What's new

Hayward's Woes

what's an alfa ??
s-l225.jpg

Both. It's no surprise he's struggling after that injury, but I also think he's overpaid (not so sure about overrated, at least not now...).

Celtics Woes, not Hayward Woes.

GH got his Max 4/128 deal and he still gets paid. Now his next contract may dip a bit but if he follows PG13 path, who, by the way also sucked *** his first year back, he will be fine.

What sucks for Celtics, assuming Hayward is mostly back **next year**, is he can opt out after next year.....
Having Hayward occupy a MAX salary spot and anchoring the Celtics during a significant window of theirs is the most satisfying thing of all of this.

Both. It's no surprise he's struggling after that injury, but I also think he's overpaid (not so sure about overrated, at least not now...).

This.
No way is he this bad if he would have never got hurt. But no way would he be worth his contract either

He’s overpaid now or even if he did not have the injury?
Overpaid regardless IMHO. He's the 6th best paid player in the league, but he's not the 6th best player. Still, for a team like the Jazz, that's probably what you have to do to keep your all-star calibre players.

Bummer for Hayward and the Celtics. I was pretty intrigued by how good they could be this year, but Hayward not being Hayward keeps them from being a championship team. Hope he gets back to his old form, but on New Orleans with Jrue/Randle/Brown core.

Overpaid regardless IMHO. He's the 6th best paid player in the league, but he's not the 6th best player. Still, for a team like the Jazz, that's probably what you have to do to keep your all-star calibre players.
That's not how it works.

And we all know what a heartless bastard Ainge -- didn't he trade Crowder the day his mother died, and you know IT was dealing with the tragic death of his sister. Cold-blooded bastard Ainge should get what's coming to him.

You acting like Ainge fired them and made them lose money. Being traded is part of the NBA. If you don't want yo be traded, take a pay cut to get a no trade clause or get a trade kicker so your less attractive in a trade.

I never thought he was a max guy. He had one good year and the Celtics threw max money at him. I’m glad he left. I don’t think DM is who he is if Hayward were still here. Boston is seeing the false gold that I always believed he truly was. I was never a hater of his game. But I never saw him as top player in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

None of that makes sense. Many guards had career years next to Hayward. None of those guys where volume shooters like Mitchell, but its not like Hayward hogged the ball or took a ton of shots. Paul George still manages to put up ridiculous stats next to Westbrook, so I don't see why Mitchell couldn't do so with Hayward.

The fact is the Jazz would be really ****ing good if Hayward stayed.

Question: do you think that Hayward's difficulties are due to the injury or do you consider him an overrated player?
Its obviously the injury, though the adjustment to all new teammates, role, and system has probably slowed his improvement timeline.

He was never overrated at all. He was always underrated. He was probably over discussed after the injury, but people love a possible redemption story.

Its obviously the injury, though the adjustment to all new teammates, role, and system has probably slowed his improvement timeline.

He was never overrated at all. He was always underrated. He was probably over discussed after the injury, but people love a possible redemption story.

He's underrated? So he deserves more than a max deal?

Hayward will never be as good for The Celtics as he was his all-star year in Utah and he's not as bad as he's playing right now - his value is somewhere between those two points. What that exact value is we don't know yet; but I can guarantee you that value is not commensurate with being the 6th highest paid player in the NBA - not even ****ing close.

He's underrated? So he deserves more than a max deal?

Hayward will never be as good for The Celtics as he was his all-star year in Utah and he's not as bad as he's playing right now - his value is somewhere between those two points. What that exact value is we don't know yet; but I can guarantee you that value is not commensurate with being the 6th highest paid player in the NBA - not even ****ing close.
Again, that's not how contracts work and everyone here should be smart enough to realize that.

Hayward was never as good as some on here made him out to be. All things considered, Hayward was worth a max with us because we don't attract max type players but he wasn't worth the max with Boston because they do.

Even at his best, he wasn't as good as Tatum was last postseason. At his normal, Hayward is Jalen Brown without Brown's upside. Boston was short sighted to sign Hayward. His contract will end up ruining what could have been a dynasty for Boston.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app