What's new

Game Thread- Brooklyn Nets vs. Rudy & his subordinates

Why in god's name is Kanter still in?

Kanter had an off night - I think QS was trying to give him some burn to keep his confidence going. He hit a few baskets near the end of the game. Good to leave on a high note.

Dante's passing has been sublime today! Too bad the bigs haven't been able to finish most of those...

Yeah, he made 3 or 4 beautiful passes into the post that weren't finished for whatever reason. Probably should have had a few more assists.

So whose minutes would you like him to take? Not a questionable move in the least.

True, hard to find minutes for him. The only way I see it happening is taking some minutes from Joe and that would be going big, trying Evans at the 3 and moving Hayward to the 2. The big man rotation is pretty well set, baring any injury.
But yeah, tough situation for the kid, he's still one of my favorite though.

So whose minutes would you like him to take? Not a questionable move in the least.

I disagree, and I said it through the thread. I've noticed Quin is damn conservative when we're up big. He should have played scrubs and those who need to work on their game the entire fourth quarter unless the lead dropped below 15 or 16. The Nets played nobodies. None of our players got hurt, but all it would take is a hard foul by the other team. I remember Hayward injuring his shoulder or something on an innocent looking play a while back. **** happens. Why risk it?

Kanter had an off night - I think QS was trying to give him some burn to keep his confidence going. He hit a few baskets near the end of the game. Good to leave on a high note.

Could be right. Makes more sense with him I guess. Maybe the same thing for Favors a bit, since he didn't really get anything until the final quarter.

I disagree, and I said it through the thread. I've noticed Quin is damn conservative when we're up big. He should have played scrubs and those who need to work on their game the entire fourth quarter unless the lead dropped below 15 or 16. The Nets played nobodies. None of our players got hurt, but all it would take is a hard foul by the other team. I remember Hayward injuring his shoulder or something on an innocent looking play a while back. **** happens. Why risk it?

I am not talking about who plays in garbage time. I was saying that playing Evans, under normal circumstances, would have to come at the expense of a superior player. It is perfectly understandable that he doesn't factor into Quin's plans.

True, hard to find minutes for him. The only way I see it happening is taking some minutes from Joe and that would be going big, trying Evans at the 3 and moving Hayward to the 2. The big man rotation is pretty well set, baring any injury.
But yeah, tough situation for the kid, he's still one of my favorite though.

I suppose. But playing Evans at the 3 isn't something to get very excited about.

I am not talking about who plays in garbage time. I was saying that playing Evans, under normal circumstances, would have to come at the expense of a superior player. It is perfectly understandable that he doesn't factor into Quin's plans.

I got ya. He's a good fifth big to have.

In regard to Plumlee's form, How can someone who's played ball their whole life and is now playing at a professional level have such terrible shooting form? I don't get it.
Shawn marion

I suppose. But playing Evans at the 3 isn't something to get very excited about.

No I agree, all I'm saying is that if you absolutely needed to find him more minutes I think that's the only area where you could scrap some imo.

I really liked Trey's attitude in the post game interview. He seems to be growing not only as a player but a person as well. Accepting his new role and understanding his limitations on defense, knowing it's an area that he really needs to improve shows a lot of maturity on his part.

I really liked Trey's attitude in the post game interview. He seems to be growing not only as a player but a person as well. Accepting his new role and understanding his limitations on defense, knowing it's an area that he really needs to improve shows a lot of maturity on his part.

This is the works of a man who seems to understand team philosophy and players mentalities, Quin. A good coach who takes the team's morale into account, kind of 'easing' players into what their final role might be, letting it play out smoothly. I like where this team is heading to.

Another prime example. I scratched my head every time Marion would drop a three, I'd ponder the simple things like, "how" and "why".
I agree.
Weird that nba players would ever make the nba with such crappy looking form on their shots

Rudy: "Lately they don't go in the paint that much, they just shoot jumpshots, and it's pissing me off 'cause I want some blocks, but it's great for the team."

Well, Brooklyn shut down our bigs.
This is EXACTLY the offensive system Utah needs. Shut the Jazz down inside and there are wide open looks from behind the arc - if the Jazz can hit those shots. What a great game by our perimeter players!

Rudy: "Lately they don't go in the paint that much, they just shoot jumpshots, and it's pissing me off 'cause I want some blocks, but it's great for the team."

Boner jams