What's new

Greg Miller I find you odd...

The facts are there.

-Under his leadership we've had the most troubled problematic unsteady year in the last 20 years.
-The HOF rock of a coach quits mid-season.
- Greg's whiny tweets to fans.
- Your greatest player of all time says he'll come in and work for free he is just waiting for a call....where the hell is he.

The facts are there.

-Under his leadership we've had the most troubled problematic unsteady year in the last 20 years.
-The HOF rock of a coach quits mid-season.
- Greg's whiny tweets to fans.
- Your greatest player of all time says he'll come in and work for free he is just waiting for a call....where the hell is he.

Oh god not this Karl Malone garbage again.

MESS WITH GREG AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

IFlaU.jpg

3ENLV.jpg

rNnBy.jpg

haha, glad to see this thread picked up.

Serious question, will the Jazz be in Utah in 10 years?

I don't think Utah residents have much to fear that the team will leave. The Millers are a rare breed--owners whose business enterprises are intimately tied to the larger community where they live. The cost benefit of a sale/allowing the team to leave would have to be seriously weighed against the negative impact it would have on their businesses, most of which seem to be consumer based (an even more slippery slope). I don't think the Miller's want to find out what their auto sales numbers would be if the team packed up for Kansas as just one example. On the flip side, their ownership of the team probably helps revenues, although I'd be curious what their bean counters thought the actual benefit was financially.

The counter example is Sacramento which is in the process of moving to Anaheim. They're owned by the Malouf Brothers who hail from Vegas money. They could care less if Sacramento cries. Most owners are probably like the Malouf's--they made their money in big business ventures, finance, real estate, and to the extent they're tied to consumer based businesses they own national chains. I think the Falcons owner owns/owned Home Depot. He could move the team from Atlanta and not look back.

Are there people here who really don't understand how absurd it is that the Jazz paid the tax the last two years? The Miller Group had to take a severe financial hit as consumer spending dropped to nothing and car sales nosedived. A typical corporation would have mercilessly sold off assets or laid off employees to protect its bottom line for stockholders. The Miller's actually invested in the Jazz from late 2008 until today.

Whatever Greg's personality flaws, a small market team increasing costs in a dire economy is a great sign.

Are there people here who really don't understand how absurd it is that the Jazz paid the tax the last two years? The Miller Group had to take a severe financial hit as consumer spending dropped to nothing and car sales nosedived. A typical corporation would have mercilessly sold off assets or laid off employees to protect its bottom line for stockholders. The Miller's actually invested in the Jazz from late 2008 until today.

Whatever Greg's personality flaws, a small market team increasing costs in a dire economy is a great sign.

Throwing money around is great; but it's meaningless without smart leadership - just look at The Knicks for the last 10 years.

haha, glad to see this thread picked up.

Serious question, will the Jazz be in Utah in 10 years?

They will be unless they get contracted out of the league along with other small-market teams.

I'd agree, if the Jazz had something real to show for it. What did they get out of all that spending? AK. Memo. In my opinion, that's just bad business. It's nice and all that they care enough to throw money at the situation, but put the money in the right place, or save it for later.

Reactions: UB
I'd agree, if the Jazz had something real to show for it. What did they get out of all that spending? AK. Memo. In my opinion, that's just bad business. It's nice and all that they care enough to throw money at the situation, but put the money in the right place, or save it for later.

Jesus christ man, you need to settle down. Your backwards Utah Mormon Republicanism is reeeeeeeeeally showing here, Mr. Smith.

Jesus christ man, you need to settle down. Your backwards Utah Mormon Republicanism is reeeeeeeeeally showing here, Mr. Smith.

*rilly

UB, I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you.

Give me a break. You obviously have no clue how LHM Enterprises treats employees. Larry couldn't give a ****ing rats *** about a single one of his employees outside of family. They have a specific employee program that thrives on using new employees and then throwing them into the trash heap. The commission structure is designed to protect LHM at all costs while bending over unsuspecting young sales people after putting stars in their eyes. "Here, try to sell this used car at a new car price. My "costs" are built in, so there's nothing left for you... unless you **** the customer over that is. Now go **** over some customers. **** them good and hard, boy, good and hard."

I don't know anything about Greg, but LHM was a scumbag of epic proportions. He's the only person's grave I'd ever consider taking a steaming pile of **** on. I'd Crack a Beer! while doing it too.

Your post above hit the nail on the head. LHM Enterprises thrives on community based sales because they screw customers over so hard that no one in their right mind would buy a second car from an LHM dealership. To make up for all the customer abuse, they have to prop the I'm-a-Good-Mormon-Look-at-Me-I-Was-Inspired-to-Create-The-Joseph-Smith-Papers-Project-I'm-Such-a-Good-Mormon-You-Know-This-Guy image. It's all ******** and just about everyone who ever had any interaction with LHM will tell you this.

If you want to stand on the outside and say it's unbecoming then go for it. But know this: You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Now that my rant is done, I don't think Greggy boy has beached the ship.

Stop bringing up the Jazz being sold or relocated. I cannot deal with this again. I've been in counseling over this since 2003 after the Starzz left to San Antonio.

Reactions: UB
Stop bringing up the Jazz being sold or relocated. I cannot deal with this again. I've been in counseling over this since 2003 after the Starzz left to San Antonio.

This was hard on me, too.