What's new

Herro Rumors

Theres no reason to talk to the Heat. If the Heat really had a better offer to make, they would be able to relay that message. I'm sure Portland gave them their demands and Miami couldn't meet them
There were things Miami could do to improve their offer. The reporting has stated they made their offer and drew a hard line. The reporting told us that Portland never came back to them and said this is what we want. So both sides dug their heels in and never attempted to communicate. There was definitely ego, spite, and emotion here. These people are not robots.

As it stands... what they received is something that could be beat unless they do REALLY well on a Jrue trade. Miami could have worked with OKC to change protections on their pick so they could offer 3 firsts, add in Jovic/JJJ and the first we or someone would have given for Herro... I think they fumbled the bag here and Portland decided to maybe take a little less to spite them a bit.

What’s the NBA’s equivalent to what Jazz & surrogates have passively floated about “do this or that” or else they’re 500 miles south on I-15? That’s next.

I'm out of the loop - what is this passively floated idea the Jazz will move to Vegas?

I've joked about it previously but I've never heard it even passively hinted by anyone.

If anything, they'll relocate out to Lehi or something ridiculous and away from downtown.

I'm out of the loop - what is this passively floated idea the Jazz will move to Vegas?

I've joked about it previously but I've never heard it even passively hinted by anyone.

If anything, they'll relocate out to Lehi or something ridiculous and away from downtown.
Just starting with the cope of selling Dominique, then everything about us being a small market and should be grateful for [insert something] or that [ridiculously horrible decision] was a necessity otherwise the Millers would have to [sell the team out of state, relocate to Vegas, etc.]

Nothing big, really. Just petty gripes for those of us paying too much attention.

There were things Miami could do to improve their offer. The reporting has stated they made their offer and drew a hard line. The reporting told us that Portland never came back to them and said this is what we want. So both sides dug their heels in and never attempted to communicate. There was definitely ego, spite, and emotion here. These people are not robots.

As it stands... what they received is something that could be beat unless they do REALLY well on a Jrue trade. Miami could have worked with OKC to change protections on their pick so they could offer 3 firsts, add in Jovic/JJJ and the first we or someone would have given for Herro... I think they fumbled the bag here and Portland decided to maybe take a little less to spite them a bit.
I think Miami didn't want Dame that badly.

I think Miami didn't want Dame that badly.
Again... the reports are they offered the important stuff... picks and Herro... got cheap on the edges. Who knows for sure what was offered but I trust the reports. This stuff falls apart or hinges on some wild **** at times...Quentin Grimes, Mozgov, and now JJJ or Jovic or both.

Again... the reports are they offered the important stuff... picks and Herro... got cheap on the edges. Who knows for sure what was offered but I trust the reports. This stuff falls apart or hinges on some wild **** at times...Quentin Grimes, Mozgov, and now JJJ or Jovic or both.
The reports also said they didn't want him that badly and had other plans if they didn't get him for what they wanted.

The reports also said they didn't want him that badly and had other plans if they didn't get him for what they wanted.
Right but remember when I said the rumored offers had the most important stuff in them. There is also the statement from Dame's agent saying Miami did everything they could but it takes two sides. So maybe they offered it all up but Portland is being the emotional issue. Either way its obvious there was emotion/ego built into this deal... which was the initial idea. There are a bunch of stories with GMs screaming at each other and telling each other to eff off.