What's new

Game Of Thrones

5 is by far the best season in my book. People just hate masterfully paced plot development.

Well you are certainly in the minority. I think most consider 3 to be the best and season 5 to be one of the worst.

I really can't have any definitive stance until I watch them all again.

Season five had some pretty great GOT moments but I think it was the worst season as a whole.

It was sunk by the terrible Dorne plot and I also didn't care for the Sansa Ramsay rape fest or what was going on with Mereen.

I was also sad to see Stannis the Mannis get treated so poorly in the show. Book Stannis is much better.

Sent from my VS987 using JazzFanz mobile app

Well you are certainly in the minority. I think most consider 3 to be the best and season 5 to be one of the worst.

I really can't have any definitive stance until I watch them all again.

For me 6 is worst, followed by 2. Best is 5, then 3, then 4, then 1.

Season five had some pretty great GOT moments but I think it was the worst season as a whole.

It was sunk by the terrible Dorne plot and I also didn't care for the Sansa Ramsay rape fest or what was going on with Mereen.

I was also sad to see Stannis the Mannis get treated so poorly in the show. Book Stannis is much better.

Sent from my VS987 using JazzFanz mobile app

What season was him torturing Theon so much? 4?

I didn't like the first two seasons that much but that might be because I knew some spoilers and spending a lot of time on characters who I knew would be irrelevant later on was boring (Renly Baratheon, Starks). I don't know how I would rank them but I disliked season 6 for the most part but the finale of last season saved the entire season for me and was that epic. I like this season quite a bit.

Very entertaining episode but...
1) The water beyond the wall cracks and breaks during a long winter?
2) When the white walkers came after them the second time, why didn't the men just slam their swords/hammer into the ice to break it around the rock on which they stood to act as a moat of sorts?
3) Why did that dude not get on the horse with Snow? "There's no time." What??? Stupid.
4) The white walkers can't run really any faster than the humans but evidently they can throw a spear an infinite distance.

Very entertaining episode but...
1) The water beyond the wall cracks and breaks during a long winter?
2) When the white walkers came after them the second time, why didn't the men just slam their swords/hammer into the ice to break it around the rock on which they stood to act as a moat of sorts?
3) Why did that dude not get on the horse with Snow? "There's no time." What??? Stupid.
4) The white walkers can't run really any faster than the humans but evidently they can throw a spear an infinite distance.

Yeah, that's a good point. Water probably shouldn't be cracking up there.

This show has transitioned from a great story into transformers. Have a feeling that the book delay is because George doesn't have a good way to end it either.

The writing is just sloppy now. You cant get too hung up on it. Like the Sansa/Arya story-line currently? It feels forced, like everything story-line has been this season. I doubt Arya would be this hung up over this after all she has learned.

Welp, saw it. Pretty cool.

I have a link if anyone needs it.

If someone knows where to find a quality stream of the newest episode please PM me. If the streams are all poor quality I'll just wait to watch it on HBO tomorrow. TIA

[MENTION=245]Catchall[/MENTION] hook a brother up next time.

Great episode.

I've never read the books, but this is definitely a season that is different from the book seasons. The show seems to have switched paradigms from a fantasy world with deep character development to somewhat of a cinematic spectacle.

The Luke-Leia scene was kind of weird. Is incest just a normal thing in GRRM's vision?

Yeah, writing is worse and worse the farther they get from the books. Characters acting stupid when GRRM doesn't have stupid characters in main roles.

Raven flew a thousand plus miles to Dragonstone, Dany flew all the way back to the exact right place, all before nightfall? All before nightfall? Or did days actually go by and the showrunners decided not to show us any of the drama that would entail? Whatever. It's a different show. It's satisfying in a lot of way to move through the plot so fast, but it's not GRRM.

I'm anxious for the next book, and I really really hope GRRM gives us book 7.

Yeah, writing is worse and worse the farther they get from the books. Characters acting stupid when GRRM doesn't have stupid characters in main roles.

Raven flew a thousand plus miles to Dragonstone, Dany flew all the way back to the exact right place, all before nightfall? All before nightfall? Or did days actually go by and the showrunners decided not to show us any of the drama that would entail? Whatever. It's a different show. It's satisfying in a lot of way to move through the plot so fast, but it's not GRRM.

I'm anxious for the next book, and I really really hope GRRM gives us book 7.

You just kind of have to give them a pass w/ the time frame they have left to finish the series.

And I think the more surprising thing is Gendry running all that way when it was literally his first time ever being in a place cold enough to have snow.

Seeing the preview for episode 7, it looks like Jon Snow is going to wear that same heavy wolf garb whether he's north of the wall or in King's Landing. He should take a hint from the unsullied and take it off once in a while.

You just kind of have to give them a pass w/ the time frame they have left to finish the series.

And I think the more surprising thing is Gendry running all that way when it was literally his first time ever being in a place cold enough to have snow.

They have the time left for the show that they accepted. I know I would have much rather had 10 episodes for this and next season. It's pretty much the most popular show there has ever been. If they can't make money making more shows then they are dump as ****. There is no excuses. They want less shows, they need to keep quality for the number of shows they decided on. They are delivering the action, but action is not the backbone of this series. The storytelling has suffered.

So Gendry makes Castle Black by nightfall, the magnificent 7 sit on the frozen lake overnight (while none of the undead make a move), the Raven delivers overnight message service, and next morning Dany provides air support within an hour or two of spinning up the dragons.

Yeah, a bit of a stretch. I don't suppose Dany could have just gone with them in the first place. That would have lessened the drama.

They have the time left for the show that they accepted. I know I would have much rather had 10 episodes for this and next season. It's pretty much the most popular show there has ever been. If they can't make money making more shows then they are dump as ****. There is no excuses. They want less shows, they need to keep quality for the number of shows they decided on. They are delivering the action, but action is not the backbone of this series. The storytelling has suffered.
I'm sure there are other restrictions like actors contracts and things of that nature that keep them from filming more. Plus they want to get into the prequel series.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app