What's new

Harris and Jefferson are the guys we really wanna build around?

sepanol

2018 Prediction Contest Winner
I think that Utah Jazz is going through the toughest situation a small franchise can have in a year. We lost our coach whose name became a legend with the franchise, we lost the franchise player,Everythng seems to go down hill but i think if the management makes important decisions as rebuilding instead of retooling the team, we can even be a stronger team than we were in the last 3-4 years.

Lets admit that we were a good playoff team in the recent years but nothing more. We always lacked something which would lift us to the next level. Carlos boozer was like the gangrene arm on the team and thank god we managed to cut him to save the body. But after him, we lost korver, who was very critical to eliminate Denver last year, and this year we all see how much he contributes to chicago closing out the games. Korvers lost was affordable, if we kept matthews, or if memo was healthy, but things went really unlucky for utah this season. After all, we lost the brain and the heart, deron and sloan. It seems like retooling (o'connors approach) shouldnt be the right word for utah jazz but rebuilding.

Many people criticize o'connor, but i think he did a really good job in the trade of deron. He showed to the league that a franchise is more powerful than any player in the league, and got important pieces in the trade. (I exclude devin harris)
But from now on, if we do the right moves i think we can be an even better team this year than we were in the last couple of years

i dont believe, devin harris is the guy to build the team around. He can best case be the 4th option in a good team. And jefferson is a guy who has better numbers in teams with no target. He can be a 22 10 guy in minnesota, or todays utah. But he cant be the best option in a contender. Lets be realistic, all big guys in contenders have some faults but noone has an obvious deficiency like jefferson. He is one of the worst defenders among all big man. He is unbelievably slow when defending a pick&roll. He is just like another boozer with a better attitude.I dont even mention his huge salary. If utah gets stuck around guys like, harris jefferson, and add a guy like terrence williams or derrick williams, who could give some help but who doesnt have a superstar potential, then utah will be same as it was in the last couple of years; a good playoff team but nothing more.

If utah uses this years draft pick carefully, adding a star potential player, which there are only 3 in my mind: Irving, Kanter, Barnes, then we may have some hopes for future. And i think that, while we have so many good but not very good players, we can use them along with this years, 12th-13th draft pick and next years golden state pick to rise to top, and get 2 picks in the top 6, then we wont need to wait too long to be a contender.

Irving, Watson, Price
Hayward, Miles
Kirilenko
Millsap, Favors
Kanter, Okur

For me, this would be an amazing core, we can always fill the empty slots with players we can find in trades or free agencies but we cant find quality young players like Irving or Kanter. While we have this opportunity we should take a shot, otherwise Utah will be same utah as we were watching in the recent years, a good playoff team but nothing more

Fun post, but no one believes that the Jazz are building around Harris and Jefferson. What exactly the plan is, I'm not sure, and I feel Harris should've been flipped and Jefferson traded at the deadline. Oh well.

Carlos boozer was like the gangrene arm on the team and thank god we managed to cut him to save the body. But after him, we lost korver, who was very critical to eliminate Denver last year, and this year we all see how much he contributes to chicago closing out the games. Korvers lost was affordable, if we kept matthews, or if memo was healthy, but things went really unlucky for utah this season.

Oh Korver was so critical against Denver but not Boozer. Gotta love the delusional morons on Jazzfanz.

Obama 2012, right *******?

I will echo the comment that I don't think anybody (including the Jazz front office) believes that this team is building around Harris and Jefferson. I do however, think Jefferson could be a piece of the puzzle moving forward. In hindsight, I wish Utah would have matched the Wes Matthews offer and retained Korver. IMO, with those 2 still in place, I still would have let Booz walk, get the trade exception and snag Al Jefferson. I think that ends up being a pretty good team.

I only use that example because I think you could rebuild this team into a contender with Al Jefferson on the squad but in order for that to happen you need him playing the 4 with a strong defensive Center behind him as well as surrounding him with good perimeter shooters. Don't get me wrong, Al is not going to be your best player on a championship team but if you do want to contend, being able to get 30+ on any given night from one of your low post players is a must IMO.

Oh Korver was so critical against Denver but not Boozer. Gotta love the delusional morons on Jazzfanz.

Obama 2012, right *******?

I think I've finally figured this out. You're nothing but an autobot that automatically churns out a stupid response anytime someone leaves a post with Boozer's name in it, right? It's so Carlos to leave a self-promoting software virus behind.

I think I've finally figured this out. You're nothing but an autobot that automatically churns out a stupid response anytime someone leaves a post with Boozer's name in it, right? It's so Carlos to leave a self-promoting software virus behind.

I don't think this team has anyone to build around right now. Favors could become that. Jefferson could be a starter on a good team. Hayward looks more like a high level role player. We need someone with real star potential.

So, do you agree with him or me? In three playoff appearances, Korver was big in really only ONE game, game two at Denver last season. We would not have won that game without Boozer though. We would not have done much without Boozer, much like this season.

