What's new

Harris and Jefferson are the guys we really wanna build around?

Which is why we need another Stockton-esque type point guard that always has a pass first mentality, and just when this point guard wants to shoot he thinks pass before he shoots, so not Deron Williams and his premadonna, selfish act. Which I see all these point guards that would be going in the lottery to be that way in Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, Brandon Knight, and etc.

In the process of that Harris plays point for us because thats who we have now to mentor the next point guard of the future, but I really think our focus this draft with two lottery picks is find elite player(s), and if we end up with #6 and #12 picks and we can somehow turn those into a top 3 pick to get one of those players. I think our front man rotation will be great if Millsap is willing to move to the bench and we move Favors to the 5, and along Evans with our energy for short 5 minutes at the ends of the 1st and 3rd quarters. For the wings we need to bring back Hayward, Miles, and a strong maybe if we can sign Kirilenko 4 mil per type of contract then we bring him back for another energy player off the bench for about 15 to 20 minutes a game depending on how productive AK is being in the game thats it for our wings that we bring back. So we need a elite player at the wing position and a point guard that can be brought along to be our point for the future.

If Millsap doesn't like the move to the bench, which he probablly won't, then we send one of lottery picks and him in a trade for an elite wing player. Draft a point guard that we can groom into the point we need that he had to earn everything instead of have everything handed to him, like all these lame point guards with a me first attitudes.

If we would have had players of their ability alongside Jefferson we would be a better team than we were with Boozer. Though I still doubt we would have been a title contender.

Funny you change your story now because before the season and even early on you were saying how much better we were. Meanwhile, my story hasn't changed. :)

Owned.

I don't understand why this person is allowed to continue to post on these forums when he does nothing but hijack threads to promote other teams and mock/cuss Jazz fans. I have seen people banned for a lot less than 6 months of trolling.

That is called reverse trolling. Someone once said that should be a bannable offense.

Let see, with Boozer we made it out of the first round three times and one WCF trip, the second we trade him we play .500 ball after a fluke start then fall out of the playoff race. Oh not to mention the one year where he missed half of the season we wound up with the eighth seed.

Now Boozer goes to Chicago and helps the Bulls improve from an 8 seed to the TOP SEED.

LOL Try and defend that. Just wait until the Bulls are in the NBA Finals, you'll still be sitting there on your rocking chair yammering on about how bad Boozer is while looking like the fool that you are. Stupid porch monkey.

They won most of their games without booz, and I think rather than booozer, Deng, Rose (this years mvp), Noah,Gibson and even bench players like Thomas,Korver, Brewer (were our guys 2 yrs ago),Omer Asik help them stay in the 1st seed. Thanks to boozer, they are not gonna be champion at all
Every player except boozer in that team make a great job in the defensive end, the opponents cant see the rim , i would suggest u to watch couple of games

Funny you change your story now because before the season and even early on you were saying how much better we were. Meanwhile, my story hasn't changed. :)

Owned.

I never changed my story. The team changed. Memo never came back, Deron quite playing the same and then was traded, Ak and Millsap have been hurt and Bell was made the starter instead of better players. I called for Bell to be the backup and get 15-20 MPG from the day he was signed. I liked the team to start the year and was anticipating a good year based on personnel. The personnel changed or did not play due to injury.

Your story never changed because you a Boozer jock sniffer and a troll. Just because it did not change does not mean that it was ever correct.

As far as title contender you still somehow believe that we were even though we never once defeated a team in the playoffs that could have been called a contender. To be a contender you have to at some point defeat another contender. We never did.

That is called reverse trolling. Someone once said that should be a bannable offense.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. Some clown designs an autobot to stir up trouble and anybody who says the program ought to be put out of commission gets banned. David Stern would be a big fan of this solution.

The Jazz need an emotional leader and an offensively capable player we can run the system around. I don't see Harris or Jefferson as playing that role, although I think Jefferson is a good second option. His numbers have definitely been top-5 among PFs in the last 20 games. Pair him with a real center and a real wing, and we're in business.

I'm interested to hear the FO's view on Harris, if they think he is a long-term fixture or a stop-gap after the D.Will trade.

Maybe not Harris, but you need a guy like Jefferson on your team because true low post scorer is hard to find. That was why Memphis, after trading away Pau Gasol, turned around and grabbed Zach Randolph. Big Al is a very good second option on a team and he is paid like that as well.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. Some clown designs an autobot to stir up trouble and anybody who says the program ought to be put out of commission gets banned. David Stern would be a big fan of this solution.

Strikes me that it would be more of a decepticon ploy.

I think Jefferson along side a Defensive Center is definitely a guy you can build around. He is a good low post scorer and with the right guys around him could be a great second option.

Harris is not in the equation IMO. He is here until his contract runs out and to teach our young draft guys some of the trick of the trade.

Jefferson, defensive center (Favors or draft pick), two three point threats on court at all time (Hayward, Miles, Fredette?)
That's how I would be building.

Fun post, but no one believes that the Jazz are building around Harris and Jefferson. What exactly the plan is, I'm not sure, and I feel Harris should've been flipped and Jefferson traded at the deadline. Oh well.

I wont argue with you about Harris, but I think AJ is a keeper. He is single handedly keeping us in these games and the most consistent player we have. I think Ty also has a long way to go. We'll see how things turn out next season and what Ty brings in terms of offense/defensive schema's, but I think that's the other problem we're facing. I didn't expect too much after losing Sloan and expected even less once we shipped the best PG in the league out.

I dont believe Greg Miller has any plan or blueprint to build a championship team. It is about making the playoffs as soon as possible so that he can limit his losses.And even that might be difficult to do for the next year if you are going to depend on a couple of underwhelming draft picks and not do any trades/FA signings worth a darn

I dont believe Greg Miller has any plan or blueprint to build a championship team. It is about making the playoffs as soon as possible so that he can limit his losses.And even that might be difficult to do for the next year if you are going to depend on a couple of underwhelming draft picks and not do any trades/FA signings worth a darn

thats what i am afraid of, lets hope it wont happen

I just want to say that Sloanfield was right. Korver was awful in the playoffs. In three season he had one good game. One.

Do you remember when he passed up on that last second open three against the Lakers? The Jazz didn't get him to pass to Memo.

Korver was awful in the playoffs. I can't say that enough. I only hope that continues for the Bulls...

I think Jefferson along side a Defensive Center is definitely a guy you can build around. He is a good low post scorer and with the right guys around him could be a great second option.

Harris is not in the equation IMO. He is here until his contract runs out and to teach our young draft guys some of the trick of the trade.

harris would make a great 3rd guard on an improved team.

I just want to say that Sloanfield was right. Korver was awful in the playoffs. In three season he had one good game. One.

Do you remember when he passed up on that last second open three against the Lakers? The Jazz didn't get him to pass to Memo.

Korver was awful in the playoffs. I can't say that enough. I only hope that continues for the Bulls...

I think u underestimate korver, he is the biggest clutch guy in chicago along with rose, and he was in utah as well along with deron. Remember when he was traded from philadelphia how many games we closed out just giving him the ball and letting others foul on him. If memo wasnt injured whole year we could somehow cover his absence, but right now we are looking at the hands of raja bell or inconsistent cj miles to make the 3s.