What's new

Go GET Teague

Reports are saying that the Hawks have really high asking prices for Teague, Horford, and Korver.

I would guess if we've talked they asked for Burke, Hood, and a first.

There won't be any trade then and Teague will leave Hawks for free. Nobody will pay a lot for a one year rental of a good but not great PG who's past his prime...

I guess what I saw the source was reddit. Nerds on top of it!!!

Sent from my E600A using Tapatalk

According to Kevin Arnovitz and Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com, the Hawks were offered George Hill for Jeff Teague but politely turned that deal down.

Meh. Hill probably doesn't fit in with a young rebuild, which is likely where they are headed.

Plus, they likely want picks.

Hill fitts a retool. If you extend the rest and just trade Teague for Hill, Hill fitts better with Schröder since he's so much better off the ball. Hill can defend some bigger guards as well. In that case they could just try to add someone in the summer and bank on continuity and a healthy Splitter next year.

They're leading their division and 4th seed right now. Why blow it up?

Rumor is that they view themselves as a fringe playoff team and that is not good enough. Horford, Korver and Teague have all been made available.

Rumor is that they view themselves as a fringe playoff team and that is not good enough. Horford, Korver and Teague have all been made available.

That doesn't mean they're going for a rebuild. May just be trying to add more talent with those pieces.

Sure, but if they're turning down Hill, they're not taking Burke + mid/late 1st rounder. Burks would have to be involved.

That's assuming that they are dead set on pieces instead of picks. Either way I hope the FO tries. But given DLs amazing late first round ability in the draft (Gobert and Hood anyone?) I am hesitant to trade late first rounders lol.

That's assuming that they are dead set on pieces instead of picks. Either way I hope the FO tries. But given DLs amazing late first round ability in the draft (Gobert and Hood anyone?) I am hesitant to trade late first rounders lol.

You're right I am assuming that it wouldn't make sense for Atlanta to trade a top-15 PG for picks and a most likely lifetime backup PG considering the spot they are in. Unless they would think they they could flip the picks for more talent?

Hey I'm all for Burke + pick(s) for Teague. I'm sure the Jazz FO would hop on that in a heartbeat. It's Atlanta's side that doesn't really make sense.

You're right I am assuming that it wouldn't make sense for Atlanta to trade a top-15 PG for picks and a most likely lifetime backup PG considering the spot they are in. Unless they would think they they could flip the picks for more talent?

Hey I'm all for Burke + pick(s) for Teague. I'm sure the Jazz FO would hop on that in a heartbeat. It's Atlanta's side that doesn't really make sense.

Your silly condescending tone aside, it all depends on what the Hawks want. If it is picks than the Jazz have a chance. If it is current players than not so much.

Since we are not in their FO we don't really know.