What's new

Great quotes from Donovan Mitchell workout

Mitchell is a short SG who can't shoot. He's being overrated due to the wingspan. Trey Burke had a big wingspan yet seemed to play shorter than his height.

Perhaps the most overrated player in the draft.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

This seems like a horrible comparison. Mitchell seems pretty athletic. Burke plays small because of his pedestrian athleticism.

Mitchell is a short SG who can't shoot. He's being overrated due to the wingspan. Trey Burke had a big wingspan yet seemed to play shorter than his height.

Perhaps the most overrated player in the draft.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Dah **** you talkin bout Shanique? Dude shoots 35% three an 45% floor. Gets to the charity stripe can defend.

Next Kobe Bryant an Jazz MUST move up to draft him an you can quote me on that I put it on my mother's life.

Mitchell is one of the few with star potential in the 15-30 range. He might fall down to 20 but not 24. We should definitely consider trading up, if we wont give that much assets.

Star potential is strong. I think he has starter potential. Dont see him ever making an All-Star team. Maybe an All-Defensive team at some point.

What's the knock on the kid? He reminds me of a taller and longer Nate Robinson. I don't see anything that he couldn't vastly improve upon. His acceleration looks incredible too.

What's the knock on the kid? He reminds me of a taller and longer Nate Robinson. I don't see anything that he couldn't vastly improve upon. His acceleration looks incredible too.

Basically raw on offense. Doesnt finish well around the rim despite having good physical tools, streaky shooter, and is probably behind on PG skills you want out of a combo guard. All things I think he could realistically improve in if he is a hard worker and listens to coaches.

I don't think pure point guards are necessary anymore in the NBA. He might end up being a perfect point in Utah. Just needs to get his jumper clean.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Detroit is willing to give up on their 12th pick. Maybe we should trade up to get either Mitchell, or someone else with star potential?

He's solid, but when I see Klay Thompson and other strange comps I know it is truly draft season.

He's a more athletic Avery Bradley imo... if he develops. Very useful player.

He's solid, but when I see Klay Thompson and other strange comps I know it is truly draft season.

He's a more athletic Avery Bradley imo... if he develops. Very useful player.

He does have a really smooth and quick release. According to DX he was 90th percentile on catch and shoot opportunities.

He does have a really smooth and quick release. According to DX he was 90th percentile on catch and shoot opportunities.

Yeah I saw that... just Klay is other worldly catch and shoot and that is not the first name that comes to mind imo.

I'm in on Hood for Mitchell too, but would be really worried about how Gordon would view that deal. Maybe you do it anyway and if that is what drives Gordon out of town then I'm not sure he was coming back. The Hayward free agency may hamper our ability to make a big deal.

I've watched 3 UL games on youtube. I'm all in on trading Hood for Mitchell.

Salary wise for impending cap crunches it makes sense. I also think Hood is likely a decent, but replaceable player. If I knew he'd stay healthy I'd be inclined to keep him, but I think injuries may nag him and keep him from being a very consistent player.

I wonder if he could fall to #15... I think we could do a Diaw plus #24 for Leonard and #15. Are there non-Hood deals we could do to get the guy?

Salary wise for impending cap crunches it makes sense. I also think Hood is likely a decent, but replaceable player. If I knew he'd stay healthy I'd be inclined to keep him, but I think injuries may nag him and keep him from being a very consistent player.

Yeah, if I knew he would stay healthy I wouldn't want to trade him either, it's just aggravating especially given how poorly he shoots when he gets nagging injuries (because his shot is 99% legs).