What's new

Government to shut down at Midnight

Okay you got me, please give me the tax and the monument to bigotry. How could I give up one just to also lose out on the other? That would be silly of me.

You still not getting it. It's one or the other. Try to be objective sometimes.

You still not getting it. It's one or the other. Try to be objective sometimes.
My blind hatred for Trump, which has been beaten into me by MSM, will not allow me to be objective. I am now just a programmed robot doing George Soro's bidding. And I won't stop until humanity has been enslaved and decent white Christians are forced to live like filthy minorities in their own country.

My blind hatred for Trump, which has been beaten into me by MSM, will not allow me to be objective. I am now just a programmed robot doing George Soro's bidding. And I won't stop until humanity has been enslaved and decent white Christians are forced to live like filthy minorities in their own country.

q0i8no1rxik6jtiwokba.jpg

Nation’s Oppressed Christians Huddle Underground To Light Single Shriveled Christmas Shrub

Does the government shut down mean that the banks are closed?
I couldn't log in to my account today.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm curious about this move. I'd like to see the actuals on why

Well, the “why” is she is denying him a platform with congress as a backdrop to grandstand to the public. Something he loves to do.

The “how” is that the leaders of the House and Senate (McConnell and Pelosi) both have to formally invite the president to speak in front of congress. She’s simply trying to withhold her invitation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...mp-invitation/t0TQQVPpCmVTpd9PDsiO7H/amp.html

Well, the “why” is she is denying him a platform with congress as a backdrop to grandstand to the public. Something he loves to do.

The “how” is that the leaders of the House and Senate (McConnell and Pelosi) both have to formally invite the president to speak in front of congress. She’s simply trying to withhold her invitation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...mp-invitation/t0TQQVPpCmVTpd9PDsiO7H/amp.html

So... Thanks for helping. I understand that there has to be an invitation from both McConnell and Pelosi. Pelosi's presponse is

Sadly, given the security concerns and unless government re-opens this week, I suggest we work together to determine another suitable date after government has re-opened for this address or for you to consider delivering your State of the Union address in writing to the Congress on January 29.

I'm curious if she can justify security concerns in dollar amounts. I'm not sure, but I think she's in uncharted waters.

So... Thanks for helping. I understand that there has to be an invitation from both McConnell and Pelosi. Pelosi's presponse is

I'm curious if she can justify security concerns in dollar amounts. I'm not sure, but I think she's in uncharted waters.
I don't think that really matters. I read that as a pretense for not inviting him. I don't think she really needs to justify it at all.

I don't think that really matters. I read that as a pretense for not inviting him. I don't think she really needs to justify it at all.

There is zero question it's all pretense, and political posturing. I figured that'd be implied.

This is all just very stupid. Pelosi, I think, is attempting to make Donald feel some personal consequences for the shutdown. I'm not convinced it will actually move the needle at all in the negotiations though.

I don't really believe this is the case but if Donald Trump really is in the pocket of Vladimir Putin it's easy to see this shutdown over maybe the most idiotic thing imaginable as exactly what he wants. It destabilizes the US and makes us (and liberal democracy) look weak.

Dang. Who will blink first? This might go on a long time.

And every last one of them should be irrevocably politically ostracized for it.

**** DC. No, it’s not equal. But who cares if a mugger kills me or the combination of Manson/Bundy. Either way I’m dead and I. DESERVED. BETTTER.