What's new

Game Thread? OKC vs. Utah

It's more Quin than DL. If we played anyone other Niang in those minutes the difference in our bench unit would be night and day. I'm telling you. They wouldn't be amazing but they'd be good enough most nights to hold us down. Keep it about even.

The reason our bench is sooooo bad is because of a perfect storm type of situation. Niang is a literal non-factor on the floor. He does not rebound, he does not create extra possessions through steals/blocks/deflections, he's not a playmaker, he does not score, he can't drive/post/screen, he does not draw fouls or get to the line. ALL that he can do is shoot. And that skill is not utilized enough by the team to account for the minutes he gets. It's not enough for him to be a positive. That's problematic not just because he sucks, but also because guys like Mudiay and Green are streaky players. If Green and Mudiay have bad games and Niang always provides nothing... the bench gonna be horrific.

If you sit Niang and play someone who will provide ANYTHING to the cause whether it be rebounds, steals/blocks/deflections, lockdown D, playmaking, whatever... things change. You can minimize the Mudiay/Green off nights.

Thank you for saying this. This needs to be put on Snyder for more reasons than you listed. He is not a horrible coach, but he's not a very good one either. For example, what is he doing about Mitchell reverting back to the chucker mode he was in at this same time last season? In my opinion, it's the coach's responsibility to correct this behavior but nothing has changed.

How about Mudiay's chemistry-killing tunnel vision and selfishness? It continues as if the people in charge refuse to tell him to stop doing it.

it was not just the Conley trade that did the damage though. Ed is nice but we really needed to make a PF signing out of that MLE.

we've developed TB for long enough, why not use him? even if he is truly garbage, it really isn't that hard to dig a backup center from somewhere compared to finding a starting PF.

I'd be interested to know if we've ever had such huge deficits on a consistent basis before.

Weird Donovan jumped off two feet to get blocked on that one. He used to be so good at finishing going full speed jumping off one foot. Hasn't done that as much this year.

Our response in this come back is playing Mudiay something close to 20 minutes? Quin whatchu doin' my dude?

Let Exum play through it Quin. My God, it's just ridiculous at this point. It's like he's actively trying to destroy his confidence.

I've been saying that for years. It's really unbelievable.

We need to blow this team up, we seriously look like our back is broken. Conley can't fix it. We had a better team with more fight last year.

Everybody's being beaten on backdoor cuts. No communication on defense, everybody ball watching.