What's new

Game Thread- Brooklyn Nets vs. Rudy & his subordinates

The arena was definitely more engaged tonight. It was interesting to see QS pull Kanter aside a few times to coach him on various things.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Doesn't matter to me. It is how you treat people. For me, that incident lost all my respect.

I would have been OK if he apologized after...never did. Arrogant ***.

Having this even if rarely goes with the territory of being superstar material. He is a lot cooler than the most of those who have this material.

Things that Dante has to work on that has nothing to do with aggressiveness etc. that he should get out of his game (granted he's been playing very well lately, these are just things he should get better at):

- Passing softly on the perimeter. So many turnovers picked off on just swinging the ball or getting the ball to a big outside the 3pt line.
- On defense he ices the pick and roll... thats great. but when the big switches the direction of the pick, Dante does nothing, sometimes even 1-2 seconds afterwards. Just puts him really far when the guard uses the pick, especially when he goes over the pick.

Theres something else too that i can't remember.

Experience.

If only Kanter and Burke could pass better around the rim. Their abilities would flourish if they would just add that skill to their offensive repertoire. I really do like Burke as a player. His is an alpha male, and has no fear. Sometimes to a fault. When hes on a break, heading to the basket, we all know what coming. He's going to go in an shoot, and probably miss. He needs to draw in the defender, and pass that ball off 50% of the time to keep him honest.

In regard to Plumlee's form, How can someone who's played ball their whole life and is now playing at a professional level have such terrible shooting form? I don't get it.

I watched the game last night on The Nets feed, they were showing some Plumlee tapes from his HS days - he is actually very athletic and has major hops. He just dunked over everyone.

I like Mason Plumlee a lot - he's way better than his brother. I think Brooklyn will eventually dump Lopez to play him more.

Yet never gets play time. One of the most questionable moves by Snyder. Another question is giving Gobert only 19 minutes.

Who the hell are you going to take minutes from to give a scrub like Evans minutes?? Booker is better so no need there. Enes is better no need there. Hayward is better no need there Evans can't even lace Ingles shoes. So no need there. Millsap is even a better player. So no need there as well. Even Williams is better.

I guess Evans is right where he should be. With his *** parked on the bench and the king of garbage time. He's happy so I'm happy with his bench role. Sometimes I question his hunger to actually play how he hasn't even developed any semblance of a wing game is beyond me.

I watched the game last night on The Nets feed, they were showing some Plumlee tapes from his HS days - he is actually very athletic and has major hops. He just dunked over everyone.

I like Mason Plumlee a lot - he's way better than his brother. I think Brooklyn will eventually dump Lopez to play him more.

His athleticism was never in question, the guy is in the dunk contest after all. I was more referring to his atrocious shooting form from the charity stripe, Shaq-esque. Dunking can't be the only part of his game he worked on during High School.

I liked that Kanter actually tried to pass last night.
Me too. He made a few non-hand off passes and a couple of pretty tough for him) passes

Last edited:
The Exum starting, Trey with second group is working extremely well so far. Did not see that coming, but it is genius, both are just a better complement to the group they are now with. Can QS coach or what?

Who the hell are you going to take minutes from to give a scrub like Evans minutes?? Booker is better so no need there. Enes is better no need there. Hayward is better no need there Evans can't even lace Ingles shoes. So no need there. Millsap is even a better player. So no need there as well. Even Williams is better.

I guess Evans is right where he should be. With his *** parked on the bench and the king of garbage time. He's happy so I'm happy with his bench role. Sometimes I question his hunger to actually play how he hasn't even developed any semblance of a wing game is beyond me.

Aw, what a big man you are!
Hey let me buy you a pack of gum I'll show you how to chew it, whoo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J03AEBmh1zU

One of the Jazz commentators mentioned a nickname for Joe Ingles that I had not yet heard: Slow Joe. Talk about lame. I can definitely improve upon that sad excuse for a moniker. Brace yourselves.

"Slowppy Joe"

Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Let me walk you through the layers of this cunning creation. It's like a bunch of Matryoshka dolls up in here.

Layer 1: The allusion to the classic "Sloppy Joe" sandwich, which is delicious and serves as a good starting point for the rest of the nickname to unfold.

Layer 2: The "Slowppy" part refers to how Joe Ingles perpetually looks like he just got out of bed after a night of insane Australian partying, his hair ruffled and eyes bagged.

Layer 3: "Joe" is Ingles' first name. Some part of his name has to be included, otherwise how will we know who the nickname is referencing?

Layer 4: The "Slow" in "Slowppy" makes light of the ponderous form on his jumper, which needs to be wound up in the manner of a trebuchet before launch.

So there you have it. As always, if you want to use this nickname in your blog posts, YouTube comments, or just in general conversation, you have to pay the 50 cent royalty fee. Genius like this doesn't come cheap.

I love this Youtube channel.

I saw some fool wearing a Brooklyn Nets hat today at panda express. Really wish I was wearing some jazz gear after that drumming last night. But who knows... the kid prob haznt seen a game all seazen know what i sayin?

Lets hear from all the forum members that did not want Dante before the draft. LOL Hate to tell you I told you so!
I think pretty much everyone wanted exum when we find out he was available at #5.
Most of us didn't really talk about exum much because he was not supposed to be available