What's new

Game Thread - 1/2/15 Atlanta at Utah - 7 pm local

FYI the last 8 games(212 MIN) when Enes was on the court we had a DefRtg of 98.2 when he was off the court it was @104.6

When Trey was on the court(255 MIN) our DefRtg was @104.5 with him off the court it was @94.3

Something has to happen with Trey's minutes. He can't play that much he is just hurting the team. Please Q do something.

People wanna see more of Rudy and I totally agree but it shouldn't be for any of Enes' minutes.

All-NBA is basically the same thing as All-Star but the All-NBA is awarded for the entire year's performance while the All-Star is for the 1st half only. So yeah, All-NBA is more prestigious, no argument really.

All-NBA is basically the same thing as All-Star but the All-NBA is awarded for the entire year's performance while the All-Star is for the 1st half only. So yeah, All-NBA is more prestigious, no argument really.

Only difference I could see is that there are 15 All-NBA guys versus 25 all stars every year. But yeah I agree with you. The difference in skill is not that much considering that both teams are comprised of basically the same players.

FYI the last 8 games(212 MIN) when Enes was on the court we had a DefRtg of 98.2 when he was off the court it was @104.6

When Trey was on the court(255 MIN) our DefRtg was @104.5 with him off the court it was @94.3

Something has to happen with Trey's minutes. He can't play that much he is just hurting the team. Please Q do something.

People wanna see more of Rudy and I totally agree but it shouldn't be for any of Enes' minutes.

I am certain that DL and QS have some sort of plan in mind. First, trey's replacement is already here, he just needs a couple of years to take over. So, what do you do in the meantime? I agree that right now he is killing the team. My guess is that they know that the Jazz are not going anywhere this year and that trey has little trade value. So he is a placeholder that they are trying to groom into a decent backup.

I do wonder what they think about his toll on the team emotionally and developmentally. Maybe they will have to bring in a journeyman pass-first PG to tide them over. Gotta be tough for the other guys to see possible wins tossed away grooming trey and dante.

I wonder how good we could be with a legit defense good starting PG.

How was Enes awful in the 1st half? I don't remember him playing a whole lot. I do remember him being the only starter being able to make a shot (was 3/6 at half time). I also remember him rotating on D, then having to run out to the 3 pt line full speed because noone rotated to the perimeter. Are you blaming him for that? That's on our 1-2 gaurds.

Maybe awful is too harsh for his play, but in fact I felt in general the team was bad. We were getting outplayed. Other than Gobert I wasnt really impressed with anyone in the first half, and he wasnt that impressive. He was the only one having a positive impact. Kanter was a non factor. As was Hayward.