What's new

Game Tread: Pelicans @ Utah, 11/22/14, 7pm, MST

There's a lot of ball movement around the perimeter that doesn't seem to go anywhere or rattle the defense all that much.

I agree

I think I lost count of the number of times Favors would go and help D while Anthony Davis would roll to the basket from the top of the key without one frickin Jazz player even looking at him until he was about 1 foot from the basket.

And I'm not absolving Favors by any means - his help D was weak and in some cases not even needed.

Utah made it way too easy for NOP tonight.

The good thing is, with each loss we get more lotto balls! By the looks of things, we need as many as we can get. We need some serious upgrades still.

The Pelicans had a 150.1 offensive rating when Enes Kanter was on the basketball court tonight.
— Ben Dowsett (@Ben_Dowsett) November 23, 2014

:(

The good thing is, with each loss we get more lotto balls! By the looks of things, we need as many as we can get. We need some serious upgrades still.

Are we there already? I'm not ready for that again. In fact watching some of the other jazz draft picks play, the thought of the draft makes we want to throw up a little.

I don't have a ton of criticism about Quin, but that lineup he put to start the 4th was just atrocious. I hope I never see it again. It pretty much took all the momentum the Jazz had away.

And Burks was god awful tonight. Like one of the worst games I've ever seen from him.

I don't have a ton of criticism about Quin, but that lineup he put to start the 4th was just atrocious. I hope I never see it again. It pretty much took all the momentum the Jazz had away.

And Burks was god awful tonight. Like one of the worst games I've ever seen from him.

Yeah that was rough, NOP still had their A team out there and we had the B team. I get trying to get them a bit of rest to finish the game strong, but probably should've had at least one of the starters out there with that group. It was a huge swing though having that Novak 3 rim out and then them coming down and burying a contested 3.

For the first time this season I'm REALLY disappointed in this team. We had to win this game. Favors and Burks gutted me.

Hayward should get 36 mpg, Favors 32. Rest of he roster? I don't have the slightest idea. Good luck to the coach with figuring it out. May the force be with him.

This type of performance shows why young teams don't consistently win in this league. All I can say about Davis is WOW!!! Why couldn't the Jazz get the number one pick when he was available. I didn't see much of the game but is Quinn giving up on Kanter. He only played 17 minutes was he hurt or is Quinn sending a message. Burks was awful last night and type of regular game and the outcome could have been different. Looking at the stats too many turnovers and offensive rebounds certainly determined the outcome.

I am just glad the Jazz are not in the same division as New Orleans. They are in last place of the toughest division in the NBA from top to bottom. Oh well another lost, onto the next game. Remember last year the Jazz were 1-14 after 15 games so there is still improvement even though they are only 5-9.

If you noticed in all our wins during the preaseason - we had incredible balance scoring and sharing the ball. We've gotten away from that. Oh well.

This type of performance shows why young teams don't consistently win in this league. All I can say about Davis is WOW!!! Why couldn't the Jazz get the number one pick when he was available. I didn't see much of the game but is Quinn giving up on Kanter. He only played 17 minutes was he hurt or is Quinn sending a message. Burks was awful last night and type of regular game and the outcome could have been different. Looking at the stats too many turnovers and offensive rebounds certainly determined the outcome.

I am just glad the Jazz are not in the same division as New Orleans. They are in last place of the toughest division in the NBA from top to bottom. Oh well another lost, onto the next game. Remember last year the Jazz were 1-14 after 15 games so there is still improvement even though they are only 5-9.

Kanter is in Quin's doghouse for sure. He doesn't trust Kanter with the offense (or defense) so if there is a slight mismatch against Kanter, Kanter isn't playing long.