What's new

Hayward's Woes

I feel bad for him, the injury was horrific and no one deserves that said.

That said, I feel bad about the injury because he would've been exposed as mentally weak and a product of the entire system
being built around him to succeed, and the injury obscures that.

That also said, if he gets back to 80%, I'd strongly consider bringing him back because he's still perfect for what
we need, more than Harris, Porter, and a lot of guys talked about. He wouldn't feel the pressure of being the alpha dog
with Rudy and Donovan around. I forgive and forget pretty easily, and if he performed well most of us would too. Plus come on,
what a storyline.
I'd consider bringing him back at veterans minimum, that would be amusing.

He's lucky he's got an injury to blame, because he was always a pretty terrible fit on that team. Even if he's heathy I don't see a way he ever was going to average more than 16 PPG on that team, which is a massive overpay.

He's lucky he's got an injury to blame, because he was always a pretty terrible fit on that team. Even if he's heathy I don't see a way he ever was going to average more than 16 PPG on that team, which is a massive overpay.

Someone mentioned that how come Boogie's been back for 15 minutes and looks like he is still very close to an all-star and Hayward still sucks sooooo bad.

If you remove the two big games he had against the wolves... His averages are g league ****.

It is not all physical at this point. Dude doesn't fit that group and its awkward.

This is what Boston gets... you tamper with another team's free agent, tell a tiny guy to gut out a playoff series, trade the tiny guy when he is broken so that you don't have to pay him... karma comes for you. Now they in this dance where Kyrie may leave... to get the guy they really want they have to move kyrie... this could end so poorly for them.

This is what Boston gets... you tamper with another team's free agent, tell a tiny guy to gut out a playoff series, trade the tiny guy when he is broken so that you don't have to pay him... karma comes for you. Now they in this dance where Kyrie may leave... to get the guy they really want they have to move kyrie... this could end so poorly for them.
Couldn't happen to a more appropriate guy than Ainge, the prick.

And we all know what a heartless bastard Ainge -- didn't he trade Crowder the day his mother died, and you know IT was dealing with the tragic death of his sister. Cold-blooded bastard Ainge should get what's coming to him.

It's Hayward woes too. He would have got his Max here too and he knows. Difference is it would have been a bigger Max and he would be have a better role and be a better player. And the fans would have loved him to death
He ****ed up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I agree with you. Especially with his personality seemed a better fit to stay.

Still feels to me that something happened during his 1st contract negotiation, maybe even with Gail(no phone call) , that he could not get over.

Regardless, hind sight being 20/20 he actually may have been better staying

I feel sorry for Hayward because of the injury. I don't feel sorry for Boston, and don't care if Hayward's play improves or not.

He was completely useless against the Warriors. If he would have delivered a Niang level of production they would have won the game.

Celtics Woes, not Hayward Woes.

GH got his Max 4/128 deal and he still gets paid. Now his next contract may dip a bit but if he follows PG13 path, who, by the way also sucked *** his first year back, he will be fine.

What sucks for Celtics, assuming Hayward is mostly back **next year**, is he can opt out after next year.....

A bloke struggling to average ten points a game and getting paid 30 million a year isn't going to opt out of that contract. Best case scenario he has a career year next year, the Celtics will have paid him 90 million for one decent season, leaving after that would be the act of a complete arsehole. So its possible then...

I agree with you. Especially with his personality seemed a better fit to stay.

Still feels to me that something happened during his 1st contract negotiation, maybe even with Gail(no phone call) , that he could not get over.

Regardless, hind sight being 20/20 he actually may have been better staying

It's still weird how he never got over that. Zach Lowe brought it up on his podcast today that Hayward never got over it. I think people are looking at that negotiation with a lot of hindsight bias though and act like the Jazz ****ed over Hayward who was a no-brainer max guy. Hayward averaged like 16/5/5 on 41/30/82 splits...on a 25 win team...and wasn't good at defense yet. After Utah matched, people were talking about how it was the worst contract in the league and how Charlotte dodged a bullet and got Lance Stephenson for less money.

Lowe also said he wouldn't be surprised if Hayward was in a New Orleans Pelicans jersey next year because he's someone the Pelis could talk themselves into as a possible allstar. They're gonna be desperate because they're a relocation candidate if push comes to shove.

Too bad his play is so bad. Ainge could have used him to trade for Anthony Davis. Ainge is going to lose Kyrie next. Talk about a swing and a miss.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I literally feel nothing towards him. I went from wanting to father his children to absolutely loathing him. Now? Nothing. It's kind of odd.
When the news came that he wasn’t re-upping, I was indifferent with it, I was shocked that I just didn’t care.

I forgive and forget pretty easily
I don’t, but surprisingly I did forgive and forget with Hayward, probably has something to do with Mitchell
It's Hayward woes too. He would have got his Max here too and he knows. Difference is it would have been a bigger Max and he would be have a better role and be a better player. And the fans would have loved him to death
He ****ed up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Plus, he probably doesn’t get a season ending injury.

Lol, whatever. He would’ve been better off not being injured. Had he played he’d be much better this year and the young players would be behind him this year.