What's new

Game Thread: Indiana/Utah

I don't know why Burks is so bad in actual offenses. How could he have possibly found more room to attack in Corbin's offense than Quin's? Is Burks just that dumb where he can't make reads fast enough like Hayward?
I think you kind of answered the question.
Last year when Burks came in the game there was no offense. It was just get the ball, attack the hoop. And it worked.

Now he is trying to think. Not really his strong suit probably.

But like I said, give him some time to learn this offense. He may just be slower than hayward at picking things up (I think that's a given.... Hayward bbiq is one of his biggest strengths remember and he has more experience)

If quin is really skilled at developing players then maybe he can get Burks going.

The season is not even close to being over and everything in this team is still very new

Trey was brutal. We won't win many games with him playing like that. That said, I have full confidence in him as our starting PG. Let's bounce back!!!

With the diminished role of Kevin Love, is Gordon Hayward now the best White American player?
I think love still holds the title.
It's still pretty early in the season

I don't know why Burks is so bad in actual offenses. How could he have possibly found more room to attack in Corbin's offense than Quin's? Is Burks just that dumb where he can't make reads fast enough like Hayward?

Corbin simply put the ball in his hands more as a creator. But also, Burks is a known slow starter. Last November he was worse than this.

WhirlwindSnarlingIndri.gif

Dude's looking right at it. This was another ugly game. Hopefully the Jazz step it up after a day of rest.

Lesson here, just run into the ref.

Corbin simply put the ball in his hands more as a creator. But also, Burks is a known slow starter. Last November he was worse than this.

I thought we were going to cut him... He was awful. Give him time he's shown flashes.

My worry with trey is he has yet to have anything resembling a good game. I hope he figures it out. Dante's not ready for full time duty and I think he'll wear out quickly.

bad bad loss, no other way to say it. trey shot selection has just been strange, if you are struggling you'd think he would switch it up instead of forcing up more deep shots. Hibbert kind of had his way with our big guys, felt like we should have played Rudy more.

Yes, I apologize. After tonight's performance Trey is shooting 30%/22%. Lucas only shot 33%/30% last year. So my apologies for tainting the good name of John Lucas III.

Well, at least Trey ain't Jamaal Tinsley.

Lucas also isn't in the league anymore for a good reason.

Lucas also isn't in the league anymore for a good reason.

Clearly there's hyperbole in my posts. But Trey has been bad to start the season, maybe as bad as any PG not named Tinsley. And we've had some stinkers. Burke should be very grateful he has a guaranteed deal and the Jazz have no aspirations of making the playoffs. Otherwise, DL would be scouring the D-League and waiver wire for a new starter.

Clearly there's hyperbole in my posts. But Trey has been bad to start the season, maybe as bad as any PG not named Tinsley. And we've had some stinkers. Burke should be very grateful he has a guaranteed deal and the Jazz have no aspirations of making the playoffs. Otherwise, DL would be scouring the D-League and waiver wire for a new starter.

So what's your solution? Cut the guy we spend a lottery pick on? Trade him for pennies on the dollar? Start Exum when he's clearly not ready? C'mon man, lets hear another one of your fantasy trades that would never happen in real life.

I don't think anybody is happy with how Burke is playing, but simply put, he's our best option right now.

At least Trey passed the ball tonight. Pretty ****ty performance all around (except for Hayward).

I agree with the speculation that a structured offense does not play to the strengths of Burks. The first few games everybody was saying how he was playing outside the office, even some of the jazz FO which was weird. His best games were the first 2.

I'm wondering if since then, for QS has convinced him to run the offense one way or another. It's probably a bit uncomfortable for him. Hopefully QS can now adjust the offense or teach him to where he can utilize his talents.

With Trey, it's like something gotta be going on at home. Dude is just not right.

Hayward to Favors
UnnaturalScaryCheetah.gif

Favors blocks Copeland
BriskMarriedAfricanharrierhawk.gif

Kanter pumpfakes without traveling
PastSoggyBallpython.gif

Burks and one
IllustriousComplicatedHackee.gif

Burke does this
ConstantBelovedImago.gif

Burks tough layup
FrailDisguisedAfricanfisheagle.gif

White LeBron chasedown block
NauticalJitteryGosling.gif

Burke to Hayward fastbreak
SerpentineDistantInvisiblerail.gif

Burks lefty layup
SameDownrightBlackrhino.gif

Hayward sweet pass to Kanter who dunks without traveling
VengefulBlackandwhiteArabianwildcat.gif

So what's your solution? Cut the guy we spend a lottery pick on? Trade him for pennies on the dollar? Start Exum when he's clearly not ready? C'mon man, lets hear another one of your fantasy trades that would never happen in real life.

I don't think anybody is happy with how Burke is playing, but simply put, he's our best option right now.

Please cite one fantasy trade I have EVER suggested that would never happen? Go ahead, look back through any thread dating back to last season or the previous one (or the one before that)? Waiting...waiting...

Utah does not have a third PG. But they DO have a roster spot. C'mon...A.J. freaking Price was just picked up off waivers and KILLED Trey and Utah. Jazz need to use their roster spot to bring in another PG. Cut Trey's minutes to 15/per at most. There is NO WAY in HELL he should be playing 36 mins. At some point (pun intended), Lindsey has to treat Trey like a "sunk cost." Burke was a huge swing and miss at #9. He's a bust: can't defend, can't shoot, doesn't get to the rim with any regularity. He just doesn't do anything very well. Oh, that's right...he's "clutch" inside 5 minutes.