What's new

Hayward's Woes

It's still weird how he never got over that. Zach Lowe brought it up on his podcast today that Hayward never got over it. I think people are looking at that negotiation with a lot of hindsight bias though and act like the Jazz ****ed over Hayward who was a no-brainer max guy. Hayward averaged like 16/5/5 on 41/30/82 splits...on a 25 win team...and wasn't good at defense yet. After Utah matched, people were talking about how it was the worst contract in the league and how Charlotte dodged a bullet and got Lance Stephenson for less money.

Lowe also said he wouldn't be surprised if Hayward was in a New Orleans Pelicans jersey next year because he's someone the Pelis could talk themselves into as a possible allstar. They're gonna be desperate because they're a relocation candidate if push comes to shove.

Interesting. Remember Hayward was recruited by IT who seemed to mesh better with Hayward. Kyrie, as talented as he is brings nothing but drama to the celtics which is funny because that is why he left Lebron was due to the drama.

At the end of the day it is all a business that is why I would not be surprised if Ainge deals Hayward, only issue is at this minute he has 0 value. Maybe by this time next year but that turns into a 4 month rental

Hayward had two obstacles this year.

1. Overcoming the injury mentally and physically.

2. The young guys got extra opportunities to play and get better thanks to the injury. In many ways this put Hayward behind in the pecking order in the landscape of the team. Hard to find your place while trying to overcome the #1 obstacle while also being a little socially inept. Never big in the community, and doesn’t have that dog mentality

Too bad his play is so bad. Ainge could have used him to trade for Anthony Davis. Ainge is going to lose Kyrie next. Talk about a swing and a miss.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Funny thing is, he could’ve traded for one of PG or Butler fairly easy but didn’t. All because he wouldn’t trade Brown.

Hayward had two obstacles this year.

1. Overcoming the injury mentally and physically.

2. The young guys got extra opportunities to play and get better thanks to the injury. In many ways this put Hayward behind in the pecking order in the landscape of the team. Hard to find your place while trying to overcome the #1 obstacle while also being a little socially inept. Never big in the community, and doesn’t have that dog mentality

Agreed. Which in all seriousness I did not think he had the balls to leave the Jazz. Boston market is nasty. I was in Boston on a business trip 5 years ago or so when KC shredded them on either Sun/Mon night football. Next day sports radio wanted Belichech gone, Brady was done......

Celtics are a Sop opera right now
- Kyrie calling out younger players constantly
- Many "team" only meetings which are never good
- Hayward Saga
- Rozier and Brown needing stats to get a contract
- Let's just say they do not play team ball

It's still weird how he never got over that. Zach Lowe brought it up on his podcast today that Hayward never got over it. I think people are looking at that negotiation with a lot of hindsight bias though and act like the Jazz ****ed over Hayward who was a no-brainer max guy. Hayward averaged like 16/5/5 on 41/30/82 splits...on a 25 win team...and wasn't good at defense yet. After Utah matched, people were talking about how it was the worst contract in the league and how Charlotte dodged a bullet and got Lance Stephenson for less money.

Lowe also said he wouldn't be surprised if Hayward was in a New Orleans Pelicans jersey next year because he's someone the Pelis could talk themselves into as a possible allstar. They're gonna be desperate because they're a relocation candidate if push comes to shove.
If the Pels trade AD and think that Gordon is going save them, they deserve to relocate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

I never thought he was a max guy. He had one good year and the Celtics threw max money at him. I’m glad he left. I don’t think DM is who he is if Hayward were still here. Boston is seeing the false gold that I always believed he truly was. I was never a hater of his game. But I never saw him as top player in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Tonight Kyrie was out. I thought this might be a chance for Hayward to have a break out game.

He played 21 minutes and was 1-6 for 2 points lol
Baynes also played 21 minutes off the bench and scored 16 points.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hayward is a hot mess right now. Plus his teammates won't pass him the ball much. There were literally 3 times he back-cut and was wide open, as in the defender lapsed, and they don't give him the ball. C's have MAJOR chemistry issues.

1st time Brad Stevens supposedly has a lot of talent and he cannot coach it. He always does well as the underdog.....

Hayward is a hot mess right now. Plus his teammates won't pass him the ball much. There were literally 3 times he back-cut and was wide open, as in the defender lapsed, and they don't give him the ball. C's have MAJOR chemistry issues.

1st time Brad Stevens supposedly has a lot of talent and he cannot coach it. He always does well as the underdog.....
So do you take back all those things you said?

So do you take back all those things you said?

I've slept since then so not sure what you are referring to..

As to Hayward here are my thoughts.

1. Strange dude, introvert, very hard worker. LOVE his game.
2. Excels at Personal branding. I never thought he would get 2 Max contracts, ever
3. Love his play, wish he didn't tolerate getting punked by Baraetta and West.
4. I do not fault him for leaving Jazz. It is a business and he worked very hard for the Jazz. Few players get courted like he did and he enjoyed the process. For him that may be the only time in his career. It was awkward and he cost the Jazz about 3-4 hours because of his branding crap.
5. Still didn't think he had the balls to leave BUT since it is a business he has to take the consequences if he gets traded this summer for AD as is rumored (assuming he picks it up by playoffs)
6. I actually am NOT a fan of his branding crap and my personal theory is that is why he is not bonding with Celtics. In his min-series when he said he was pissed they were winning without him. Cool to think it, dumb as hell to say it.

Now, if I am Hayward because his 1st 2 years with C's are most likely a bust, IF he is smart he will opt out after year 3 and offer a huge discount to get more years in the league but, back to the business thing he may not get that chance.

I do not feel sorry for ANY NBA player, they are so Rich, none of them can relate to normal people. Some are cooler than others, but relate, no way....

I like the fact that he is now becoming the biggest obstacle between Boston and AD.

Last edited:
That’s just dumb!! AD to the C’s solves a lot of issues the jazz would otherwise have if he went west to the Lakers or another contending western team.
Or he can just go to Knicks or Nets. Would've equally solved the problem for us. Celtics can go f** themselves with Hayward.

Or he can just go to Knicks or Nets. Would've equally solved the problem for us. Celtics can go f** themselves with Hayward.
I don’t care where he goes as long as AD doesn’t go to the Lakers. The fact that you’re still butt hurt about Hayward shows your true mental age.

Lmao, of course he would be. He’s a natural #1 alfa where Hayward is a natural supporter star to the #1 Star. On offense. Do the math.

Damn!! He said that?

No he wouldn’t. If Hayward is still here the offense goes through him and not Mitchell. Hayward signing with Boston made an opening for DM