What's new

Game Thread: Utah v Sactown. Game in progress.

Those who still want Cousins are dumbasses.

This guy has cancer written all over him. He doesn't have the composure to lead his team anywhere. If you want Derrick Coleman II or Crymelo go ahead

But for me? No thanks. I'm not interested in a box score superstar but completely liabaility on and off the court.

So I should change my mind because of this game today?

Cousins is a hard character to handle everybody knows that but I have also no doubt in my mind that he is better than Derrick. Right now as well as in the future. If you have the right coach(hint: not Corbin) you take DMC over Derrick anytime. I love Derrick. He came a long way since his rookie year and I'm sure he hasn't reached his peak yet but he ain't Cousins.

And I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I'm extremly dissapointed in how Cousins acted. He is his old self again. He wasn't like that in the beginning of the season. From what I read Cousins and Malone had an amazing relationship. He was the first pro coach that talked some sense into him and changed the culture of that loosing franchise. What does the ownership do? They fire the guy that was a) winning and b)had no problems w/ the star player whatsoever.

But enough about a player that isn't on the Jazz.

And Thriller don't call people names. Didn't your parents teach your nothing?

So I should change my mind because of this game today?

Cousins is a hard character to handle everybody knows that but I have also no doubt in my mind that he is better than Derrick. Right now as well as in the future. If you have the right coach(hint: not Corbin) you take DMC over Derrick anytime. I love Derrick. He came a long way since his rookie year and I'm sure he hasn't reached his peak yet but he ain't Cousins.

And I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I'm extremly dissapointed in how Cousins acted. He is his old self again. He wasn't like that in the beginning of the season. From what I read Cousins and Malone had an amazing relationship. He was the first pro coach that talked some sense into him and changed the culture of that loosing franchise. What does the ownership do? They fire the guy that was a) winning and b)had no problems w/ the star player whatsoever.

But enough about a player that isn't on the Jazz.

And Thriller don't call people names. Didn't your parents teach your nothing?

Again? He was never not his "old" self. That's the problem. Cousins is his own worst enemy. Great talent with a terrible mental make up. Complains, acts out and as a result lets his team down. Same story over and over.

Back home from the game. I immediately take back from voting yes on trading Favors for Cousins. I really didn't think it was bad but after watching him in person from fairly close... that guy's a punk! No room for a cancer like him on the Jazz.

I mean on TV you don't get the whole picture. He whines all the way down the court, it just lingers in his head all the time and it gets ridiculous at one point.

I noticed something about Trey in today's game. He looked like he was actively trying to avoid shooting it off the dribble unless pressed by the shot clock. He seemed like he was trying to create for others(not very successfully) before looking for his own shot actually. I wonder if Quin has said something to him(i.e. "no long 2s off the dribble, pls"). He still shot some of those longish twos, but nothing compared to the number opportunities to shoot off the dribble he was provided by the weak pick and roll defense by the Kings...

Sure, a system does take some time.

Did Corbin ever really have an offensive system in his 3+ years in Utah? I remember the same lame *** excuses when he took over after Jerry. "Just give him time! Let him out in his system!"

The system was never put into place... In fact, the only system I saw was 5 guys playing jungle ball. It was essentially the same offense we saw tonight. Very few back screens, no cutting, etc. compare that with what Snyder has done in just 1 year! He has put into place a far more effective system in just one year than Corbin did in 3+. Corbin also had Better talent. Just look at what Big Al and the Atlanta Jazz are doing!

giphy.gif

Anyone notice Hayward's numbers the last 5 games?

24.4 pts
53% fg
50% 3pt
.792 FT
6.2 rebs.
4.2 ast.
1.2 stl

...and only 2 TOs

He's playing near an All Star level.

Those are great numbers and they are certainly All-star numbers.

One thing that we haven't mentioned much is Hayward's D on Gay. I thought he shut Gay down. Gordon was like, "see me with my metrosexual hair; gon' shut Gay down and walk easy in my Gucci coda satin effect sneakers."

well I think Gordon gets up to play against Gay because maybe he feels like he got slighted on the USA team. Gay took Gordon place on the team so maybe that has something to do with it.

Favors was pissed when he had go to the bench with his fourth foul which he looked like he felt was bs. He was fuming. When he came back in at the beginning of the fourth quarter, he was on a mission. He came out very, very aggressive. Loved it.

Rudy Gay was playing extremely uninspired defense though. It was a pretty easy 30. He didn't even really drive the ball that much, could have had a lot more points if he got his usual FT total.

Gordon is definitely the big story in this game. A lot of his shots weren't even touching the rim. Supreme confidence and fluidity right now. If he adds a post game, then he'll be 22+ppg.

Boone is a pretty good announcer IMO besides his old man tendencies to get stuck in a middle of a sentence.

Boler got a good voice.

Harpring is great too.

Favors was pissed when he had go to the bench with his fourth foul which he looked like he felt was bs. He was fuming. When he came back in at the beginning of the fourth quarter, he was on a mission. He came out very, very aggressive. Loved it.

That foul was an acting job. Wouldn't be surprised if a fine comes out of it. Just a terrible call.

I know Cousins still got his numbers, but it just didn't seem like he was a factor. He schooled Gobert a few times on drives. But Kanter - yes, the guy we've been ragging on all season long - did a nice job, IMO. Very solid game on both ends by Enes. I already changed my opinion to the "re-sign Kanter" camp. Tonight reinforces that belief. He's not there yet, but Kanter is showing some good strides.

I like boler and boone much better than boler and harpring