What's new

Game 42 - Jazz at Cavs - 1/21/15 5 PM Mountain Time - Root Sports

The fact that he's capable of putting up these kind of numbers should make it clear why Utah needs to manage him carefully as an asset. Meanwhile the losses increase the value of our pick. A little patience and Utah could be loaded for bear to take the next step.

Or they will repeat history and either retain Kanter and continue to start him for years, or they will let him walk for nothing.

Sorry, but the Jazz need to show me they can and will do the right thing with situations like these before I start to believe that they will.

I know this is just negative way of looking at it, but it's also the truth. The track record of the Jazz suggests that they won't and aren't treating him as an asset, but more like treating him like he is a part of the family and won't do anything mean, like trade him.

Trading Kanter is just as obvious as the fact that we should have traded Jefferson, and we didn't do it then
, and we knew it then.. But yet, here we are again talking like we understand how the Jazz view this.

I honestly am starting to believe that the Jazz aren't truly invested in winning a championship, and more about putting out a decent product that has players they like as people, so the community likes them. I don't think they are willing to make tough decisions in order to get where they need to be.

Or they will repeat history and either retain Kanter and continue to start him for years, or they will let him walk for nothing.

Sorry, but the Jazz need to show me they can and will do the right thing with situations like these before I start to believe that they will.

I know this is just negative way of looking at it, but it's also the truth. The track record of the Jazz suggests that they won't and aren't treating him as an asset, but more like treating him like he is a part of the family and won't do anything mean, like trade him.

Trading Kanter is just as obvious as the fact that we should have traded Jefferson, and we didn't do it then
, and we knew it then.. But yet, here we are again talking like we understand how the Jazz view this.

I honestly am starting to believe that the Jazz aren't truly invested in winning a championship, and more about putting out a decent product that has players they like as people, so the community likes them. I don't think they are willing to make tough decisions in order to get where they need to be.

He's not much of an asset. You want him traded because you think he sucks. Do you think teams are going to line up wanting him? If he's going to theoretically go help some contender, a team looking for him to be a big off the bench, you think they'll want to give anything more than a 2nd round pick for what could potentially be half of a season for a player who wouldn't be able to even play five minutes in the playoffs. That's probably best case if anyone even wants him. If the Jazz are actively shopping him, that lowers his value even more. Sure, he can packaged with stuff, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a pretty ****ty asset. Fans are unrealistic about trades.

Yes, the Jazz could always just trade him for anything, no matter the return, but what if he could be re-signed at an uber low price? If they ship him for anything they're going to have to end up replacing his rotation spot with some scrub dude who will undoubtedly be worse than Kanter.

You don't see him as an asset on the Jazz so why do you think he's one on the trade market?

The two situations are like night and day, and are not really similar in any way. Kanter can be an extremely valuable asset if we play our cards right. Dumping him for peanuts would be just plain foolish. The potential payoff is worth the risk of losing him for nothing, when you consider that peanuts are easy to come by, but valuable trade chips are not.
-
I hate to say this, but you are determined to believe that the Jazz want to win now, regardless of the fact that winning now clearly isn't the priority. Once you make peace with the tank, everything makes good sense, and we don't have to struggle to understand why things are being done the way they are. Rudy would absolutely be starting if Utah was interested in winning now. I've been saying this for the last month or so, but there's no doubt Utah will have to get creative in order to steer the tank around Rudy. keeping him on the bench and limiting his minutes is not some kind of big mystery. It's pretty straight forward, unless you have it stuck in your mind that winning now is always the most important thing.

He's not much of an asset. You want him traded because you think he sucks. Do you think teams are going to line up wanting him? If he's going to theoretically go help some contender, a team looking for him to be a big off the bench, you think they'll want to give anything more than a 2nd round pick for what could potentially be half of a season for a player who wouldn't be able to even play five minutes in the playoffs. That's probably best case if anyone even wants him. If the Jazz are actively shopping him, that lowers his value even more. Sure, he can packaged with stuff, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a pretty ****ty asset. Fans are unrealistic about trades.

Yes, the Jazz could always just trade him for anything, no matter the return, but what if he could be re-signed at an uber low price? If they ship him for anything they're going to have to end up replacing his rotation spot with some scrub dude who will undoubtedly be worse than Kanter.

You don't see him as an asset on the Jazz so why do you think he's one on the trade market?

I've gone over this a million times.

Kanter isn't garbage. He just isn't what I want on the team. Especially since we have Gobert. I wouldn't even be considering trading him if we didn't have Gobert. The biggest reason why I want Kanter traded is because that means Gobert doesn't play over Kanter. If we keep Kanter, this will go on til his next contract is up. We are talking 4+ years. I guarantee it.

Kanter does have value. Certainly way more than a 2nd round pick. It's Ludacris to suggest otherwise. We could sit down for a few hours and hash out why he has value, but It would be pointless, and take too long. Just take my word for it. He has value. Pretty good value too. But that value will start to drop once he gets paid

Look at other trades teams make. 2 first rounders for Mosgov? Really? Mosgov? Why not Kanter?

I promise you it's not the old saying around here that if there were deals to be had, the Jazz would make them. It's non sense.

Hayward couldnt hold Lebrons Jock strap tonight. Lebron showed him what a true max star looks like. Hay still needs lots of improvement. Tonights showing just isnt going to cut it.

Look at other trades teams make. 2 first rounders for Mosgov? Really? Mosgov? Why not Kanter?

Jewsus man. Really? You know very well how that trade went down. The last thing Cleveland needs is a medium to high usage big who does not play defense. They were the only team willing to pay what Denver wanted for Mosgow. Comparing this to the Kanter situation is - to quote you - just Ludacris.

I've gone over this a million times.

