What's new

Hood a better player than Hayward

We have a really good 4 in Favs, and good backups.
We need good wings, and Hood seems to be on pace to possibly be a great one.

I would not trade Hood for Jabari based purely on team need.

My second reason that is not needed, is that I'm not sure Jabari is capable of playing D, and Coach S wants this team playing D.
Even if we needed a 4, I'm not sure I go with Jabari over Hood. Probably not.

*this info is incomplete though because of not seeing either of them play a full season yet.

That this is even a question is pretty amazing. I think Jabari may bust... he is going to need to get serious about taking care of his body and working on his diet. This is not his first serious injury.

If both are healthy you take Parker. He will have a good career and is younger than Hood.

That this is even a question is pretty amazing. I think Jabari may bust... he is going to need to get serious about taking care of his body and working on his diet. This is not his first serious injury.

If both are healthy you take Parker. He will have a good career and is younger than Hood.

Even if healthy I'm leaning towards Hood after what I saw him do. He can score in many ways, has a sweet stroke, can handle the ball decently, and..... the kicker, he can defend. Parker is a nice player if healthy, but I don't think he has all of what Hood seems to be bringing to the table. I don't think it's the system hiding Hoods deficiencies, I think it's the system and that Hood is just good.

Funny, every time I watched Duke, to see Jabari, I was always drawn to Hood. He looked like the better player often.

So glad we drafted him. Probably my favorite player.....this week.

Funny, every time I watched Duke, to see Jabari, I was always drawn to Hood. He looked like the better player often.

So glad we drafted him. Probably my favorite player.....this week.
I had similar thoughts when watching Duke. I liked but wasn't head-over-heels about the pick because I wanted a dude who's bread and butter was D on the perimeter but god damn. Hood might well end up being better than Hayward, and why would anyone be bummed or mad about that?

Can you imagine the press run Jabari would be getting if he put up the numbers that Hood put up. The media would be foaming at the mouth and doing back flips.

Can you imagine the press run Jabari would be getting if he put up the numbers that Hood put up. The media would be foaming at the mouth and doing back flips.

Really good point. Hood needs to put up 25 point averages for a whole season to get the same coverage as Jabari putting up 18 point averages for 10 games.

I had similar thoughts when watching Duke. I liked but wasn't head-over-heels about the pick because I wanted a dude who's bread and butter was D on the perimeter but god damn. Hood might well end up being better than Hayward, and why would anyone be bummed or mad about that?

I would not be surprised if come 2018 the board is arguing whether we keep Hayward or Hood.

With Hood adn Exum the Jazz might have just locked down a stellar starting 5.

Even if healthy I'm leaning towards Hood after what I saw him do. He can score in many ways, has a sweet stroke, can handle the ball decently, and..... the kicker, he can defend. Parker is a nice player if healthy, but I don't think he has all of what Hood seems to be bringing to the table. I don't think it's the system hiding Hoods deficiencies, I think it's the system and that Hood is just good.

I really like Hood as well. Again, the fact that he's made this a question is super cool. The thing is he is 2.5 years older than Jabari so he's closer to the finished project than Parker. We also only saw the first 25 games with Parker. Hood's first 25 were pretty rough (although he wasn't healthy consistently which threw off his mojo). Wiggins first 25 weren't that good either.

Parker's defense is troubling and Hood has been MUCH better than I thought he would be. For our current roster I think Hood might edge out Parker because he plays a position with a greater need. I think Parker's best position will be at the 4 similar to Carmelo, but he's going to need a shot blocking big next to him.

I think Milwaukee would say no... I think the Jazz would say maybe once we see if he comes back healthy. This is a good debate though.

I would not be surprised if come 2018 the board is arguing whether we keep Hayward or Hood.

We should just keep them both and win championships... by time Hood hits FA the cap will be like 9 bazillion dollars or something.