What's new

Glass Half Hayward

Completely missing the point. It's the fawning that's really embarrassing - with the posters (at the games), then the billboards - just so juvenile, so middle school, so embarrassing. What signs cheering on other players? All I've seen is white folks with signs pleading "Gordon Hayward we love you, please don't leave". Kinda pathetic if you ask me.
Its called fandom. Fan is short for fanatic. You on a site called Jazzfanz.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

lol k if you're on the "he's only a second or third option blah blah" wagon you're about 18 months behind the times.

I never got off that wagon.
Yes, he's improved but he's still not a number 1. That's my opinion.

most JazzFanz' glowing opinions of Hayward will probably change if he defects to Boston. Mine will stay the same regardless. Reality, bitches.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

most JazzFanz' glowing opinions of Hayward will probably change if he defects to Boston. Mine will stay the same regardless. Reality, bitches.

he sure damned well looked like a number one option in the playoffs. Even against the Warriors.

And by first option, you probably mean an ISO player.
Gordon Hayward was the 26th highest scorer in the league, on team that played with the slowest pace. I think he's definitely a #1 option.

Hayward was 22nd in points per shot. Of the players above him only 10 scored more per game. They are: Harden, Durant, Thomas, Lowry, Antetekuonmpo, James, Butler, Leonard, Towns, Curry.

Hayward scores 22 per game super efficiently. Blake Griffin averaged slightly fewer ppg and it took him more shots to get em.

https://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/field-goals/sort/scoringEfficiency

Only because I've never seen a person of color holding said signs and maybe just maybe there's a connection there.

Do you know the demographics of Utah? Just because you haven't seen a minority hold up a sign doesn't make anyone racist. As far as people begging him to stay, well pretty much every city does that when an all-star caliber player thinks about leaving their team. So why are you surprised since the Jazz are the only ticket in town. People are emotionally invested in the Jazz and Hayward. No real ran wants to see their favorite player leave.

Losing Hayward would certainly not be the end of the world, the Jazz would still exist and everyone's life would go on but to simply dismiss him leaving as no big deal is ridiculous.

The West has gotten even more difficult and it is no big deal we lose our top scorer who has proven he is a #1 option. See Clippers series. what other player on the Jazz has demonstrated they could be as consistently good as Hayward on offense. Jazz already struggle with scoring so losing your best scorer is no big deal.

This thread was supposed to be about making the best out of a bad situation and yet some people think these sentiments reflect disdain for Hayward. Hardly. Not my intention. But what if he leaves? Then we have to move on. It's like your girl friend broke up with you. It hurts. But you have to move on. I sure hope that is not the case. I actually never took this Hayward going to Boston seriously. Now it seems it really is. I think perhaps he wanted to join Stevens in Boston from the getgo and now he is feeling the angst about leaving which is why he hasn't made the final decision. I think Hayward is a good guy and whatever he decides we should support him and move on if that decision is to go to Boston.

Completely missing the point. It's the fawning that's really embarrassing - with the posters (at the games), then the billboards - just so juvenile, so middle school, so embarrassing. What signs cheering on other players? All I've seen is white folks with signs pleading "Gordon Hayward we love you, please don't leave". Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

Very judgy -- why do you care so much how other people feel about this?

Not sure why you are so obsessed by what others are doing, to the point where their behavior embarrasses you. Fans get emotional about their teams and their players. In every major sport on every team. If you don't like it go watch a badminton tournament.

On the ridiculous race comments, are you condemning fans for being white or for cheering for their team's best player? Racism is a big problem without people seeing it where it clearly does not exist.

Well, Exum is going to be our Westbrook. Mitchell is already Wade 2.0. Hood will easily score 20+ pts on 7-12 from 3PT range. We don't need Commissioner Gordon.

Rodney + Mitchell too small for 2+3

Rodney + Mitchell too small for 2+3

Klay Thompson max vert is 31.5"
Donnie Max vert is 40.5"
Curry 35.5"
Rodney 36"

Klay st reach 8'7"
Steph 8'1"
Rodney 8'7"
Donnie 8'1"

Basketball is more of a pace and space now and less size might sometimes be a plus. Plus they are not that undersized. Donnie is really athletic already. And don't mind the positions for they matter less now.

And there are way more signs than just Hayward signs. You are either blind, stupid, or purposefully lying.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

If you followed the chronology of my posts it's very clear that the signage I was referring to were those displayed during the playoffs. "In the playoffs, I thought I was watching a Justin Bieber concert with all the "Hayward we love you" signs." I watched all of the playoff games and honestly didn't see any other signs for other Jazz players so if I'm blind stupid or lying it's another figment of your imagination.