What's new

Hey ********

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to start this up again, but I was just thinking that by locking that thread, aren't you encouraging the vitriol to be spread around multiple threads and topics?

Confining it to the one thread would not only give Hantlers his soapbox, but it would keep the dialogue focused. I just don't see how (short of silencing Hantlers) closing the thread ends the ranting.

At some point, we'll just start handing out warnings/infractions if people are too vitriolic about arguing with moderating decisions. The actual banning is presently not under debate. If you wish to voice this type of concern in the future, rather than making a new thread that continues an already locked thread, please send a PM to a moderator or administrator.

To my way of thinking, being on this board is like being a guest at someone's house. They don't have to let you stay. Say you want to smoke, but your buddy doesn't want you smoking in his house. Do you argue, and tell him it's unfair, and that his rules are stupid? Unless you're an *******, no. If you want to be there, you obey his rules. Laws are a completely different animal. We pick the people that make the laws. We have say. For the people, by the people. So you have a right to complain about laws. You have no right to complain about the rules in a privately owned forum.

That's just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.