Gordo Points on Drives: 39 (.425 FG%)
Team Points on Drives: 95
Team Points per Drive: 1.203

2-pt Pull Ups: 28-70 (.400)
3-pt Pull Ups: 3-13 (.231)
Points per Pull Up: 0.783

​Ranks

8th in Total Drives (Jeremy Lin, 113)
15th in Drives per Game (among 52 players with 40+ Total Drives; Ty Lawson, 11.6)
24th in FG% on Drives (among 52 players with 40+ Total Drives; LeBron James, .700)
14th in Team Points per Drive (among 52 players with 40+ Total Drives; Kyle Lowry, 1.478)

18th in Total Pull Ups per game (Steph Curry, 13.4)
31st in Points per Pull Up (among 52 players averaging 5+ Pull Ups per Game with a minimum of 5 games played; Mo Williams, 1.13)

**** on Pull ups this past week.

Do you think it's slanted because of the Spurs game? IIRC he took ****-ton of them, and bricked them all. I wonder what his week would look like w/o the Spurs game..

You're probably right; if we remove his worst game from each week, his stats would be better.

Only reason I point that out is because it was probably Hayward's coldest shooting night of his career. He was missing everything from set-threes to free-throws (things he normally makes @ a high-clip), so thats why (in the case that he possible had a good week for pull-ups, minus the Spurs game) I wouldn't be too concerned about his statistical regression in pull-ups over the past week.

Only reason I point that out is because it was probably Hayward's coldest shooting night of his career. He was missing everything from set-threes to free-throws (things he normally makes @ a high-clip), so thats why (in the case that he possible had a good week for pull-ups, minus the Spurs game) I wouldn't be too concerned about his statistical regression in pull-ups over the past week.
I was just playing. Gordo's still not showing the improvement I'd like to see in his pull up game overall. I don't think his current production on-ball justifies an $11mm+ per year contract (unless someone can convince me he's an elite perimeter defender), even if he has been the Jazz's best all-around player this season.

I was just playing. Gordo's still not showing the improvement I'd like to see in his pull up game overall. I don't think his current production on-ball justifies an $11mm+ per year contract (unless someone can convince me he's an elite perimeter defender), even if he has been the Jazz's best all-around player this season.

I think the jury is still out on his pull-up game. Im willing to give him several more games. His mechanics, and body-balance seem good when he takes them. Who knows. It'd be hard to classify him as an elite perimeter defender, but I also feel that a great defensive coach (a la Vogel or Thibodeau) could get more out of him.

Do you think it's slanted because of the Spurs game? IIRC he took ****-ton of them, and bricked them all. I wonder what his week would look like w/o the Spurs game..

Wait what? If he takes them, he should make them....

Week 2 update (OP updated):

Week 2

Games: 4

Drives: 40
Gordo Points on Drives: 25
Team Points on Drives: 51
Team Points per Drive: 1.275

2-pt Pull Ups: 14-24 (.583)
3-pt Pull Ups: 1-3 (.333)
Points per Pull Up: 1.148

Total (through 11/9/13)

Games: 7

Drives: 51
Gordo Points on Drives: 27 (.478 FG%)
Team Points on Drives: 60
Team Points per Drive: 1.176

2-pt Pull Ups: 19-44 (.432)
3-pt Pull Ups: 2-8 (.250)
Points per Pull Up: 0.846

​Ranks (through 11/9/13)

8th in Total Drives (Monta Ellis, 80)
12th in Drives per Game (among 53 players with 25+ Total Drives; Monta Ellis, 11.4)
17th in FG% on Drives (among 53 players with 25+ Total Drives; Evan Turner, .731)
14th in Team Points per Drive (among 53 players with 25+ Total Drives; Kyle Lowry, 1.595)

18th in Total Pull Ups per game (Steph Curry, 13.7)
27th in Points per Pull Up (among 49 players averaging 5+ Pull Ups per Game with a minimum of 3 games played; Tony Parker, 1.156)

Gordo came on strong this week (statistically), despite the team's poor play.

Evan turners field goal percentage on drives = holy ****

Hayward seems to be pretty universally more desired than Evan Turner and I can't figure out why UNLESS you're comparing them as complementary players (at which point, why are you dropping so much coin on a complementary player anyway?).

Hayward seems to be pretty universally more desired than Evan Turner and I can't figure out why UNLESS you're comparing them as complementary players (at which point, why are you dropping so much coin on a complementary player anyway?).

I guess it depends on if you think Hayward is a legit second or third (complimentary) option. Turner is a third option at best, but Gordon is potentially good enough to be a #2. We will never have the chance to find out that out before having to pay him. From the eye test, Gordon has significantly improved since last year. His true shooting is holding up fairly well and his turnovers are not that bad given his usage. Turner is also 2 years older than Gordon.

I guess it depends on if you think Hayward is a legit second or third (complimentary) option. Turner is a third option at best, but Gordon is potentially good enough to be a #2.

Gordon is better scoring off the ball while Turner has always been an on-ball player. If Gordon is better playing off the ball but worse on it, then why should he obviously get more money/attention?

Gordon is better scoring off the ball while Turner has always been an on-ball player. If Gordon is better playing off the ball but worse on it, then why should he obviously get more money/attention?

I would imagine that off-ball players tend to be more effective as tertiary options, I answer your question. If you're not primary option, the ball won't be in your hands as much-- so if you can't play off a main option effectively, then your productivity will suffer. Not going off of examples or stats here-- just trying to think about it logically, I suppose.

Couldn't that be said of any player?

Even if this is true, how does it weaken my point? Paul George progressed from being an average defender in college to the All-NBA first team-- and if you think he could have had the same progression with a coach like Mike D'Antoni, then you are mistaken.

I would imagine that off-ball players tend to be more effective as tertiary options, I answer your question. If you're not primary option, the ball won't be in your hands as much-- so if you can't play off a main option effectively, then your productivity will suffer. Not going off of examples or stats here-- just trying to think about it logically, I suppose.
I'm all about tertiary (is this word being used right?) scoring, but you can get that for less than the max (or close). I still say a good rule of thumb is that if you're a perimeter player making 8-digits, you'd better be pretty damn effective at GETTING your team buckets, not just making them.

I'm all about tertiary (is this word being used right?) scoring, but you can get that for less than the max (or close). I still say a good rule of thumb is that if you're a perimeter player making 8-digits, you'd better be pretty damn effective at GETTING your team buckets, not just making them.
The drive statistics (which should also capture pick and rolls based on the definition) show that Gordo does a pretty good job of finding his teammates off the bounce. 14th in team points per drive (among the 52 players with 40+ drives) despite being surrounded by ****ty shooters. That pull up is the difference between being a very good secondary ball handler and being an off-ball player.