What's new

Hayward has 34.5 inch vertical!

Yeah, well... Jeremy Evans has a 40 inch vertical.... TAKE THAT, Jazz Fanz forum!

seth_boom.jpg

Who cares what his vertical is? He's white.

If this truly is the case, then Jazz fans are racist.

If Jazz fans are racist, then why have Andrew Bogut and Chris Kaman been the most sought after players in trades? Seriously, over the past few years I've read blogs, forums, newspapers, etc and these two players have been the most desired of any in trades.

If Jazz fans are racist, then why did they want JJ Redick in the draft?

If Jazz fans are racist, then it's somehow contradictory that they favor losing Kyle Korver over Wes Matthews.

I just don't see the racism that so many people are talking about here.

Thriller, for someone with so much "supposed" evidence at his fingertips, I saw a lot more opinion and a lot less fact in your post. You talk it up big to give yourself credibility, but you did the same thing you accused me of, namely hand picking the comparisons you wanted to make (in order to make your case). You talk about his weight, height, and bodyfat??? First, weight is an issue for almost every draft pick. Second, you think 6 ft 7 to 6 ft 8 won't work in the NBA??? News flash, he's the same height almost exactly as Paul Milsap. And lastly, his body fat is not bad. Not superior, but not a liability either. Like the weight issue, most draft prospects need to lower their body fat some.

I only read until here, because I need to get to some 4th of July celebrations, but I think you need to reread my posts. Picking and choosing favorable stats, websites, or player comparisons isn't what I tried to do. Though I'm far from perfect, I think if you reread my stats you can see that I made a legit attempt in comparing Hayward with other comparable guards of his position, size, and draft position. Just because you're upset that Henry and Babbit had better measurements and combine results doesn't mean that I'm being biased against your boy.

Weight isn't something that is an issue for almost every draft pick. Where's your proof in that? Such a valid argument must have several articles discussing this issue. Goodluck finding them...

Secondly, you talked about Paul Millsap's height, Paul Millsap has an insane wingspan, several inches more than Hayward. So... I guess there goes your comparison and point there.

Thirdly, though body fat isn't necessarily a real important stat, I do think it contributes to many fans' opinions that both Babbit and Henry were superior athletes.

I need to go!

...in the NBA, when he's surrounded by superior athletes, you really have to have a consistent tool. hayward doesn't have that. spotty shooter, no real penetration moves....
no double-entendre intended, I'm sure...
so what are you really trying to say here?

sorry, that was just too obvious.

At any rate, this could be a really interesting discussion starting about 3 PM today. Ya'll watch the game, then post your thoughts, OK?

Yeah, well... Jeremy Evans has a 40 inch vertical.... TAKE THAT, Jazz Fanz forum!

Jeremy Evans will be better than Hayward. You heard it here first.

David Locke calls Hayward an elite ballhandler and passer. Pretty impressive for a guy who averaged a whopping 2 assists and more turnovers than assists. But that isn't so much a knock on Hayward as it is pointing out the fact that Locke is an embarrassment.

And certainly don't create threads trying to convince others of Hayward's athletic ability when quite honestly, it's a huge liability.

Ya don't need to go lookin at some stopwatch on a given day to know that a state-champ caliber tennis player couldn't possibly have no lateral quickness, know what I'm sayin?

Ya don't need to go lookin at some stopwatch on a given day to know that a state-champ caliber tennis player couldn't possibly have no lateral quickness, know what I'm sayin?

That was back in high school before he reached his insane growth spurt and gave up Tennis in favor of basketball, I think.

i won't get to WATCH until tonight, but if the box score and blogs are any indication, hayward's 34.5" vertical isn't dominating the summer league.

is anybody watching live? is he just being way passive (1 FGA, 0 ast) or what?

i won't get to WATCH until tonight, but if the box score and blogs are any indication, hayward's 34.5" vertical isn't dominating the summer league.

is anybody watching live? is he just being way passive (1 FGA, 0 ast) or what?

yep, he was a bit passive in the game, didnt really try to find his shot even if there were a few instances he could have. made some good passes and hustle plays in the end. Got 5 rebounds i think and he definitely showed and made use of his vertical to get these

yep, he was a bit passive in the game, didnt really try to find his shot even if there were a few instances he could have. made some good passes and hustle plays in the end. Got 5 rebounds i think and he definitely showed and made use of his vertical to get these

I dont think Hayward is ever going to put up crazy numbers in Summer League, he seems more interested in sharing the ball than getting stats.

I dont think Hayward is ever going to put up crazy numbers in Summer League, he seems more interested in sharing the ball than getting stats.

