What's new

Hayward Finally doing well with a game winning performance against T-Wolves

5 points on 1-1 shooting is doing well?

Jeez, where are your expectations for the #9 draft pick.

Hell, are we going to organize a parade if he ever *gasp* makes 2 shots in game?

Jeez people.... I'm all for giving him more time. But I would refrain from calling his play against a terrible team in 12 minutes as "well."

Maybe better? But far from well. This isn't exactly the #55 draft pick we're talking about, but the #9. Forgive me when I believe that the #9 draft pick should be able to score more than 5 points in a single game.

Sometimes I think Jazz fans are so desperate for things to talk about that they start worthless threads like these.

I for one want to see a lot more out of Hayward, against better competition, and for an extended period of time. I would hold off on the championship parade for a little bit longer before I'd delcare Hayward MVP of the league.

At least he's getting some PT and hasn't been hurt yet unlike some others taken after him.

I for one want to see a lot more out of Hayward, against better competition, and for an extended period of time. I would hold off on the championship parade for a little bit longer before I'd delcare Hayward MVP of the league.

playing well does not equal MVP of the league.

nobody ever said he's going to be an MVP, we're just saying, compared to the recent struggles that he's had, he's finally doing better.

What's wrong with this stat line in 12 min: 5 pts, 3 assists, 3 rebounds - double the minutes and you have 10 pts, 6 assists, 6 rebounds - I'd take that for a 9th pick rookie who's only 20.

if playing 'well' in your vocab means playing at an MVP level, then 95% of the NBA would suck big time!

Write is wrong. No one here is claiming him to be an all star from his 12 minutes +17 performance. We are fans so of course we are optimistic when our lottery pick has a decent game. Leave is to a sociopath to create a web of nonsense to support whatever agenda he has.

Not so fast Box, this is JazzFanz... bad and sad prevails, jazz kool-aid is in short supply.

God damn, O Gatino at his worst. You are seriously pathetic with your hyperbole. Merry xmas

5 points on 1-1 shooting is doing well?

Jeez, where are your expectations for the #9 draft pick.

Hell, are we going to organize a parade if he ever *gasp* makes 2 shots in game?

Jeez people.... I'm all for giving him more time. But I would refrain from calling his play against a terrible team in 12 minutes as "well."

Maybe better? But far from well. This isn't exactly the #55 draft pick we're talking about, but the #9. Forgive me when I believe that the #9 draft pick should be able to score more than 5 points in a single game.

Sometimes I think Jazz fans are so desperate for things to talk about that they start worthless threads like these.

He also had three rebounds and three assists with no turnovers in those 12 minutes. Dude can ball. He seems to be strong in the open court, can pass, rebound, play some decent d, and is fairly creative on the offensive end. His confidence will grow and I think honz is right, early or not, dude should be considered for ROY.

thriller did you watch the game?

sure 5 points on 1-1 shooting isnt much ooh wait its 5 points per attemped field goal.

but still only 5 points but it was more baout him not making mistakes and playing good defense. and had 3 crucial entry passes. passes that deron at times has trouble with

Oh can't wait for the next thread dedicated to Hayward's wellness when he scores 6 points in yet another game-winning performance against a .200 team.

Again, I'll repeat.

How far have our expectations fallen?

I'm a little confused by what you Expected then Thriller. Looking at who was still on the board, who would you have taken that is better? You can only take what is there and for what is there Hayward is performing like I would expect a 20 year old rookie to perform when he is give very little time on the floor.

I'm a little confused by what you Expected then Thriller. Looking at who was still on the board, who would you have taken that is better? You can only take what is there and for what is there Hayward is performing like I would expect a 20 year old rookie to perform when he is give very little time on the floor.

You seek to argue when I don't.

This draft wasn't all that great.

But the point still remains, he was a #9 pick and some of you are talking about him playing "well" with 5 points on one shot.

Again, it's amazing how far our expectations have dropped. Did he play better in this game than the previous ones when he started and looked like a D-league player? Obviously. So perhaps the title should be, "Hayward playing better aka not sucktastic." But playing well is subjective. I for one have higher expectations. Not much higher. But higher. Playing well for me would entail averaging 8-12 points per game, grabbing a few boards, and shooting above 41% from the field.

Scoring 5 points against the Twolves isn't playing well to me. Don't care who or what you are. Sorry.

He also had three rebounds and three assists with no turnovers in those 12 minutes. Dude can ball. He seems to be strong in the open court, can pass, rebound, play some decent d, and is fairly creative on the offensive end. His confidence will grow and I think honz is right, early or not, dude should be considered for ROY.

I couldn't agree more. Other than the point that he can ball. That fact remains to be proven. It's early and he's sucked this year. Did he play better against the Wolves? Sure. But so did AK and the majority of our team. Lets see what Hayward does over the course of this season. I'll refrain from calling his play "good" or describe him "playing well" until he does more, for a longer period of time, against better competition. Sound fair?

More than his points, I thought he played in general fairly well in a critical quarter when the team was down. He didn't do anything to hurt the team and was a nice little cog in the machine that beat the TWolves in the 4th.

Much, much better than his previous starts when Bell was hurt, where most times he was downright dreadful out there.

You seek to argue when I don't.

This draft wasn't all that great.

But the point still remains, he was a #9 pick and some of you are talking about him playing "well" with 5 points on one shot.

Again, it's amazing how far our expectations have dropped. Did he play better in this game than the previous ones when he started and looked like a D-league player? Obviously. So perhaps the title should be, "Hayward playing better aka not sucktastic." But playing well is subjective. I for one have higher expectations. Not much higher. But higher. Playing well for me would entail averaging 8-12 points per game, grabbing a few boards, and shooting above 41% from the field.

Scoring 5 points against the Twolves isn't playing well to me. Don't care who or what you are. Sorry.

I wasn't trying to argue with you but your wording and meaning were much stronger in the post that I quoted compared to this one. I do think that 8-12 points is being a little unrealistic with him playing on average 5-6 min a game. Thats a Basket every minute on the floor. I don't even expect that from our all star. 5 points in 12 min with 3 boards and 3 assists with no TO's. I don't expect much more than that from any rookie.

So while I agree that he has struggled and played like Crap when starting for bell I well take the production that he gave the Jazz in this game any day of the week.

I'll refrain from calling his play "good" or describe him "playing well" until he does more, for a longer period of time, against better competition. Sound fair?
Yes this sounds fair. As long as you give him the same "time" on the other side to suck. 20 year old rookie that isn't seeing a ton of playing time remember.

I really think Hayward should play coming off the bench. The bad thing about him playing with the starters is that I think he thinks he shouldnt even shoot the ball when he is out there. I think if he came in with the 2nd unit he would be looser and he be able to play more of "his" game.