What's new

Game Thread? OKC vs. Utah

Chris Paul was everything tonight that we wanted/expected Mike Conley to be for us.

Rudy's defense tonight was terrible. He never closed in on any of Chris Paul's mid range shots, even though he is definitely NEVER going to take it to the hoop. Do the Jazz not have access to shot charts? CP3 got everything exactly where he wanted it.

cp3_chart_1152.jpg

Chris Paul was everything tonight that we wanted/expected Mike Conley to be for us.

Rudy's defense tonight was terrible. He never closed in on any of Chris Paul's mid range shots, even though he is definitely NEVER going to take it to the hoop. Do the Jazz not have access to shot charts? CP3 got everything exactly where he wanted it.

cp3_chart_1152.jpg
RIP Grantland

cp3_chart_1152.jpg
I’m officially in the go get Chris Paul camp. He’s the worst and I hate him... but go get him... think DM will keep chucking bad shots with this guy in his ear everyday. Guy runs the pick and roll like a conductor and is still solid on defense... he actually gets calls... we need that.

I’m officially in the go get Chris Paul camp. He’s the worst and I hate him... but go get him... think DM will keep chucking bad shots with this guy in his ear everyday. Guy runs the pick and roll like a conductor and is still solid on defense... he actually gets calls... we need that.

how the hell do we get paul without trading Mitchell or Rudy?

I have a hard time believing this team will turn it around. When you look across our rotation, almost every player believes that the way to turn it around is for them to make more individual plays. Even Gobert believed the way to get better was for him to get more touches. Selfishness is the biggest issue with this team and also what the players probably think is the solution.

Quin hasn't lost the team in a mutiny way...but he's completely lost the team in terms of how they play basketball. The team is not playing basketball how he envisions and it's only getting worse.

Losing to OKC sucks but could be understandable if it was a tough close game.
Losing to OKC and playing like that? No energy. No heart and no passion...well that makes it hard to find a silver lining. They looked like trash.
Seriously, how many more games are we gonna fall behind 20+ points by? It’s one thing to lose it’s another to get owned.

Is our 1st protected?

Yes, but at this rate, it seems likely Memphis will get our 2020 pick.

Wojnarowski reports the Jazz will send a protected 2020 first-round pick to the Grizzlies, which will convey as a late lottery pick in 2020 or 2021 or become a lightly protected pick from 2022-24. David Cobb of The Commercial Appeal reports the first-round pick Memphis is acquiring will only convey in 2020 or '21 if it ends up being between No. 8-14.

I'm watching these highlights. In the 3rd quarter:
** Chris Paul isos on Gobert, hits from mid-range. He does this three more times in the game.
** Schroeder isos on Gobert, burns him and scores at the rim.
** Schroeder gets by Ingles, pulls up from mid-range and hits.
** SGA gets Royce off balance, scores and-1.
** Schroeder isos on Georges Niang, hits the long 3.
Lead up to 20. Game over.

Jazz tried to defend OKC's guards with our forwards and lost the battle badly. The Jazz got spaced out and were too slow-footed to defend their guards.

TB needs all the back up minutes. He’s got the size and hands to compete. Davis is just to thin for this offense. He can’t hold positions or create space for himself. He’s getting beat bad on the boards and that supposed to be his specialty. He is zero threat on the o side of the ball.

Brantley needs some of greens minutes due to rebounding. I like greens 3 pt shooting but he’s a bit of a ball stopper.

I agree with many of the other posts of Exum over Mudiay that have already been posted here.

Amen, brother.

So I guess this is rock bottom.

At this point is we got Paul one of two things would happen... he would be good and we’d win some effing games... or he’d fall victim to our pg curse and he’d be done... that isn’t ideal but it’d be one way to be rid of him.

Conley and Exum

Id personally buy those two plane tickets to Oklahoma if that could happen. But why would Oklahoma do that? Why trade for one of the biggest busts in recent nba history and a super overpaid PG who’s clearly over the hill? Paul is old and overpaid, but he’s still hella productive. Conley is a waste imo. Downgrade from Rubio.

At this point is we got Paul one of two things would happen... he would be good and we’d win some effing games... or he’d fall victim to our pg curse and he’d be done... that isn’t ideal but it’d be one way to be rid of him.

I can't do Chrissy. Rather blow up the team.