What's new

Game thread..Pelicans @jazz.... tank tested

jiggamanjazz

Pelicans on a back to back.. 3rd game in four nights. Just got whooped by the Lakers last night. This I is a scary game. The tank will be tested. We will see just how committed we really are. We need to build that cushion. Corbin I have faith. Don't let us down !!

Boo!!!!!

Go Jazz! Get that win! Give the kids a taste of victory. Keep them focused on the season and keep them from giving up. Plenty of other potential losses. Time for a win.

GO JAZZ!!!!

Pelicans on a back to back.. 3rd game in four nights. Just got whooped by the Lakers last night. This I is a scary game. The tank will be tested. We will see just how committed we really are. We need to build that cushion. Corbin I have faith. Don't let us down !!

Where are the pictures man?

Where are the pictures man?

Lemmings-Fortean-Times2.jpg

Tank tested.
tank13-2.gif

Tank Approved.

tank13.gif

GO JAZZ

I just realized my game thread for the first preseason game is significant. It was the only game we won.
I am the only thread creator this *year, if preseason counts that had the game come out in our favor.

I pledge here and now to not create another game thread the rest of the year.
You other scrubs can keep up the good work as long as we lose close games.
Well done.
Lol. As I'm reading, and your saying your the only game thread starter I'm thinking Mods, ban his ***! Imagine my relief when you promise not to start any more. Lol...

Time to get Ian Clark big minutes and bet Biedrens on the floor. Tank on.

Boo!!!!!

Go Jazz! Get that win! Give the kids a taste of victory. Keep them focused on the season and keep them from giving up. Plenty of other potential losses. Time for a win.

GO JAZZ!!!!

I agree. I think there is a line between tanking and a full-fledged dumpster fire in which players confidence can be shattered, or willingness to stay in Utah (cough cough Hayward) might be in jeopardy.

Even though watching Jabari and Wiggins last night had me salivating for lotto day, I think a win here and there - just to get our youngn's a taste of victory - is a necessity. Tonight seems like a fine place to start.

In terms of the Pelicans, Eric Gordon absolutely ravaged us last year in the one of few games he suited up. He scares me. Ant Davis is also playing at a ridiculously high level. Should be interesting to see if Favors and/or Kanter can run with him tonight.

So people are still rooting against the Jazz despite being winless and looking like a lock for last place? Come on. Have SOME pride.

If we win a game, I want it to be against the Miami, Indiana, or some other playoff team. We need to give the other crappy teams their wins, no need to keep the Jonesing for Jabari race close.

Do you remember the Warriors? While we may actually be trying to win games, any team that is actually trying to lose will overtake our lead quickly.

I'm not sure finishing in last place is any better than finishing with second or third worst record. In fact, I like third worst best. If Jazz finish 28th in the league, they have roughly equal chances at any of the top 3 pick, with a slightly higher chance at the 4th pick. Finish in first place gives them a higher chance to land the first pick, but 35% of landing the forth (compared to only 22% of landing 4th pick for third to last finish). And given the fact there are at least 3 amazing prospects competing for top pick, I don't see what the fuss is all about. Finishing the season with something like 10 wins will ensure we have a team that doesn't care much about winning, full of players waiting for their opportunity to leave. And no 19 year old can magically change that.

I'm not sure finishing in last place is any better than finishing with second or third worst record. In fact, I like third worst best. If Jazz finish 28th in the league, they have roughly equal chances at any of the top 3 pick, with a slightly higher chance at the 4th pick. Finish in first place gives them a higher chance to land the first pick, but 35% of landing the forth (compared to only 22% of landing 4th pick for third to last finish). And given the fact there are at least 3 amazing prospects competing for top pick, I don't see what the fuss is all about. Finishing the season with something like 10 wins will ensure we have a team that doesn't care much about winning, full of players waiting for their opportunity to leave. And no 19 year old can magically change that.

Are you sure about the chances to land 4th? Seems strange you'd have a better chance of falling outside top 3 with the worst record than if you were third worst.

Tuck the fankers. I am not too excited about winning this one. A. Davis is still Kanter's matchup and he will elevate more if Kanter keeps close and we all know he is a (Davis is a) 4 to many coaches who is waiting for that defending center like Aşık (possible trade with Ryan Anderson?) to move him to his position. It will be a good game for Favors in my opinion. Ty should give Gobert and Ian more time on the floor in this one. And he should insist keeping Ian on the floor instead of Lucas. Lucas' existence on the floor will do no good other than resting the young guard who should be protected from stamina/pace related injuries. We all saw what Ian can do. Now let's give him enough chance to show it in a legit pro game. Gordon is killing himself on the floor. Being a leader is not necessarily that. Players need to assist his pace of the game more and leave him more space and less responsibility. And the best way to do that is busting their *** as much as him. Like Kanter socketing his *** into the offense player's lower protection armor.

So anyways, I wanna see more Ian Clark on the floor. Get it done.

Jazz a 2 point dog tonight. Sigh.

Aaron Falk @tribjazz
Bovada has the Jazz as 2-point 'dogs at home against a bad road team playing its third game in four nights.

Come on Jazz get this one.

Gotta admit I didn't know that about the 3rd pick.

Problem is though you also have a chance of falling to 5 and 6.

What if they love Exum almost as much as the other three. And we fall to 5 or 6.

I still want the worst record for that reason alone.

The Lakers, Celtics and Knicks are going to miss the playoffs. I expect 'Miracles' or atleast ‘amazing statistical anomalies’ in June. And don't count out Detroit.

The Lakers, Celtics and Knicks are going to miss the playoffs. I expect 'Miracles' or atleast ‘amazing statistical anomalies’ in June.

I don't think Kobe lets them miss and I think the Knicks will be fine because the east is a joke. Celtics will be top 3 for sure.

Also, I've said it before, if I believed they rigged the lottery I'd quit following the league.