What's new

Hayward Finally doing well with a game winning performance against T-Wolves

5 points on 1-1 shooting is doing well?

Jeez, where are your expectations for the #9 draft pick.

Hell, are we going to organize a parade if he ever *gasp* makes 2 shots in game?

Jeez people.... I'm all for giving him more time. But I would refrain from calling his play against a terrible team in 12 minutes as "well."

Maybe better? But far from well. This isn't exactly the #55 draft pick we're talking about, but the #9. Forgive me when I believe that the #9 draft pick should be able to score more than 5 points in a single game.

Sometimes I think Jazz fans are so desperate for things to talk about that they start worthless threads like these.

Exactly. The excitement here over that performance only shows how little he has done otherwise. For a #9, he's not showing much. Needs to go to the D-League and get his shot going.

Adding to Hayward's woes, Wes Mathews set the bar a bit higher for rookies (even undrafted ones) last year. Would be tough to top that.

In the last 10+ years I can remember only Deron, AK, Millsap and Mathews as having some kind of an impact in the rookie season

As an avid hater of the Hayward pick, (I'm so f'ing pissed that I can't use a spoonerism for him... I blame Katie) I have to say that I'm a converted fan. I even picked up a Hayward jersey for Christmas. Sure, he sucks, but you can just tell he has 'it'. It'll come, just chill.

As an avid hater of the Hayward pick, (I'm so f'ing pissed that I can't use a spoonerism for him... I blame Katie) I have to say that I'm a converted fan. I even picked up a Hayward jersey for Christmas. Sure, he sucks, but you can just tell he has 'it'. It'll come, just chill.

Rich.

Hayward doesn't know when he has the green light to shoot yet. He doesn't want to try to be a scorer because he doesn't want to play out of the system and get yanked off the court.

He'll be great next season.

My thought is, we're losing, he's not doing anything, and both CJ and AK are on the bench. What is Jerry thinking? I guess this was one game Jerry didn't care that much about winning. Heck, I would rather have Watson in there than Hayward.

My thought is, we're losing, he's not doing anything, and both CJ and AK are on the bench. What is Jerry thinking? I guess this was one game Jerry didn't care that much about winning. Heck, I would rather have Watson in there than Hayward.

I thought you quit. Do I need to dig up that absurd tater-esque bitch made post declaring us all meanies and jerks?

I'm serious.

I feel like if this kid really had "it" he would've come out and knocked some heads off of shoulders, so to speak. His first chance at a rotation spot since the beginning of the year, coming off of a nice game and some rest, he should've been primed to do something. Instead, he shot more shots than usual, and made as many as usual (0). God damn it.