What's new

HC candidates

So do Jazz or should Jazz have a head coach in place before the draft and before they start making trades?

Any chance that an underlying bias concerning a story that broke when he was a player here has anything to do with that perception? He’s usually always paired with Jeff Van Gundy with whom he was also once associated as a player and they obviously enjoy a great rapport. I admit the banter can get a bit tedious but regarding your performance assessment, I’m pretty sure he’s secure in his position. That being said, I really only care for Jim Jackson, Reggie Miller and Stan Van Gundy, and even at that, would listen to Boler and Harp every game if I could (all bets are off if Holly is onboard though). Losing Harp and replacing him with Holly Rowe was a crying shame!!!!!
Nope. His "insights" are the most "Cap'n Obvious" things you could say during the broadcast and he has absolutely no personality whatsoever. I learn nothing from him and am not entertained by him in the least. I don't understand at all why ABC/ESPN has him as a color guy [nothing to do with race] with JVG at all. He is, by far, the WORST announcer I've ever listened to.

Oh and I agree, Holly is grades below Harp - and I didn't even like him that much. She's just.... I don't even know how to put it. Glad I don't live in state and have to listen to her every game....

I hope this coaching search isn't warped too much by catering to Donovan. I'm hoping that Ainge comes up with a coherent vision for the team, one that's better than the blueprint DL had, and then follows it.

Even if Donovan likes this new coach, it's not going to outweigh his desire to team up with other young All Stars and play in a bigger market. He'll probably just game the Jazz, get his friends paid and leave anyway.

Maybe it would be different if he were a top-10 player or could recruit a top-10 player to want to come to Utah.

Last edited:
Tim MacMahon said on Checketts show today that there are rumors around the league that the Jazz have interest in someone who is currently a head coach and that they may try and poach him from another franchise.

Tim MacMahon said on Checketts show today that there are rumors around the league that the Jazz have interest in someone who is currently a head coach and that they may try and poach him from another franchise.

That’s interesting to say the least…

Ainge has ties to Doc Rivers and Wade has ties to Erik Spoelstra lolz.

Not really too sure who it could be. Rick Carlisle maybe? JB Bickerstaff? Stephen Silas?

That’s interesting to say the least…

Ainge has ties to Doc Rivers and Wade has ties to Erik Spoelstra lolz.

Not really too sure who it could be. Rick Carlisle maybe? JB Bickerstaff? Stephen Silas?
That was a pretty eye opening bit with MacMahon...

I really don’t understand what was strange about it. I’m the last guy to play the race card but I think it’s absolutely imperative to hire a great black head coach for the reasons I gave. Unless we wanna see Don walk or continue to be a shell of what he could be…

I have no problem with this as long as the Jazz aren't bending over backwards for Donovan's CAA buddies. CAA isn't the Jazz's friend.

I know he’s not currently a HC, but maybe Brad Stevens.

I really don’t understand what was strange about it. I’m the last guy to play the race card but I think it’s absolutely imperative to hire a great black head coach for the reasons I gave. Unless we wanna see Don walk or continue to be a shell of what he could be…
I've gotten a bit of a kick out of people responding to this as if you're coming from some SJW perspective when you've done a pretty good job imho of explaining what you're really saying.

Thanks for letting me join this board. I have been a lurker here on this board for years and have enjoyed the ideas and banter here.

For HC, I have been thinking if we go through a rebuild/ (full or not) we will probably have young players. Mark Jackson did great with the Warriors in their rebuild, and he played here.
Just Win, our deepest gratitude for explicating your philosophy on this board. Lo, we on JazzFanz come from all nations, the colonies included. We admit rationalists, empiricists, and inflationary metaphysicians. Verily say-eth, we entertain abduction, deduction, and induction. Welcome!