Sure, I will be delighted to go "re-read" your posts as you suggest, since you admitted you only read 1 paragraph of mine. Are you really that full of yourself? Remember, you don't actually get paid to do this! At any rate, I've read ALL your posts, so how about when you read the rest of my 1 POST, then you get back to me. In it I compared just as many players as you did in your 20 previous posts, just a lot more succinctly. I gave just as many examples (by the #'s) that support my theory as you did. And in fact, I even surprised myself at how favorable his measurements and athleticism compared (hand size, agility, sprint, etc.) when I looked a little deeper. So THANK YOU for encouraging me to do that.

IF you ask me, here's what I think happened...you read my entire post (though you say you didn't), realized I gave a pretty good rebuttal, then blamed not reading the rest on having to go because of the Holiday. I mean, cmon seriously, you couldn've read my post in under a minute. When you're done with the Holiday, let's see if you have time, or if you're man enough to come back and address the substance of what I said. If not, not worth my time anyway. As opposed to you, I really don't have time to post, except for on weekends or Holidays.

By the way, the one paragraph you chose to comment on was simply a quick rebuttal to your silly point about height, weight, and body fat. I don't disagree with anyone who says wingspan is just as important as height or jumping ability, but you're the one that brought those other measurements up. Keep in mind P Milsap is a 4 who is more likely to slide to the 5 than the 3 in today's NBA. Hayward doesn't need to have as long a wingspan because he's not guarding 4s and 5s. He'll be guarding 2 guards and the occasional 3. You have no case anyway, because Evan Turner has the same wingspan as Hayward and last I checked Turner was selected pretty high in the Draft. When is a nearly 6 foot 8 wingspan ever truly a problem in the NBA, seriously? (unless you're playing Center). Maybe that's why none of the "experts" (who actually get paid to scout) think Hayward was a bad pick. Yeah he might have gone 2 or 3 spots too high, but it was close enough to justify the pick.

Thanks for playing. Look forward to your rebuttal.

I only read until here, because I need to get to some 4th of July celebrations, but I think you need to reread my posts. Picking and choosing favorable stats, websites, or player comparisons isn't what I tried to do. Though I'm far from perfect, I think if you reread my stats you can see that I made a legit attempt in comparing Hayward with other comparable guards of his position, size, and draft position. Just because you're upset that Henry and Babbit had better measurements and combine results doesn't mean that I'm being biased against your boy.

Weight isn't something that is an issue for almost every draft pick. Where's your proof in that? Such a valid argument must have several articles discussing this issue. Goodluck finding them...

Secondly, you talked about Paul Millsap's height, Paul Millsap has an insane wingspan, several inches more than Hayward. So... I guess there goes your comparison and point there.

Thirdly, though body fat isn't necessarily a real important stat, I do think it contributes to many fans' opinions that both Babbit and Henry were superior athletes.

I need to go!

Yo Thriller...that last post of mine I meant to address to you. But in case you don't see it, here it is again:

"Sure, I will be delighted to go "re-read" your posts as you suggest, since you admitted you only read 1 paragraph of mine. Are you really that full of yourself? Remember, you don't actually get paid to do this! At any rate, I've read ALL your posts, so how about when you read the rest of my 1 POST, then you get back to me. In it I compared just as many players as you did in your 20 previous posts, just a lot more succinctly. I gave just as many examples (by the #'s) that support my theory as you did. And in fact, I even surprised myself at how favorable his measurements and athleticism compared (hand size, agility, sprint, etc.) when I looked a little deeper. So THANK YOU for encouraging me to do that.

IF you ask me, here's what I think happened...you read my entire post (though you say you didn't), realized I gave a pretty good rebuttal, then blamed not reading the rest on having to go because of the Holiday. I mean, cmon seriously, you couldn've read my post in under a minute. When you're done with the Holiday, let's see if you have time, or if you're man enough to come back and address the substance of what I said. If not, not worth my time anyway. As opposed to you, I really don't have time to post, except for on weekends or Holidays.

By the way, the one paragraph you chose to comment on was simply a quick rebuttal to your silly point about height, weight, and body fat. I don't disagree with anyone who says wingspan is just as important as height or jumping ability, but you're the one that brought those other measurements up. Keep in mind P Milsap is a 4 who is more likely to slide to the 5 than the 3 in today's NBA. Hayward doesn't need to have as long a wingspan because he's not guarding 4s and 5s. He'll be guarding 2 guards and the occasional 3. You have no case anyway, because Evan Turner has the same wingspan as Hayward and last I checked Turner was selected pretty high in the Draft. When is a nearly 6 foot 8 wingspan ever truly a problem in the NBA, seriously? (unless you're playing Center). Maybe that's why none of the "experts" (who actually get paid to scout) think Hayward was a bad pick. Yeah he might have gone 2 or 3 spots too high, but it was close enough to justify the pick.

Thanks for playing. Look forward to your rebuttal."