What's new

Grade this Fantasy U.S. Presidents Draft

Which Fantasy US Presidents team is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And just goes to show what short attention spans we all have. Ulysses S. Grant was a horrendously bad president. How quickly we forget...

Team 4 might be the "All-Time Overrated" team.

Yeah, besides saving the nation at its moments of greatest peril (civil war [x2!] and Cuban missile crisis, not to mention delivering the first meaningful civil rights legislation in this nation's history [at his own peril] or landing a watch-calculator on the moon), what the hell did they ever do? And Gerald Ford is hella rated too (wait, wasn't he also appointed steward in the time of the most consequential presidential corruption in history as well?).

Team 3 is like the ill-fated teams that draft Michael Jordan on here that can't seem to flesh out an even half-decent roster.

I have decided that Team 5 wins.

Team 4 had one vote from Enes Can Tear You Apart.

Last time I checked people from Turkey do not get to vote on who the president is, and should also be disallowed from voting on matters such as this.

Team 5 is the Champion!!!

Tie breaker will be most votes from U.S. citizens with the right to vote.

How do you know I'm not from US for sure?

Yeah, besides saving the nation at its moments of greatest peril (civil war [x2!] and Cuban missile crisis, not to mention delivering the first meaningful civil rights legislation in this nation's history [at his own peril] or landing a watch-calculator on the moon), what the hell did they ever do? And Gerald Ford is hella rated too (wait, wasn't he also appointed steward in the time of the most consequential presidential corruption in history as well?).

You're kind of proving my point.

Lincoln has been built up as some sort of god -- and admittedly it makes for a nice story/movie -- but spend more than a few minutes in some historical literature and delve into the details of his presidency and his war, and your opinion might be a little less shiny. Not implying that he's evil, just....overrated.

And presidents who have been assassinated always get a historical bump in their perceived ratings.

I can't imagine how anybody voted for Team 5.

Andrew Jackson would assuredly be an inmate in today's society.

Was at Scheel's with a good friend a while back and we walked past the talking animatronic Abraham Lincoln and she was like...

"Who the heck is that?"

Me: "Uhh thats Abraham Lincoln lol."

Her: "Who is Abraham Lincoln?"

Me: "SMD"

tbh I didnt know that about Jackson til my friend told me right after the draft.

I just thought he had a strong sounding name.

Dude. Whatever you heard, it's probably worse than that.

There's at least one report of Andrew Jackson being a douche during a duel for example. At the time dueling was still part of the culture but no one actually wanted to kill each other. The custom was to walk out in the street and fire your one shot directly up in the air so that both parties could save face and say that they fought a duel but no one actually got hurt. Dude Jackson was supposed to duel fires in the air. Jackson takes his sweet time aiming and kills the poor SOB.

Amazingly, this didn't affect his odds of winning the presidency.

Dude. Whatever you heard, it's probably worse than that.

There's at least one report of Andrew Jackson being a douche during a duel for example. At the time dueling was still part of the culture but no one actually wanted to kill each other. The custom was to walk out in the street and fire your one shot directly up in the air so that both parties could save face and say that they fought a duel but no one actually got hurt. Dude Jackson was supposed to duel fires in the air. Jackson takes his sweet time aiming and kills the poor SOB.

Amazingly, this didn't affect his odds of winning the presidency.

Aaron Burr approves of this.

I didn't vote fro him. I pretended he wasn't there. Teddy Bear, TJ and DDE was enough to carry the team, imo.

I didn't vote fro him. I pretended he wasn't there. Teddy Bear, TJ and DDE was enough to carry the team, imo.

This is sort of like if we had a "best husbands" draft and you decided to pretend that OJ Simpson wasn't on one of the teams.

During the last round of the draft I googled "best presidents rankings" on my phone.

Andrew Jackson was ranked #15

During the last round of the draft I googled "best presidents rankings" on my phone.

Andrew Jackson was ranked #15

Well we all know popularity is the best sign of objective quality.

That's why Justin Bieber is the best musician in the United States.

And presidents who have been assassinated always get a historical bump in their perceived ratings.

Because James Garfield and William McKinley are thought of as great presidents...

Even with that, I would have voted for 5. Unless you're Native American, his presidency wasn't all that much to write home about.

did anyone add up the denominations of money they're on? seems to me that would be a most sensible way to judge.