What's new

Game 42 - Jazz at Cavs - 1/21/15 5 PM Mountain Time - Root Sports

Nice value game for Kanter. Exum showing small but noticeable improvements these past few games.

If you read this thread and didn't watch the game you would think Kanter single handedly lost this game. It is inconceivable that the guy being repeatedly bashed finished with 24 points and 17 rebounds and 1 assist. There is a whole team to complain about and yet off with his head.

I'm still waiting to see Exum elite passing skills. I think this team needs a playmaker like Ricky Rubio that can play defense too.

Exum hit a midrange shot of a screen you guys! I liked that he turned the ball over too.

Good Kanter get that trade value up. 24 and 17 is pretty good, I just don't like him in our system/team... but we'll see i guess.

I'm surprised Trey shot the ball 10 times. I barely even noticed he played.

I'm still waiting to see Exum elite passing skills. I think this team needs a playmaker like Ricky Rubio that can play defense too.

Then watch the game. The entire reason I booted up my computer was to see if anyone else noticed Exum's passing skills in this game. He is showing elite skill, he has an inate knowledge of when and where to pass the ball. One time he drove sideways into the lane then passed totally backwards to an open (by 20 feet) Ingles for a 3. His passing tonight gave me more hope about him than anything else I have seen.

Then watch the game. The entire reason I booted up my computer was to see if anyone else noticed Exum's passing skills in this game. He is showing elite skill, he has an inate knowledge of when and where to pass the ball. One time he drove sideways into the lane then passed totally backwards to an open (by 20 feet) Ingles for a 3. His passing tonight gave me more hope about him than anything else I have seen.

I wish his passes weren't so soft though. I'm surprised every time one of his more creative passes get through. The idea behind them is good, but they are just so painfully slow.

Yes he always pass the ball to the open man and has good court vision. I wanted to say passing highlights...no look passes, behind the back passes, alley oop passes and so on...

These refs are not even horrible. They're on another level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved Bennett Salvatore during the Stockton/Malone days - he is the king of the superstar calls. With three All-Stars, I doubt The Cavs would lose another game if he ref'ed them every night.

With the Crypt-Keeper finally gone, Salvatore is the next dinosaur that needs to go.

Missed the Jazz game. Looks like it went as expected. Watching the ESPN games tonight, anyone else?

It's easy to look good at passing when you aren't looking for your own offense at all.

Any coincidence that we have sucked since Kanter came back from injury?

Nope.

Team knows Gobert deserves to start.

No one is owed anything.

Look at Brady taking over for Bledsoe due to injury. Never got job back.

That is why Favre always played hurt, never wanted to give backup a chance.....

Or maybe cleveland deflated the balls tonite :rolleyes:

It's incredible how that Jazz didn't find a playmaker above the average since Deron Williams left!

I think the Jazz had to do all the possible to move up in the 2012 draft to take Damian Lillard! Just imagine this team with him!

I really want them to start playing Gobert and Kanter together. Rudy covers so much up when he's on the floor. If the Jazz can convince somebody that Enes is a legit 20-10 option. . . well. . . it would really open up the trade options at the deadline. Kanter has been better in some areas this year, but I haven't seen the improvement that I'd like to with him. Would love it if the Jazz could convince somebody that he's the next Harden ready to bust out and get a windfall for him. Don't understand a starting lineup of Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Jingles and Burke. Start Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Exum (at the 2 even though he will struggle at it) and Burke, THEN bring Kanter in for Favors and Jingles in for Burke, sliding Exum to PG for a bit. After that, play whoever is doing well together and see how it goes.

I think you're on to something with Rudy playing next to Kanter, but Kanter's trade value isn't going to increase much by the deadline, due to his contract status. I also don't believe Utah will make any kind of trade that increases immediate wins. The situation could work out perfectly for us if Kanter's value stays low and we sign him to a decent contract. Then next year you play him next to Rudy as much as possible until his trade value increases, and then you've got a considerably more valuable trade asset.

If you read this thread and didn't watch the game you would think Kanter single handedly lost this game. It is inconceivable that the guy being repeatedly bashed finished with 24 points and 17 rebounds and 1 assist. There is a whole team to complain about and yet off with his head.
Yep

I think you're on to something with Rudy playing next to Kanter, but Kanter's trade value isn't going to increase much by the deadline, due to his contract status. I also don't believe Utah will make any kind of trade that increases immediate wins. The situation could work out perfectly for us if Kanter's value stays low and we sign him to a decent contract. Then next year you play him next to Rudy as much as possible until his trade value increases, and then you've got a considerably more valuable trade asset.