in the playoffs.

Sure we wouldn't be favorites to win it all or anything but we would be thoroughly entertained. I enjoyed last season immensely.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Last year was one of my favorite seasons all time. If we could replicate that run, that would make me happy for sure. I just expected a better start and don't expect us to win 25 of 30.

Being .500 come January 1st isn't good enough. It just isn't. We can expect to lose games in 2019 that we shouldn't and we can't expect to finish the season as we did last year. If we're so ****ing good, the time to start showing it is now. Unless we're just content with being a 5-8 seed or worse.

That's a bit unrealistic, though I sympathize. I think it's clear that the Jazz are still a third piece away from competing for a chip with the current roster. The schedule really has been brutal. No team wins every night. Given our strength of schedule, if we can emerge at .500 in January we'll be well-poised to win 50 games this season, which is great. Show who the team can be enough to help entice a free agent who wants a title and go for it next season. In our market there are few other ways to do it.

Why Quin never changes the starting lineup in order to try something new?

For exemple he never put Burks in the starting lineup and if remember well he never played him more than 30 minutes.
Other players get always their heavy minutes no matter how they perform.

OKC will be out for revenge. This is the kind of game a team really gets up for. Maybe the Jazz overlooked the Spurs a bit with this game in mind, digging that hole. It was nice to see Mitchell figure it out again last night in the second half. If he can continue that level of play we'll be competitive in this game. Need solid games from Rubio as well. And Jae Crowder's bench production is key. He was terrible last night.

That's a bit unrealistic, though I sympathize. I think it's clear that the Jazz are still a third piece away from competing for a chip with the current roster. The schedule really has been brutal. No team wins every night. Given our strength of schedule, if we can emerge at .500 in January we'll be well-poised to win 50 games this season, which is great. Show who the team can be enough to help entice a free agent who wants a title and go for it next season. In our market there are few other ways to do it.

Pretty much this. The schedule has been brutal and it matters. The cause for concern has been the bad losses and the ones where we just don't show up... overall this is kind of realistically where we should be. They seem to have remedied some stuff and games last night will happen. Spurs shot great in midrange... we were cold outside... all that equals a double digit loss.

We all seem to see that there is a missing part or two... we all want that fixed right now. It just won't happen as quickly as we would like. Doesn't mean they don't see it and that they aren't trying.

We got a bit ahead of ourselves in where we thought we'd be. DM hasn't taken the big steps we hoped... almost everyone else has been worse this year. A couple guys turn things around combined with the schedule easing up and we will be a solid playoff team. We wanted to be a borderline contender, but didn't add anything in the offseason and none of the big development guys have popped.

OKC will be out for revenge. This is the kind of game a team really gets up for. Maybe the Jazz overlooked the Spurs a bit with this game in mind, digging that hole. It was nice to see Mitchell figure it out again last night in the second half. If he can continue that level of play we'll be competitive in this game. Need solid games from Rubio as well. And Jae Crowder's bench production is key. He was terrible last night.

I like Russell Westbrook out for revenge... he got revenge on Ricky for that big game he had by ignoring the team defensive concept ant "shutting that **** down".

Westbrook shoots 57 times tonight and has 15 turnovers.

I like Russell Westbrook out for revenge... he got revenge on Ricky for that big game he had by ignoring the team defensive concept ant "shutting that **** down".

Westbrook shoots 57 times tonight and has 15 turnovers.

“Shutting that **** down” that was it. I was trying to remember the exact words.