What's new

Game Thread? OKC vs. Utah

Id personally buy those two plane tickets to Oklahoma if that could happen. But why would Oklahoma do that? Why trade for one of the biggest busts in recent nba history and a super overpaid PG who’s clearly over the hill? Paul is old and overpaid, but he’s still hella productive. Conley is a waste imo. Downgrade from Rubio.

money... CP has an extra year... NY would likely love to get Conley and send 3 PFs with expiring contracts out... OKC then can bottom out and clear the books a bit. They aren’t interested in sneaking into the playoffs.

Not yet. Rudy or Mitchell can always turn sour and demand a trade. That would force the jazz to sell then for peanuts.

Not really... if we decided to oblige we’d still get a ton for either... both guys are under contract for another year and a half and we have DMs restricted rights... AD obviously got a ton in trade PG too... both guys asked out... we’d do quite well even though it’s suck and be another big step back.

I'm listening to our players talk about needing to move the ball more. What I believe they're feeling in their hearts is that they believe they should have the ball more and get to shoot/PnR more. That's the problem.

Just like sharing the ball is contagious, being selfish is contagious. When Mitchell goes hero ball and has 3 zero pass possession in a row, you know Bogey isn't going to pass the ball once he does get it. And you know Ingles is going to drain the entire shot clock trying to set up his PnR while the defense easily denies him the screen.

This is a fantastic thread:

Ex is my favorite player in the NBA ever. I have followed him since he was 13-14 years old. He's struggled to maintain a rotation spot for his entire career. That's what his NBA career is/has been. He is a borderline NBA rotation player with several major injuries piled up. It is what it is.

At this point, Exum's purpose is to give fans something to blame losses on. I wish it were so, but Exum's lack of minutes isn't why we suck. But as long as we don't play him, fans can believe that his absence is why we're losing. The problems for this team start at the top, Exum is an afterthought.

The problem the Jazz had tonight was mostly on defense. They were guarding the rim and the 3-pt line and giving up mid-range shots intentionally. The Thunder's guys just hit from mid-range all night. On the other end, the Jazz didn't shoot well.

Here’s one problem as I see it if we try/want to go after Morris or the like.

How many shots are there to go around? Seriously.

Morris is a decent player, and the Jazz need players who do not suck. But he's also a ballhog, and we definitely do not need another one of those.

For one thing, I think Conley is going to need to focus on being a floor general and limiting his attempts for the good of the team. Mitchell and Bogdanovic need to get their shots, and Rudy needs his regular 8-10 shots at the rim.

I could see the Jazz still having interest in Bobby Portis. He's a guy who will spot up from 3 and rebound. He shoots and scores better than Ed Davis and rebounds better than Jeff Green, making him a potential starter at the 4 and backup at the 4 or 5. You could give him all of Davis, Green and Niang's minutes, and it would be an overall improvement.

Oddly enough, what the Jazz need is Ricky Rubio. He'd pass to the open shooters, after driving to draw the defense, and his passing is contagious. He's also 6'4" and would help cover ground on the defensive end. He's younger and cheaper than Conley, and if we'd kept Rubio we'd still have:

1. Our first round pick from 2019 (Brandon Clark)
2. Jay Crowder
3. Grayson Allen
4. Kyle Korver

The downside is not getting Conley we wouldn't have got Jeff Green, Bojan Bogdanovic, Ed Davis or E. Mudiay. I honestly am not sure which team would be better though. We got better on paper, like so many things on paper, it doesn't matter. What happens when the rubber meets the road is the only thing that matters.

This is a fantastic thread:

It was a BS thread.
Some Quin truther stepping in to stop the hate coming his way.

His big argument was Exum sucked in his first two season? I mean really. That's an argument???

Jazz have to give him an extended run or just dump him. How can you expect him to get any feel or confidence playing here and there coming back from another injury.

If the Jazz think he sucks - just dump him so he and the rest of Utah don't have to go on about this.

Seriously - this is a ****ing bad PR situation for them. Also makes DL and Quin out as being on different pages.

Schedule has nothing to do with it. Just about anyone in the league would've beaten them last night. As people are saying, the bench is horrible. Green and Mudiay are very inconsistent. If they could play the way they do when they are good, we wouldn't have a problem. But they don't. And we can't pass the ball to Davis because he consistently fumbles the ball unless he's wide open.

TB needs all the back up minutes. He’s got the size and hands to compete. Davis is just to thin for this offense. <...>
Brantley needs some of greens minutes due to rebounding <...> I agree with many of the other posts of Exum over Mudiay that have already been posted here.
- Be it Brantley or Morgan, I'm pretty sure to try with them would not hurt anything worth mantaining at this point
- Bradley and Exum are in SLC because Jazz brass decided to keep them (and to pay 30M in Exum's case); not to ride them is ludicrous

Last edited:
Is it possible Dante is DL' s illegitimate son? This would all start to makes sense. Snyder's animosity to have DL's kid on the team would explain why he doesn't play and the contract is self explanatory at that point.....

(Before anyone decides to crucify me please note this is sarcasm.)

The downside is not getting Conley we wouldn't have got Jeff Green, Bojan Bogdanovic, Ed Davis or E. Mudiay.
Not true. Only Ed and Jeff Green. And they both suck. Bojan and Mudiay has never played with Conley and they barely knew the guy. He is just Mike Conley after all, not Lebron or Kawhi. So we need to cut this BS.

Bojan signed with us because money wise we are his best option. He will be 34 by the end of his contract. Just look at the regression of both Joe/Conley and you will understand why other teams were unwilling to match our offer sheet.