What's new

Gordon Hayward hate

Hayward's contract will end up being the reason why Boston doesn't become a dynasty. Maybe they get lucky and win a title after Golden State breaks up, but I doubt they hit the heights they expected to hit with all that cap space, picks and talent. Nobody is going to want to trade for Hayward's bloated contract so they would have to sacrifice better long term pieces (Jaylen Brown, Tatum, etc.) or better current pieces (Horford, Irving, etc.) in order to get a massive piece to add to their puzzle.

I am more and more thankful every day that Hayward left. If he was here, Donovan would not have been given the playing time or his eventual spotlight. Everything happens for a reason, and Hayward leaving made us galvanize as a team and become a contender.

The dude had ONE season where he was a Top-30 player and is coming off of a major injury... it's not like he was some perennial all-star snub or anything like that. I'm not sure why everyone is saying "he'll be back" As far as we know, that one all-star year was an outlier. He could end up being a decent 3rd option with Boston, but that's nothing close to what he was his last year here and certainly not worth the contract he has.

The dude had ONE season where he was a Top-30 player and is coming off of a major injury... it's not like he was some perennial all-star snub or anything like that. I'm not sure why everyone is saying "he'll be back" As far as we know, that one all-star year was an outlier. He could end up being a decent 3rd option with Boston, but that's nothing close to what he was his last year here and certainly not worth the contract he has.
A 3rd option for $31 million is crazy.

So, if Hayward falls off the earth this season does that say anything about the Jazz?

Probably more about the Celtics, well at least a Celtics player, Kyrie might be right, the earth could flat...

Looking at it almost rationally, he's gone from being the number 1 option and focus of a team to being what 2nd or 3rd option? Coming off a serious injury, his year is going to be ****. i reckon he never puts up numbers like he did in Utah again, Ainge can eat that contract like a cancer.

The crazy thing is that he might legit be their 5th option this year. I think he'll be third at best, and even that's looking doubtful. If I'm Boston, I don't want to take the ball away from Tatum or Brown for Hayward to have more touches.

y'all remember when we had that negative karma system here or whatever it was, I never got any except from Cappy Smurf and the one time I wished Gtime well. Got a dozen for that comment.

Maybe we can pick him up as a free agent.

Yeah that's a no for me dawg. Hayward appreciation goes along with Donovan injury fear mongering. Enjoy your quarantine with S8line in the dungeon.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

Tatum is better.
Irving is better.
Horford is more important.
Jaylen Brown might be better.

So really, Hayward is the 4th or 5th most important player on that team. $31.2, $32.7 and $34.2 the next three seasons. He makes as much as Ingles, O'Neale, Crowder, and Exum COMBINED...

So the athletic did a documentary on Hayward's recovery... I'm sure he got paid from the Player's Tribune article he released... you think he got paid for this too? Dude makes money off his rehab too... I'm not even mad... I kind of respect the hustle.

To understand my disdain for Hayward, you have to go back to 2004. That's when Kevin O'Connor made the infamous trade with Phoenix where we took on Tom Gugliotta's salary and received a future first round pick from the New York Knicks. Like many Jazz fans, I was really excited about "the Knicks pick". Many of us pinned all of our hopes on the the Knicks pick. We speculated about it and anticipated it for next 6 years. 6 YEARS!! Finally, 2010 came along and the pick turned into Gordon Hayward. We mostly lamented the fact that we missed out on Paul George for the next few years. Hayward was a decent, but not great player. He improved and became a one-time all-star (as an alternate). So, after 13 years of waiting, we finally had something to show for the Knicks pick, and then he left. I'm fine with losing Gordon Hayward, but not the Knicks pick. I never considered him a #1 option, and even cringed a little at the thought of giving a max deal to a fringe all-star. But I believe (and everything seems to indicate) that: 1) he knew he was leaving at least a year before he announced it and 2) he never told the Jazz. If he had, we could have had something to show for our lost asset. Some of you, with low self-esteem, say that he's just doing what's best for him and his family. That's true, but you can look out for your own best interests and still do right by your current employer that has invested in you. The Jazz and the fans deserved better from him. Hayward is a d*****bag that places himself above the fanbase and the Jazz organization.

To understand my disdain for Hayward, you have to go back to 2004. That's when Kevin O'Connor made the infamous trade with Phoenix where we took on Tom Gugliotta's salary and received a future first round pick from the New York Knicks. Like many Jazz fans, I was really excited about "the Knicks pick". Many of us pinned all of our hopes on the the Knicks pick. We speculated about it and anticipated it for next 6 years. 6 YEARS!! Finally, 2010 came along and the pick turned into Gordon Hayward. We mostly lamented the fact that we missed out on Paul George for the next few years. Hayward was a decent, but not great player. He improved and became a one-time all-star (as an alternate). So, after 13 years of waiting, we finally had something to show for the Knicks pick, and then he left. I'm fine with losing Gordon Hayward, but not the Knicks pick. I never considered him a #1 option, and even cringed a little at the thought of giving a max deal to a fringe all-star. But I believe (and everything seems to indicate) that: 1) he knew he was leaving at least a year before he announced it and 2) he never told the Jazz. If he had, we could have had something to show for our lost asset. Some of you, with low self-esteem, say that he's just doing what's best for him and his family. That's true, but you can look out for your own best interests and still do right by your current employer that has invested in you. The Jazz and the fans deserved better from him. Hayward is a d*****bag that places himself above the fanbase and the Jazz organization.

i mean it was obvious he was out the door, he sold his house mid-season as signed a non-disclosure agreement. LOL.

anyway, boston fans will turn on him ASAP if he doesn't produce for them. He is going to be fine though b/c that eastern confrence is weak, and the celtics have tatum, kyrie, brown, and horford.....

What an a-hole, to think that he would even say he felt bad because the Celts were winning without him. I mean, even if you felt that, you don't actually tell other people that. Talk about a self-centered douche. I hope him and Brad baby will be happy now that they're together again.

If I cared even a tiny bit anymore, I'd rep/like Greasy's post.

He's right, but I truly see Hayward as a grain of sand on a beach. He was part of a sand castle I was building, but I'm now surfing and the only time I remember that grain is when someone says "hey, remember that sandcastle we were building that got washed away?". Sure I remember a bit, but it doesn't matter at all, and you are distracting me from this next wave.

I have no hate, no love, nothing. When people bring it up I can remember the love, but more recently the hate I used to feel. It's all fading to nothing though.

It would be hilarious if at the game Hayward comes here for, if the fans cheer for our players, but when he is introduced, are busy talking to each other so there are no boos, no cheers, nothing...as if some g-league player nobody knows or cares about was introduced.