What's new

Game Thread: OKC Thunder vs Utah Jazz 3/28/15 @ESA 7 PM MT

This is my guess for next season and so on:
NOONE will offer Kanter what he thinks he is "worth". He will sign a qualifying offer, and him KD, and Westbrook will put together a mediocre, injury filled, season. KD will then leave and sign with the Wizards. OKC will act reactionary and max out Kanter as their future team with Westbrook and Enes. They will then enjoy several years of lottery picks and frustrated Kanter interviews.

The OKC/UT rivalry will be short lived, and in history books it will hardly be considered a rivalry at all. Kanter will get his stats, and come away with the "L" for years to come as future Jazz legends have foreshadowed.

KD goes to Washington.

OKC maxes Kanter.

Westbrook leaves for LA.

OKC stuck with Kanter at the bottom of the standings.

Lol

Per David Locke,

Enes Kanter “they are not a good basketball team” in post game.

This guy...

Not sure why Jazz fans' panties are all scrunched up over Kanter's comments. The disrespect started from Jazz players, who made him the team scapegoat. The organization relegated him to a jump shooter. It was perfectly understandable for him to want out. Not smart of him to diss the organization, but he certainly didn't start it.

The Thunder lost because of turnovers and selfish play. When Kanter actually got the ball he was very successful against the Jazz, including Gobert . Not sure this was a "told you so" game for the Jazz in any way, shape, or form. By the way, Hayward looks like a douche with his haircut. What goes around comes around, I'm sure Kanter will get his laugh.

Capsman obviously blind to the serious defensive liability Kanter is, and was especially last night.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Per David Locke,

Enes Kanter “they are not a good basketball team” in post game.

This guy...

D bag move, especially after you just lost to them. Really needs to shut up. But that's Kanter. Immature and emotional...

But...

Is he wrong?

I'll be the first to tell you that we aren't a very good team at all. Especially considering how 9/10 games our PGs are either invisible or chucking us out of games.

D bag move, especially after you just lost to them. Really needs to shut up. But that's Kanter. Immature and emotional...

But...

Is he wrong?

Doesn't matter. Kancer has no concept of professional decorum whatsoever. I genuinely don't think it was a coincidence the Jazz started clicking after they traded him. Can we improve? Absolutely. But calling out your former team like he did while admitting he didn't bring it every night, and still insulting them after losing ("we can't be losing to teams like that") is a special level of immaturity. Particularly when Hayward and, especially, Booker were all but saying they wanted to break a foot off in his ***.

Not sure why Jazz fans' panties are all scrunched up over Kanter's comments. The disrespect started from Jazz players, who made him the team scapegoat. The organization relegated him to a jump shooter. It was perfectly understandable for him to want out. Not smart of him to diss the organization, but he certainly didn't start it.

The Thunder lost because of turnovers and selfish play. When Kanter actually got the ball he was very successful against the Jazz, including Gobert . Not sure this was a "told you so" game for the Jazz in any way, shape, or form. By the way, Hayward looks like a douche with his haircut. What goes around comes around, I'm sure Kanter will get his laugh.

Someone should call in the 'waaambulance' for this okc fan. lol Dude, I bet even the Jazz bear mascot could score in bunches against Kancer's defense.

Doesn't matter. Kancer has no concept of professional decorum whatsoever. I genuinely don't think it was a coincidence the Jazz started clicking after they traded him. Can we improve? Absolutely. But calling out your former team like he did while admitting he didn't bring it every night, and still insulting them after losing ("we can't be losing to teams like that") is a special level of immaturity. Particularly when Hayward and, especially, Booker were all but saying they wanted to break a foot off in his ***.

Yeah, agreed. I have never seen such a stream of comments from a pro athlete as we have seen from Kanter. Geez, in public comments you always make it seem like everyone is a big happy family. He is going out of his way to disrespect the Jazz entirely, an organization that I believe is held in high regard around the league. Nice work Kanter, losing money everytime you open your mouth.

But...

Is he wrong?

I'll be the first to tell you that we aren't a very good team at all. Especially considering how 9/10 games our PGs are either invisible or chucking us out of games.

Might want to look up our record post all star break. We weren't a good team with Kanter, so he is/was correct in that sense. We are a good team post Kanter.

But...

Is he wrong?

Might want to look up our record post all star break. We weren't a good team with Kanter, so he is/was correct in that sense. We are a good team post Kanter.

Had a rough start to the season (6-19), then started to pick up steam and played nearly .500 (13-15) to the break. After the all-star break we're 13-7. Now you can attribute that to learning Quin's system. You can also say Kanter HAD been playing better when the team was playing about .500.

I agree with Thriller in that we HAVEN'T gotten good contribution from our PG's. Our SG spot has also been sketchy with Burks gone, Hood injured for much of the season and Millsap and Jingles doing whatever they can. Yet DESPITE all those factors, this team is still set to win 35 games. And if you just take the record after the break, that translates to a .650 winning percentage, which is right up there with the Blazers and Clippers. I'd say the Jazz - despite the warts - ARE a pretty good team. Sure, they need a couple more very good players. But let's not completely discount what they've accomplished, especially WITHOUT Kanter.

Right on Stifle.

This team is good now and will be even better next year. They will be healthy and improved in the bench. Many of our current back ups will be third string.

I look forward to seeing OKC in the playoffs.

I haven't seen it mention yet but Jingles was trash talking Kanter almost non stop during the game. When he was on the court he was and when he was on the bench.

Jingles and Booker need to sign 5 year deals after this game.

I haven't seen it mention yet but Jingles was trash talking Kanter almost non stop during the game. When he was on the court he was and when he was on the bench.

Yep. He got that iso long two on him and was clearly yapping all the way down the floor. I like that.

The point in the game where Ingles was clowning Kanter on offense was one of the highlights of the game for me. He just baited him into sagging too far off and buried a jumper in his face. Damn Kanter is completely worthless on defense.

The point in the game where Ingles was clowning Kanter on offense was one of the highlights of the game for me. He just baited him into sagging too far off and buried a jumper in his face. Damn Kanter is completely worthless on defense.

Didn't jazz shoot less than 40%< on the game? It wasn't OKC's defense that sucked but their offense this game. At least in comparison to Utah's defense/offense.

I was listening to the game as I sat around the campfire and enjoying every minute of it.
I had always liked kanter..... after those comments from him, **** him.

Awesome game.

I actually kind of liked listening to locke for the first time ever too