Just because Devin Harris is a decent player that plays PG doesn't mean we're building around him. This itself also doesn't mean it's wrong to have him as part of our rebuilding. He's a good player that could run the point for the team. No, he's not Deron. No, he's not Stockton. This doesn't mean that he's taking up a spot that would otherwise be filled by a franchise player. If we have the opportunity to get a dominate PG, awesome. With that not being the case, what's wrong with Harris? We could just as well find a franchise player at the 2, or the 3, or the 4, or 5, and yes, even the 1.

Anyway, my point being that we don't need to force it to make sure we have a top-tier PG because we would have just as good a chance at landing amazing players at any of the other positions that there's no reason to be hell-bent on a point guard when Harris is already a good player. Hypothetically, I'd rather have Devin Harris and a Manu Ginobili than a Rondo and a Raja Bell.

So, do you agree with him or me? In three playoff appearances, Korver was big in really only ONE game, game two at Denver last season. We would not have won that game without Boozer though. We would not have done much without Boozer, much like this season.

This is a completely different team. Boozer is not the main reason we are losing. Losing Mathews for nothing, Losing Memo for nothing, losing Korver for nothing, and having Deron lose interest after a great start are far bigger problems.

Hello autobot. I don't like Boozer. Does that compute?

Better question is Jefferson, Harris, Millsap, Favors, Hayward & 2 lotto picks

OR

DWill(for the rest of the season then lockout and then gone), Millsap, Jefferson, Hayward?

It's all come back to that AK contract again, hasn't it. Replace him with Matthews, Korver, and even Mo Williams or Eric Maynor, and we'd prolly be better off...

This is a completely different team. Boozer is not the main reason we are losing. Losing Mathews for nothing, Losing Memo for nothing, losing Korver for nothing, and having Deron lose interest after a great start are far bigger problems.

The start was a fluke. You still don't choose to believe it.

The limited playoff success with Boozer was a fluke. You still act like Boozer made them a contender. He did not. They were never real contender's.

Gregbroncs, you realize you are talking to a guy that wears Loozer's jock strap as a face mask when he plays baseball right?

The limited playoff success with Boozer was a fluke. You still act like Boozer made them a contender. He did not. They were never real contender's.

Let see, with Boozer we made it out of the first round three times and one WCF trip, the second we trade him we play .500 ball after a fluke start then fall out of the playoff race. Oh not to mention the one year where he missed half of the season we wound up with the eighth seed.

Now Boozer goes to Chicago and helps the Bulls improve from an 8 seed to the TOP SEED.

LOL Try and defend that. Just wait until the Bulls are in the NBA Finals, you'll still be sitting there on your rocking chair yammering on about how bad Boozer is while looking like the fool that you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why this person is allowed to continue to post on these forums when he does nothing but hijack threads to promote other teams and mock/cuss Jazz fans. I have seen people banned for a lot less than 6 months of trolling.

Jefferson can be built around, we just need to provide him with consistent shooters. He's capable of 6 having a passing game, I think he's one of us... does not trust our outside shooters. Harris being the fourth option is laughable. He's fine at any option BUT the first. It is way too early to say "we can't build around" someone. And even if we don't necessarily mean to build around one or both of them specifically, there's no reason we can't use them as bricks.

As for flukes... there are no flukes. If our team would have kept interest the whole season, and not bickered between each other(ie, Deron/Sloan), we'd still be .600 or more. It was no fluke we went to the playoffs a few times with Deron/Boozer. The Jazz earned those trips.

Let see, with Boozer we made it out of the first round three times and one WCF trip, the second we trade him we play .500 ball after a fluke start then fall out of the playoff race. Oh not to mention the one year where he missed half of the season we wound up with the eighth seed.

Now Boozer goes to Chicago and helps the Bulls improve from an 8 seed to the TOP SEED.

LOL Try and defend that. Just wait until the Bulls are in the NBA Finals, you'll still be sitting there on your rocking chair yammering on about how bad Boozer is while looking like the fool that you are. Stupid porch monkey.

Yes because in YOUR DELUSIONAL mind. All we lost was Boozer and our outstanding start was all luck(it was not). And all that Chicago added was Boozer. Here is a fact for you. We lost a lot more than Loozer. And the Bulls made a lot of other changes besides adding him. Boozer has been fully replaced by Jefferson. Somehow we have yet to replace Memo, and Mathews. If we would have had players of their ability alongside Jefferson we would be a better team than we were with Boozer. Though I still doubt we would have been a title contender.

Hell I have not watched in a while...but is Boozer even finishing games for that team yet? Or is his pathetic defense still keeping him on the bench to close games?

Fun post, but no one believes that the Jazz are building around Harris and Jefferson. What exactly the plan is, I'm not sure, and I feel Harris should've been flipped and Jefferson traded at the deadline. Oh well.

No one believes that? That are veteran posters on this board who think the Jazz are doing exactly that and that the position of the Jazz is, indeed, much closer to winning a title. I think we have at least 5 years before the word "championship" can be in the same sentence as the jazz. Furthermore, Harris will turn out to be serviceable, but nothing more. He does nothing for this team. His offense is pretty bad and his defense is even more atrocious.