What's new

Gobert Getting Mad Love on REALGM

That is neither big nor long. Atlanta is up for sale. They don't even have a GM (IINM, Ferry was suspended). Quality of life can also be where you built friendships over the course of 7 years. It can be where your brother plays, where you have ties to several coaches, including the one who worked with you closely the previous season. I'm not saying it's likely, just that it's possible. There are many factors that might lure Paul to Utah. And many that would keep him with the Hawks.

Well as you say nothing is impossible, but with the turn the situation is taking in Atlanta, I would be very surprised if he left.

Well as you say nothing is impossible, but with the turn the situation is taking in Atlanta, I would be very surprised if he left.
Jazz could conceivably have $19M in cap space by renouncing rights to Enes, not picking up contract for Booker and finding a trading partner for Novak. I'm building in an assumption the cap increases a modest $3M (it increased by $5M last year). It's a reach, but this summer is the time to make a bold move. Maybe Paul accepts less if the Jazz agree to overpay to retain Elijah (by using their room MLE). Then the remaining cap space could be used to also sign DMC.

More likely, I know, is the Jazz keep Kanter and they still go after someone like DMC. Jazz would be over the cap with their holds, so in that case they should have the non taxpayer MLE ($5.4M). Is DMC's relationship with Quin enough to get him to leave Atlanta? And if he did, would Paul then enquire about working out a deal to return? Unless I'm way off in my calculations, the Jazz could make it work. Unlikely, yes....but doable.

Last edited:
He's coming back to Utah to come off the bench? I don't know, I guess it's possible he's sick of winning and starting. He's probably not even thinking about going deep into the playoffs this year. Too much Utah on his mind.

He's coming back to Utah to come off the bench? I don't know, I guess it's possible he's sick of winning and starting. He's probably not even thinking about going deep into the playoffs this year. Too much Utah on his mind.

I mentioned that as one of the things to figure out. Who says he has to come off the bench? You could conceivably start Millsap and Favors and bring in Rudy at the 6 min mark. Each player can still get 30 mins+. If Jazz offer him $15M and the chance to play on the same team as his brother, he at least has to consider it. I'd consider Paul at $15M a much better value than Enes at $13M - or whatever he's going to get offered. Maybe that changes in the next 45 games.

I never said it was likely Paul would agree to a contract with Utah, just that there are reasons he might.

DMC fits more of a need for us than Paul Millsap. Love Paul, but we should use out efforts to get DMC. And the "Dominance of the Atlanta Hawks" will be settled out in the playoffs. We have played them twice and they didn't seem light years better than the Utah Jazz, one of the worst teams in the Western Conference.

I think DMC makes more sense for us too. 3 and D. Allows Hayward to move to the 2. Much cheaper than Millsap. Also the type of guy who could be moved to the bench should a drafted Stanley Johnson or someone else develop into a stud in a couple years.

I mentioned that as one of the things to figure out. Who says he has to come off the bench? You could conceivably start Millsap and Favors and bring in Rudy at the 6 min mark. Each player can still get 30 mins+. If Jazz offer him $15M and the chance to play on the same team as his brother, he at least has to consider it. I'd consider Paul at $15M a much better value than Enes at $13M - or whatever he's going to get offered. Maybe that changes in the next 45 games.

I never said it was likely Paul would agree to a contract with Utah, just that there are reasons he might.

Faire enough, as said, nothing is impossible, but to me the chances of him leaving Atlanta are negligible and the chances of him coming back to Utah are minute.

Who says he has to come off the bench? You could conceivably start Millsap and Favors and bring in Rudy at the 6 min mark.

lfmgu.jpg

Seriously, I would be ****ing livid if Utah brought in a FA to start ahead of Favors or Rudy. With the holes we have in the backcourt, it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to sign someone to start in front of the guys who have busted their *** to earn their spot.

Last edited: