What's new

Go Bear and Ian Clark recalled from D-League

He will have a big to practice against in Brian Butch. I know he does not have the talent of Favors and Kanter but he's averaging about 15 points and 13 rebounds in the DLeague and perhaps can teach Rudy some ticks. Also it helps that his pal Ian is on this adventure with him.
I don't disagree with either point. From a philosophical standpoint, I just think you keep your bigs up and send your wings and shooters down. That's all.

If Pierre Jackson can look like the Allen Iverson of the D-League, my gaw... Go Bear will probably look like the next Wilt.

I expect a 70 point game from Gobert.

So you'd rather them sitting on the bench doing nothing?

I want Gobert playing. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for him NOT to be playing right now, every game, at least 12-15 minutes. None. Not a single one. Nada. It is unfathomable that he isn't simply playing.

But as far as the d-league goes, don't get your hopes up for leaps and bounds of improvement. If the d-league was an All-Star generating machine it would be the preferred method, much like farming the minor leagues in baseball.

Gobert with 16 points, 14 Rebounds, and 6 Blocks on 7-10 shooting. Watched the game and he played well.

Clark not so much.

Gobert with 16 points, 14 Rebounds, and 6 Blocks on 7-10 shooting. Watched the game and he played well.

Clark not so much.
This doesn't surprise me at all. If the goal was winning games and making the playoffs, then it makes sense for him to get his experience down in the D-League. Since the goal should be to develop the young guys and build chemistry, it seems like a dumb move to have Gobert down there. Glad he played well. I'm really not surprised. Still think they should try him out at the NBA level and let him learn by competing against the best bigs in the game.

This doesn't surprise me at all. If the goal was winning games and making the playoffs, then it makes sense for him to get his experience down in the D-League. Since the goal should be to develop the young guys and build chemistry, it seems like a dumb move to have Gobert down there. Glad he played well. I'm really not surprised. Still think they should try him out at the NBA level and let him learn by competing against the best bigs in the game.

It's better to get a good foundation though and learn some stuff, then get abused and not gain anything here.

No, they don't, They just want to seem 'cool' by bitching about anything the Jazz do. Good, bad, doesn't matter, must bitch to prove worthiness I guess.

So what does that say for someone who wants to seem 'cool' by bitching about anything JazzFanz bitch about? Good, bad, doesn't matter, must bitch about everybody bitching. Always.

It's better to get a good foundation though and learn some stuff, then get abused and not gain anything here.

While I may agree with you, I'd say right now losing is more important the development so let Grobert play. He can even bring some of his new DLeague friends with him, if he wants.

Did rudy show any moves or was it just dunks?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using JazzFanz mobile app

He had a nice baby hook in the lane from about 5 feet. But the play that was run for him was a guy driving to the basket and just throwing it up were only Rudy could get it so he could grab it and Dunk or lay it in.

No, they don't, They just want to seem 'cool' by bitching about anything the Jazz do. Good, bad, doesn't matter, must bitch to prove worthiness I guess.
Another way to be "cool" is by making outlandish predictions like Gordon Hayward averaging 24 ppg and being an all-star this year. Must be delusional to prove worthiness I guess...

Another way to be "cool" is by making outlandish predictions like Gordon Hayward averaging 24 ppg and being an all-star this year. Must be delusional to prove worthiness I guess...

Tonight the Idaho Stampede who is undefeated and a Portland farm team play at Bakersfield and I think the game is on NBA TV. It will be interesting to see how Pierre Jackson fairs against Gobe and Ian.

Atlanta sent PG/SG Jared Cunningham to Bakersfield. Got Schröder back.

I think It's time to take a shower Dennis fans. :)

Jam beats Idaho Stampede.100-97
First loss for them in their 9th game.

Gobert had another 16-14 in 31 min, this time with 4 blocks. (4-6 fg8-12 ft)
Ian Clark had 11 points 6 assists. 3-11 shooting.

Btw,Pierre Jackson had 31.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oVd-ALMIkU&feature=share

Watch our boys here.

I thought Jackson absolutely torched Ian Clark. But he's been doing that to everyone in the DLeague. Gobert was solid. Bakersfield went with a big line up with Gobert and Brian Butch starting. Gobert was 8-12 from the foul line and had 4 blocks. Jackson and Clark both had 6 assists.

I thought Jackson absolutely torched Ian Clark. But he's been doing that to everyone in the DLeague. Gobert was solid. Bakersfield went with a big line up with Gobert and Brian Butch starting. Gobert was 8-12 from the foul line and had 4 blocks. Jackson and Clark both had 6 assists.

The 2 games Gobert has been in the DLeague he has put up very solid stats. Ian's stats have been major league stinky PU.

The 2 games Gobert has been in the DLeague he has put up very solid stats. Ian's stats have been major league stinky PU.

Last night Gobert had 10 points 11 rebounds and clark had 15 points 5 assists in a Bakersfiled win against the Warriors DLeague team.