What's new

HC candidates

I would love Mark Jackson but the problem is he is really not liked around here at all. I was a little young when this happened but when he played for us he tried turning the locker room against Stockton and successfully did so with a few guys. Tony Jones also said there is zero chance he gets it so there is that as well. I would love him though it’s really a shame.
I remember that incident, I believe they got rid of him shortly thereafter. Since all are no longer associated with the Jazz, do you think they would welcome him back?

To the comments that skin color should not matter, if people of all races had been treated equally throughout time, including within the NBA, then I would 100% agree with this sentiment. But the fact that racial discrimination has been and continues to be present throughout this country, including in hiring practices for positions of power, racial identity absolutely matters, including to the players in this league.

The insinuation that a team would intentionally hire a less qualified candidate for optics is a logical fallacy and common baiting tactic that doesn't reflect the current reality at all. There is not going to be one white candidate who is truly superior to all others but is passed up because of race. There will be multiple candidates of similar qualification to choose from and assuming there are persons of color that make the short list I very much hope the Jazz will factor the chance to be part of progressive change into their decision making.

I struggle with the thought that he can control the locker room, I think we really need someone to do that right now.

Dudes probably the worst coach that's been in the league in the last decade. The kings have have been awful, truly awful.

I struggle to believe he dresses himself.

Serious suggestion, Brett Brown is out of a job, been through a rebuild in Philly, if we blow thing up (Which we should) Brown has been there before. He's also a winning coach.

Serious suggestion, Brett Brown is out of a job, been through a rebuild in Philly, if we blow thing up (Which we should) Brown has been there before. He's also a winning coach.
I beat you by a minute in the “who is the next head coach” thread:p

I guess you saw what he could do in the NBL!

When what would make the "best coach" for this team could potentially be to hire a black person then that might be a criteria.

First, there are probably several dozen, if not far more, people who would be qualified to be an NBA head coach, so there is some room to make a selection that serves multiple purposes.

If the players are likely to respond better to a black head coach then that would be a factor in who would be the best possible head coach.

I have no idea if that's true and sure, to a certain extent you need to tell the players to deal with it and hire the person the FO considers to be the best choice, but that doesn't seem to be the way of the modern NBA.

I beat you by a minute in the “who is the next head coach” thread:p

I guess you saw what he could do in the NBL!

He coached in the NBL????

Hehehe

Brett's a fine coach and available, I skimmed Tony Jones' article in the Athletic last night, wasn't really that impressed by what was on offer.

Last edited:
Will we have a head coach by June 25th?

Why does that specific date matter? The draft is on the 23rd and free agency likely begins on the 30th. What's so special about the 25th?

Thanks for letting me join this board. I have been a lurker here on this board for years and have enjoyed the ideas and banter here.

For HC, I have been thinking if we go through a rebuild/ (full or not) we will probably have young players. Mark Jackson did great with the Warriors in their rebuild, and he played here.
Welcome to the board man. Sorry you had a run in with idiot to start your tenure, but like somebody else said, that's his way of welcoming you in on the fly.

If Mark Jackson didn't have his checkered past here, he could be a decent option. But he's like the coach version of Hayward - he could help us, but too much bad history between us.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app