What's new

Harris and Jefferson are the guys we really wanna build around?

Difficult to tell if Boozer was important or not.

We never had enough of a sample size to judge.

I mean, we could have, had he actually played in games. But unfortunately, when one misses so many games due to injury, it makes it impossible to tell how important a player is or isn't.

Just ask Chicago. Are they doing so well because of Boozer? Or is it because of Rose's play? Probably Rose, but maybe Boozer? Can't tell, since Boozer has missed most of this season (just like he did w/the Jazz).

Anyone who thinks Boozer is the reason the Bulls are so good is clueless. Switch him with Al and the Bulls are even better. If anything, Boozer will hold them back from winning a title.

I think u underestimate korver, he is the biggest clutch guy in chicago along with rose, and he was in utah as well along with deron.
Agree.
Korver was a great role-player for the Jazz. Regular season he clinched alot of wins with a dagger 3 while Deron&Booze ran the pick&roll down the stretch of close games. In the playoffs - he often struggled against the Lakers - but then again - they're pretty darn good and alot of great shooters have struggled with their wings, but he did have some big moments:

2008: swung the momentum in Game 1 against Houston, 2-point Jazz lead late in the 3rd and Korver hits back-to-back 3's to push the lead to 8 - sparking 18-5 Jazz run. Next game Korver hit the game-clinching 1-hand setshot to seal Game 2,
2010: Made what was essentially the game-winning 3 in Utah's Game 2 win in Denver, and also kept Utah in it with the Lakers in Game 3 with 23 points on 9-10 shooting and 5-5 on threes.

He couldn't guard Kobe or Artest (heck he couldn't even guard Shannon Brown) so he never played heavy minutes against LAL, but for a role-player who only averaged 22 minutes a game in his Jazz career - he was certainly a valuable role-player in Utah.

Difficult to tell if Boozer was important or not.

We never had enough of a sample size to judge.

5+ years is not big enough of a sample size for you? And Boozer never missed playoff games unlike Fragilenko and Slowkur, something which some fans around here dont seem to remember. His importance is still debatable sure, but I dont agree with the sample size issue.

5+ years is not big enough of a sample size for you? And Boozer never missed playoff games unlike Fragilenko and Slowkur, something which some fans around here dont seem to remember. His importance is still debatable sure, but I dont agree with the sample size issue.

When so many games were lost do to injury in those 5 years? Absolutely.

We have Jefferson and Millsap.

Perhaps had we seen more of Boozer then it would be obvious that we're missing him currently.

Instead, I feel like we're missing Okur, Korver, Harpring, and Matthews much more. Our outside shooting is just pathetic right now.

It seems like Favors and the new lottery picks are going to be the people the Jazz are going to build around. I think it's doable with Favors if he can gain some more consistency. You can tell that he has the skill set to be a force in this league, he just needs to put it together. If there's a season next year I can't wait to see his progression.

When so many games were lost do to injury in those 5 years? Absolutely.

Not quite.

Boozer had 3 seasons where he played 74, 81 and 78 games.

Also he never missed playoff games. And thats where a player's real worth to the team is known anyways.

Thats more than enough sample size to judge a player. And especially around here, where some people judge players based on a sample size of 15 games or so most of the times.

Your sample size argument doesnt quite cut it.