What's new

Game Thread: OKC Thunder vs Utah Jazz 3/28/15 @ESA 7 PM MT

Special giveaway to the first 5000 fans.

9A1aJez.jpg

Jazz can stop Kanter or Westbrook, but not both. So one Jazz player have to step up big, to win this game.

b1d78cmceae6qzw.jpg

Those planning to boo are classless. Enes wanted to be here up until it became clear he was being demoted.

Sure he had gripes with how he was handled, but he was all about the Jazz for years. We are the ones who messed up, and in the end, it was win-win.

If you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at Lindsey for bringing in Trevor Booker in the offseason when he knew this was a contract year for Enes, after having seen what he had gone through with Hayward, he should have been smarter if he was trying to do right by him and our team. Not trading Enes in the offseason, and then mucking up the rotation with free-agent signings are what caused the situation, and ultimate low return on the trade. He was indecisive and thoughtless, hoping to pigeon-hole him to get a better deal on a contract. Player's don't like being treated that way. They have every right to try and reach their full potential.

Yes, Enes' minutes averages were something like 27 per with the Jazz this season, but his substitutions were counter-productive because they were inconsistent, as they'd been his entire tenure with the team. That's our fault.

Just be happy we have Rudy Gobert and let that be enough. Enes leaving unleashed Rudy.

and yes, I will be rooting for the Jazz. Felt like I had to say this before some accuse me of only being an Enes supporter from Turkey when in fact I'm a life long Jazz fan from Salt Lake.

and yes, I will be rooting for the Jazz. Felt like I had to say this before some accuse me of only being an Enes supporter from Turkey when in fact I'm a life long Jazz fan from Salt Lake.

Something tells me if the Thunder win you'll be making a long winded post regurgitating the Kanter situation. And if the Jazz win, there will be silence.

Those planning to boo are classless. Enes wanted to be here up until it became clear he was being demoted.

Sure he had gripes with how he was handled, but he was all about the Jazz for years. We are the ones who messed up, and in the end, it was win-win.

If you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at Lindsey for bringing in Trevor Booker in the offseason when he knew this was a contract year for Enes, after having seen what he had gone through with Hayward, he should have been smarter if he was trying to do right by him and our team. Not trading Enes in the offseason, and then mucking up the rotation with free-agent signings are what caused the situation, and ultimate low return on the trade. He was indecisive and thoughtless, hoping to pigeon-hole him to get a better deal on a contract. Player's don't like being treated that way. They have every right to try and reach their full potential.

Yes, Enes' minutes averages were something like 27 per with the Jazz this season, but his substitutions were counter-productive because they were inconsistent, as they'd been his entire tenure with the team. That's our fault.

Just be happy we have Rudy Gobert and let that be enough. Enes leaving unleashed Rudy.

Summary: DL and Snyder should have been looking out for Kanter's best interests instead of the Jazz's best interests.

And that's exactly why I would boo him. He demanded a trade as soon as what was good for himself stopped being what was good for the team.

Sure he had gripes with how he was handled, but he was all about the Jazz for years. We are the ones who messed up...

Surely you are joking. He was all about the Jazz as long as it was convenient for him. Then he sulked, stopped playing to his potential, and demanded a trade. I would boo, and boo loudly.

How else does one interpret your "We are the ones who messed up" comment?

one could interpret it as what was said, rather than what one with a bias poster would simplify it to.

This year was another year about development, because the prior one was botched due to a coach who didn't get the memo. Kanter's development could have helped the team, which would have been in the Jazz' best interest. Signing Booker, getting Novak, and auditioning all the other PF's coupled with Rudy's emergence (which I and others said would happen) only served to cause a log jam (which we had tried to alleviate the year prior by giving away two good bigs). It's like DL was looking at an exit strategy from Kanter, but too indecisive to make anything real happen, so we didn't got a lot of things real in return. You can't have one foot in and one foot out. That's our mistake.

Kanter was all about team, and by all accounts a very dedicated worker in every situation. Jazz had toyed with him from the day we drafted him. It is our responsibility to manage our prospects value around the league, and by our choices, we got to the circumstance we got to. You can't expect an NBA player, on an expiring rookie contract, who is being demoted and playing on a losing team where expectations are applied differently from player to player, to continuously be taking one for the team. That's unrealistic! Did Hayward take one for the team by going and getting his max? No. We pushed him to that point as well.

I REALLY don't want to keep talking about Enes. But, I also don't like seeing this scapegoating, vitriol, revisionist history, overzealous protection of management, and straight up ******** being associated with my fandom.

Go Jazz!!!!!

Summary: DL and Snyder should have been looking out for Kanter's best interests instead of the Jazz's best interests.

Maybe this concept is too far over your head ,but Kanter was a high draft choice with great offensive potential (now being realized),but Kanter's best interest was the Jazz best interest.
Jazz have lost 4 of their last 5 and last 3 home games.The big thing Jazz are missing .....is scoring.What alot of Jazz supporters were worried about.

I applaude the great defense Jazz are playing,but in the Western Conference you better be able to score too.
For the excuse makers ....I don't see any Tank Job..... going on within the Jazz team,they are playing hard and trying to win . Not enough offense,the offensive guy they needed will probably be doing 20 points /10 rebounds with OKC

And that's exactly why I would boo him. He demanded a trade as soon as what was good for himself stopped being what was good for the team.

Surely you are joking. He was all about the Jazz as long as it was convenient for him. Then he sulked, stopped playing to his potential, and demanded a trade. I would boo, and boo loudly.

We should cheer him for the good times he brought us and forget about the bad times. Besides, I'll cheer him just for the fact that he had to suck up Ty's abuse.

Kanter sucks as a professional and should be booed. But to look at the bright side, if we hadn't drafted him we would have most-likely drafted Valančiūnas. He's solid but he's not a star. I would rather have Gobert. Worked out well.

Jazz have lost 4 of their last 5 and last 3 home games.The big thing Jazz are missing .....is scoring.What alot of Jazz supporters were worried about.

lol, really? Like, really?

The Jazz were missing Hayward... prior to that they had a better stretch of winning than any they ever had with Kanter starting.

The Jazz will be a tough matchup for OKC. The inside presence will kill a lot of drives and putbacks. But OKC has a lot of perimeter weapons and the Jazz lack the talent to defend that zone. Snyder should go with man-to-man and tell them not to force help defense situations to try to decide to pick when there is Rudy inside to commit 4 fouls in 2 quarters and not play. Haha I got you didn't I? I think The Jazz will have fun scoring inside in this one. Someone should pump some courage to Exum to insanely drive on Enes by the way. I don't think Kanter's old teammates will give him any cold shoulders. I saw Rudy retweeting Kanter's 15 point 10 rebound 1st quarter. They will act all cool.