What's new

GLeague Chitt

Jackson played some D last night although a lot of it was against the other team's second unit. It's interesting to get Tony's comment on Paris Bass. I thought he has looked really good for both games.
Bass is a solid gleague player but I'm not seeing an NBA player.

The Pistons are where players go to die. Frank's stats the last two years were not bad. Maybe him not being healthy and not being enthused about playing D ended his tenure there.
He has had some nice stretches so far. Unfortunately every time he seems to be building a little momentum he gets injured and has to earn his way back. Put him in the right situation though and I think he can be a solid sparkplug off the bench.

the coaching is
The coaching is probably fantastic. These are mercenary teams dude. They get paid peanuts and most of the teams are completely new rosters every season. There a good handful of coaches in the NBA now who got their start in the G-League. Once again, you sound dumb.

The coaching is probably fantastic. These are mercenary teams dude. They get paid peanuts and most of the teams are completely new rosters every season. There a good handful of coaches in the NBA now who got their start in the G-League. Once again, you sound dumb.
stupid as stupid does Forest lol. How about this take: The G League is not just for developmental level NBA prospects anymore

Just looking at box scores Agbaji hasn't played great yet in the GLeague. That's not super promising. I think one thing the G League can tell you is who doesn't belong there, as in who is too talented to be stuck down there. It's not a good sign when NBA guys don't stand out.

Just looking at box scores Agbaji hasn't played great yet in the GLeague. That's not super promising. I think one thing the G League can tell you is who doesn't belong there, as in who is too talented to be stuck down there. It's not a good sign when NBA guys don't stand out.
The Stars got whupped last night. Ochai and Bolmaro looked bad as in awful. Our guards or wings couldn't throw it in the ocean. Potter led the team in scoring and rebounding. Based on these two games neither Ochai nor Bolmaro ought to be considered prospects. They put off a similar stinky vibe that Butler did last year in this venue.

The Stars got whupped last night. Ochai and Bolmaro looked bad as in awful. Our guards or wings couldn't throw it in the ocean. Potter led the team in scoring and rebounding. Based on these two games neither Ochai nor Bolmaro ought to be considered prospects. They put off a similar stinky vibe that Butler did last year in this venue.

I'm just curious since you follow the G league, can you think of a player to play bad in the G League, but then turn in to a good NBA player?

I'm just curious since you follow the G league, can you think of a player to play bad in the G League, but then turn in to a good NBA player?
Not that I can think of. These two teams had played the night before so fatigue might have been to blame. The Stars starters got murdered last night. When your starting guards or wings shoot 3-19 it is hard to compete. One guy that didn't look particularly good when he got sent down was Raul Neto and he's had a pretty nice NBA career.

One reason I don’t like the g league for Ochai is he’s a three and D guy… or at least he’s supposed to be. In g league the pressure is to be different than that. I’m not encouraged by Ochais start obvi but not super discouraged. Dude is a worker and improved every year at Kansas… I think he figures it out but might be lower on the 3 and D scale than we want.

Not that I can think of. These two teams had played the night before so fatigue might have been to blame. The Stars starters got murdered last night. When your starting guards or wings shoot 3-19 it is hard to compete. One guy that didn't look particularly good when he got sent down was Raul Neto and he's had a pretty nice NBA career.

Yeah, I'm not really worried after two games, but at some point Agbaji should look like he doesn't belong there, in a good way.

One reason I don’t like the g league for Ochai is he’s a three and D guy… or at least he’s supposed to be. In g league the pressure is to be different than that. I’m not encouraged by Ochais start obvi but not super discouraged. Dude is a worker and improved every year at Kansas… I think he figures it out but might be lower on the 3 and D scale than we want.

From his limited NBA minutes, I think the biggest thing he can learn is our offense and defensive schemes. He just generally looked lost out there on the Jazz, but there are limitations to how much he can learn that down with the Stars.

I wouldn't expect him to score a million points, but it would be good to see him taking 5+ 3s a game and making a respectable amount. As far a defense I'll have to rely on those watching the game for how is doing.

Yeah, I'm not really worried after two games, but at some point Agbaji should look like he doesn't belong there, in a good way.
The thing is Ochai didn't look bad in the few games he got decent minutes with us. In the gleague he is playing a role that likely won't be his role in the nba so other than staying in shape I'm not sure I see the benefit. As mentioned his primary role in the nba is going to be as a 3 and and cutter guy.

I really don't understand why we are wasting a 2 way contract on Juzang right now. We should see if Jared Butler is willing to come back on a 2 way contract over him. I'd also think about waiving Bolmaro and bringing back Stanley Johnson.

The thing is Ochai didn't look bad in the few games he got decent minutes with us. In the gleague he is playing a role that likely won't be his role in the nba so other than staying in shape I'm not sure I see the benefit. As mentioned his primary role in the nba is going to be as a 3 and and cutter guy.

What kind of role do they have Agbaji playing for the Stars? I haven't watched the games, but from box scores it seems like he hasn't taken on some high usage role.

Potter looked good in limited action preseason. I believe he’s listed as a center but does he possess the athletic ability to cover NBA fours? Does he have three point range? I like many have concerns about Rudy Gay and was wondering if Potter could provide a cost effective solution short of a trade.

Potter looked good in limited action preseason. I believe he’s listed as a center but does he possess the athletic ability to cover NBA fours? Does he have three point range? I like many have concerns about Rudy Gay and was wondering if Potter could provide a cost effective solution short of a trade.
I think Potter is Tyler Cavanaugh with more talent. He played college ball in the Big 10 and seems to have a decent three point shot. The concern I would have is foot speed and quickness. Scouts saw some holes in his game to not draft him.