What's new

Game Tread: Pelicans @ Utah, 11/22/14, 7pm, MST

well atleast we're not under .500 with 3 all stars on the team and in the east....cough* cough* cavs

Anthony Davis is special. Wow that guy is impressive. The craziest part is that when you watch him it's obvious he's still nowhere close to maxing out his potential. LOL. ****!

well atleast we're not under .500 with 3 all stars on the team and in the east....cough* cough* cavs

Cavs will be in the Eastern conference finals at a minimum. We will miss the playoffs by six games and rue the day we signed Favors and Burks to big contracts.

We played the bench against their starters to begin the 4th when we had the game close and they blew it open again for the goodnight everybody kiss.

Hayward had a great game. I'm starting to believe in him soon emerging as a borderline All Star.

Gobert continues to grow (see what i did there?) He blocked Anthony Davis out on the floor. Not many guys can do that.

Burke had his best shooting game and a season-high 20 pts., but he doesn't do enough other things to impact the game. He was a defensive liability and a breakdown waiting to happen against J'rue Holiday. He's better than Jimmer Fredette though.

Burks had an off night.

Our bench isn't very good. There doesn't seem to be much strategy to it, just a couple of Australians who can create a bit off the dribble.

I mean seriously, this guy is making over $10 million a year and he stops to complain a call the ref made leaving AD all on his own to make it worse at the end. Pisses me off.

I mean seriously, this guy is making over $10 million a year and he stops to complain a call the ref made leaving AD all on his own to make it worse at the end. Pisses me off.

I don't walk that lazily through Hobby Lobby.

That's Favors and Burks lately just tired and lazy.Iwonder if Quin is overworking this team,we start slow and just look tired,we don't get back in transition and could open a bakery with all the turnovers and cupcakes we allow on the defensive end.

Saying Burks had an off-night is being kind.
Burks had a Burke-like night and Trey was hot for a change.

It all comes down to turnovers and giving up offensive rebounds. Pelican had 22 more FG attempts than Utah (93-71). I don't care what else you do, when you give up that many more attempts you're going to lose. Jazz had 9 more TP's and 7 fewer offensive rebounds. They did have 7 more FT attempts, but obviously, that doesn't even begin to offset the difference.

Reactions: ema
Here is what I'm seeing with Burks...Defenders sag off him every time he gets the ball, that is now the official scouting report on him it would seem by all other 29 teams in this league. It's up to Quin to give him the green light to shoot some more 3s early in the shot clock as they present themselves. Stop following a script to a T.

I'm not sure what offense we're supposed to be running, but I feel like it doesn't take advantage of the team's strengths. There's a lot of ball movement around the perimeter that doesn't seem to go anywhere or rattle the defense all that much.