What's new

Game Thread: Indiana/Utah

Please cite one fantasy trade I have EVER suggested that would never happen? Go ahead, look back through any thread dating back to last season or the previous one (or the one before that)? Waiting...waiting...

Utah does not have a third PG. But they DO have a roster spot. C'mon...A.J. freaking Price was just picked up off waivers and KILLED Trey and Utah. Jazz need to use their roster spot to bring in another PG. Cut Trey's minutes to 15/per at most. There is NO WAY in HELL he should be playing 36 mins. At some point (pun intended), Lindsey has to treat Trey like a "sunk cost." Burke was a huge swing and miss at #9. He's a bust: can't defend, can't shoot, doesn't get to the rim with any regularity. He just doesn't do anything very well. Oh, that's right...he's "clutch" inside 5 minutes.

Again, who on our team is currently a better option at PG than Burke? We don't have one.

Again, who on our team is currently a better option at PG than Burke? We don't have one.

And that's exactly why I'm suggesting we need to use our 15th roster spot. It was ridiculous to enter the season without a 3rd PG. If they can't trust Ian or Toure to play better than a slumping Trey who can't hit the broadside of an NBA arena, then there is a serious problem.

And that's exactly why I'm suggesting we need to use our 15th roster spot. It was ridiculous to enter the season without a 3rd PG. If they can't trust Ian or Toure to play better than a slumping Trey who can't hit the broadside of an NBA arena, then there is a serious problem.

So you're suggesting the 3rd string PG we sign off the streets should start?

A horrible loss to a horrible team. IF the Jazz want to move on up the league hierarchy, they've got to beat the bad teams consistently, even on the road. Indiana just sucks; it's a no talent team as it now stands, and losing to it is an embarrasment. Favors, in particular, can't take every other game off.

I can't help but note that Kanter had by far the highest +/-. He's been playing well of late, at least according to box score, though he's got to rebound more.

Can someone please tell me why we are taking Kanter out when we need points? Booker and Favors are not the ones that will get them to you and Kanter was really hot tonight.

Lol. It was actually just an honest question. I am no expert and just couldn`t understand it.

It wasn't a shot at you, just a joke. And as Sir Charles always says, only God is an expert. As for me, I wouldn't think of second guessing Quin on anything.. From what I've read, he is basically omnipotent.

Can someone please tell me why we are taking Kanter out when we need points? Booker and Favors are not the ones that will get them to you and Kanter was really hot tonight.

Maybe he did sth wrong and quin didn't like it? I bet there is a reason cuz quin is a damn smart guy

Here are my comments about the game last night:

Favors - is too inconsistent and for being this "great" defender, he got abused last night. He is on again/off again and if this continues then the Jazz have no shot being very good.

Kanter - I thought it was his best game. I was surprised when he was taken out. I will say it. It was a bad move by Quinn.

Hayward - if he keeps playing like this he should be an all-star. I am more and more impressed with him. He is our go to guy and I never thought he could handle it. Keep it up Gordy.

Burks - I don't know what has happened to Alec, ever sense he signed his contract he has played poorly. Took some really bad shots at critical times. He needs to play better and more consistently or the Jazz have no shot at being good.

Trey- just another awful game. Dude is a horrible shooter. I have lost my patience with him. Jazz need his scoring and when he is missing wide up shots then he needs to be a bench player.

Booker - he played alright but it wasn't one of his better games. Booker always hustles but he was not productive last night. It was his worse game in a Jazz uniform. He along with the rest of our bigs got owned on the boards again.

Gobert - I was as excited as everyone about Rudy but his inability to hold onto the ball when rebounding or going hard to the basket is dampening my excitement. Rudy needs to work on getting stronger in the upper body and work on his grip. He did a few nice things but he is an offensive liability unless he can dunk it. Jazz need him to develop more on the offensive end in order to command more minutes.

Ingles - was ok and didn't do anything great or bad.

Exum - Dante seemed even more passive last night. I don't know if it was because it was his first back to back but I was screaming at him to push the ball and to get to the basket. Not a very good game from Dante.

This was a winnable game and would have put the Jazz at .500. However the Jazz can't win if only Hayward and Kanter show up. Jazz looked tried and they shouldn't be since these guys are young they should be able to handle a back to back. The Jazz made AJ Price look like an all-star. This was the first frustrating loss of the season for me.

Last edited:
Something that is starting to annoy me about Quinn. Yes, he isn't perfect. Take a tech for the team. There were plenty of opportunities last night to do so because the Jazz were getting screwed on many calls. He has to send a message to the refs that I am not going to let you guys keep screwing my guys.