Kanter isn't garbage. He just isn't what I want on the team. Especially since we have Gobert. I wouldn't even be considering trading him if we didn't have Gobert. The biggest reason why I want Kanter traded is because that means Gobert doesn't play over Kanter. If we keep Kanter, this will go on til his next contract is up. We are talking 4+ years. I guarantee it.

Kanter does have value. Certainly way more than a 2nd round pick. It's Ludacris to suggest otherwise. We could sit down for a few hours and hash out why he has value, but It would be pointless, and take too long. Just take my word for it. He has value. Pretty good value too. But that value will start to drop once he gets paid

I promise you it's not the old saying around here that if there were deals to be had, the Jazz would make them. It's non sense.

Cavs are in win now mode. Kanter does not help them win now, he's the opposite of what they need. They need some defense and rim protection lol. Mosgov is a dude you'd probably want playing over Kanter if he was on the Jazz. Pretty much shows how valuable of an asset he is on the trading block.

What's wrong with having three serviceable bigs? If Kanter's gone that's just another rotation spot that's got to be filled by some dude that will probably be worse than Kanter. If Kanter is gone and Rudy takes all his minutes the Jazz will still lose a **** ton of games and be in the lottery. Teams aren't really going to swap anything of promise for a half a season of a player with little promise.

It's good having three serviceable bigs. Gobert will be starting and getting the starter minutes sooner rather than later. Might not be until next season, but oh well. Jazz could really use some athleticism on the wings and the perimeter. They still need lots of help on both sides of the ball. Trading a serviceable big for a bag of chips just to replace him with the big-man version of Joe Ingles next year would be dumb. I realize you aren't saying to do that, but that's a very real consequence of just trading Kanter for the sake of trading him and getting Rudy minutes for the rest of the season.

Favors had 1 rebound. His inconsistency is a puzzle.

Poor Trey, being terrible every night must be hard. I have failed a bit in my life, the hardest part was not the failure but rather it was the recognition that the people around me knew I was failing. Eventually I stopped what I was failing at, sometimes I just walked away. Trey is in a spot where he can't just walk away, at least not without creating a bigger scene...it's kind of like being a bad husband or father. So I can feel for Trey and that is why I am pulling for him to succeed.

Lol....

Big Al and Boozer could look great in box scores too. Enes was fantastic tonight in the box score. But for those slurping him up, go back and watch his defense, not boxing out, and overall body language. Do it, I dare you.

He's not the only one either, Favors and Burke took dumps tonight too.

Hayward couldnt hold Lebrons Jock strap tonight. Lebron showed him what a true max star looks like. Hay still needs lots of improvement. Tonights showing just isnt going to cut it.

True Max - Max is a bogus term meaning what the player can get.

Hayward is just a #9 pick.

Lebron is arguably one of the top 3 NBA players ever...ever.

He can destroy anyone on any night on any play if he wants.

But Captain obvious Hayward (and all the other players) are not in Lebron's League...

But Captain obvious Hayward (and all the other players) are not in Lebron's League...

Thank you, I've been saying this all the time. The biggest difference makers are wing players imo. The Jazz need to aim higher. We have a true rim protector, now we need a true scorer.

Jewsus man. Really? You know very well how that trade went down. The last thing Cleveland needs is a medium to high usage big who does not play defense. They were the only team willing to pay what Denver wanted for Mosgow. Comparing this to the Kanter situation is - to quote you - just Ludacris.

Cavs are in win now mode. Kanter does not help them win now, he's the opposite of what they need. They need some defense and rim protection lol. Mosgov is a dude you'd probably want playing over Kanter if he was on the Jazz. Pretty much shows how valuable of an asset he is on the trading block.

What's wrong with having three serviceable bigs? If Kanter's gone that's just another rotation spot that's got to be filled by some dude that will probably be worse than Kanter. If Kanter is gone and Rudy takes all his minutes the Jazz will still lose a **** ton of games and be in the lottery. Teams aren't really going to swap anything of promise for a half a season of a player with little promise.

Sorry, I didn't speak clearly enough.

I didn't mean to imply Kanter to the Cavs. I'm just pointing out what was given for Mosgov. 2 first rounders.

My point was that he does have value. It keeps being suggested that the reason why we haven't traded him is because we won't get anything more than garbage, like a second rounder. It's not true. We could get a decent package for him.

The Jazz aren't very keen on a trading players. That's my point. History proves that. Deron Williams is the only significant trade they have ever made, and look how it turned out. The Jazz are just way to conservative with the team. They are scared to be bold. It's ll about play it safe as possible

Please don't ever let someone fool you into thinking that. He is the best player in the league today, and still might be next year, but he would wilt under Jordan's death stare, he would hide behind Wade if he ever faced Bird, he is a TV infomercial for himself compared to the Magic of Showtime. And give them a seven game series with equivalent rosters and I think Kobe beats him every time, because Kobe would want it more.

The grandeur of Lebron is as much to do with a league chained to a marketing strategy and desperate for a 'star' in a generation of HGH as it is to do with his own skill or persona.

prince john sits alone on his tiny throne declaring himself to be King, but you don't have to believe him.

Please don't ever let someone fool you into thinking that. He is the best player in the league today, and still might be next year, but he would wilt under Jordan's death stare, he would hide behind Wade if he ever faced Bird, he is a TV infomercial for himself compared to the Magic of Showtime. And give them a seven game series with equivalent rosters and I think Kobe beats him every time, because Kobe would want it more.

The grandeur of Lebron is as much to do with a league chained to a marketing strategy and desperate for a 'star' in a generation of HGH as it is to do with his own skill or persona.

prince john sits alone on his tiny throne declaring himself to be King, but you don't have to believe him.

stfu