What's new

Glass Half Hayward

Sometimes things really do turn out for the best. Sorry to all the faithful but I've never seen Hayward as our Savior. He's a nice complimentary piece, really that's the best I can say about him. I've never understood why he's the one always making the demands when he's not even our best player. Gobert is.

Gobert is our core player, we all seem to agree on that one. Gobert was an easy sign, no drama, I respect that. Hayward is a tease and high maintenance. And it doesn't seem to bother him that he's putting himself before the team, leaving us in the lurch, and then demanding in the eleventh hour to sign Hill event though he knows it means tax hell. People act like signing him to go over the cap is the most important thing in the world even though it's the biggest high stakes gamble the team has ever taken and it will hogtie us financially for years to come. And it's just one ACL tear away from crippling us. Still the Jazz organization is willing to take that chance. Really wish the feeling was mutual with both parties.

Truthfully it's really kind of embarrassing for me watching Jazz games sometimes. I look into the stands and see nothing but white faces. In the playoffs, I thought I was watching a Justin Bieber concert with all the "Hayward we love you" signs. Still he's a good player and I support the organization in their efforts to sign him. But I can't help but feel that we'd be fine without him as well. If he walks and we pick up a free agent like Mbah a Moute or Rudy Gay or even an old hand like Dunleavy to back up Ingles I think we'd be fine. And yes I agree that losing Hayward will free up opportunities for Mitchell (gonna be an All Star) and Burkes, and Ingles and maybe even Favors. One way or another I feel confident that we'll still be a playoff team next year.
You act like we can just replace 22 ppg lmao

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hayward is, above all, a VERSATILE player. Maybe not as freakishly versatile as AK47 was, but still pretty good. Great offense, very good defense, inside, outside, smooth or aggressive, he can change gears easily, and that's rare. That's why he's worth so much.

demanding in the eleventh hour to sign Hill

Honestly, I don't quite know why everyone has thought this. Was he ever actually quoted as saying anything like this?

Hayward is, above all, a VERSATILE player. Maybe not as freakishly versatile as AK47 was, but still pretty good. Great offense, very good defense, inside, outside, smooth or aggressive, he can change gears easily, and that's rare. That's why he's worth so much.

Honestly, I don't quite know why everyone has thought this. Was he ever actually quoted as saying anything like this?
He's also increased his scoring average 7 straight seasons. He could easily average 25 ppg next year (which I'm sure was part of the Jazz's pitch)

Sometimes things really do turn out for the best. Sorry to all the faithful but I've never seen Hayward as our Savior. He's a nice complimentary piece, really that's the best I can say about him. I've never understood why he's the one always making the demands when he's not even our best player. Gobert is.

Gobert is our core player, we all seem to agree on that one. Gobert was an easy sign, no drama, I respect that. Hayward is a tease and high maintenance. And it doesn't seem to bother him that he's putting himself before the team, leaving us in the lurch, and then demanding in the eleventh hour to sign Hill event though he knows it means tax hell. People act like signing him to go over the cap is the most important thing in the world even though it's the biggest high stakes gamble the team has ever taken and it will hogtie us financially for years to come. And it's just one ACL tear away from crippling us. Still the Jazz organization is willing to take that chance. Really wish the feeling was mutual with both parties.

Truthfully it's really kind of embarrassing for me watching Jazz games sometimes. I look into the stands and see nothing but white faces. In the playoffs, I thought I was watching a Justin Bieber concert with all the "Hayward we love you" signs. Still he's a good player and I support the organization in their efforts to sign him. But I can't help but feel that we'd be fine without him as well. If he walks and we pick up a free agent like Mbah a Moute or Rudy Gay or even an old hand like Dunleavy to back up Ingles I think we'd be fine. And yes I agree that losing Hayward will free up opportunities for Mitchell (gonna be an All Star) and Burkes, and Ingles and maybe even Favors. One way or another I feel confident that we'll still be a playoff team next year.

racist.

You act like we can just replace 22 ppg lmao

They replaced his points when he was out during the clips series. Won games without him, lost some with him.

He's good, but not as good as the propaganda would have us believe.

That's how I see it and we can have a difference of opinion, rather than insult each other (just wanna head that off, fellow jazz fan).

I agree with Kraken's well articulated post.
Opinions on Hayward are not unanimous, but I think we can all agree the trade up from 24 to 13 for D-Mitch was praiseworthy. I'm geeked - my jazz fandom is saved.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Truthfully it's really kind of embarrassing for me watching Jazz games sometimes. I look into the stands and see nothing but white faces. In the playoffs, I thought I was watching a Justin Bieber concert with all the "Hayward we love you" signs.
Wow, that's pretty racist. Am I supposed to sit home and not go the game because I'm white? I'm pretty sure the ushers don't take away signs cheering on Favors, Hill, Hood, or any number of non-white players the Jazz have.

Jazz - or any other team - shouldn't have to make an excuse if a franchise player is white or light-skinned. And I'm pretty sure race is not a question that is asked when buying a ticket. Is Utah less diverse than other markets? Likely. Does that matter? It shouldn't. Utah and Jazz fans have embraced players of all ethnic backgrounds and countries: Malone, AD , Griffith, DWill, Boozer, Millsap, Jefferson; Stockton, Hornacek, Eaton, Hayward; Okur, AK, Gobert. I don't think any of us care about someone's skin color. It was natural to expect Hayward signs; he was going to be a free agent and is the pillar of the team next to Gobert.

Last edited:
They replaced his points when he was out during the clips series. Won games without him, lost some with him.

That's how I see it and we can have a difference of opinion, rather than insult each other (just wanna head that off, fellow jazz fan).

Opinions on Hayward are not unanimous, but I think we can all agree the trade up from 24 to 13 for D-Mitch was praiseworthy. I'm geeked - my jazz fandom is saved.

You are a dumbass

lol k if you're on the "he's only a second or third option blah blah" wagon you're about 18 months behind the times.

Wow, that's pretty racist. Am I supposed to sit home and not go the game because I'm white? I'm pretty sure the ushers don't take away signs cheering on Favors, Hill, Hood, or any number of non-white players the Jazz have.

Jazz - or any other team - shouldn't have to make an excuse if a franchise player is white or light-skinned. And I'm pretty sure race is not a question that is asked when buying a ticket. Is Utah less diverse than other markets? Likely. Does that matter? It shouldn't. Utah and Jazz fans have embraced players of all ethnic backgrounds and countries: Malone, AD , Griffith, DWill, Boozer, Millsap, Jefferson; Stockton, Hornacek, Eaton, Hayward; Okur, AK, Gobert. I don't think any of us care about someone's skin color. It was natural to expect Hayward signs; he was going to be a free agent and is the pillar of the team next to Gobert.

Completely missing the point. It's the fawning that's really embarrassing - with the posters (at the games), then the billboards - just so juvenile, so middle school, so embarrassing. What signs cheering on other players? All I've seen is white folks with signs pleading "Gordon Hayward we love you, please don't leave". Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

Completely missing the point. It's the fawning that's really embarrassing - with the posters (at the games), then the billboards - just so juvenile, so middle school, so embarrassing. What signs cheering on other players? All I've seen is white folks with signs pleading "Gordon Hayward we love you, please don't leave". Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

what's the point of noting that it's "white folks" ?? That just seems unnecessary and dumb or racist.