What's new

Hood ain't that good

I kinda thought we'd give him a call, but with Dante, Allen, Royce and of course DM we are stacked at his position. We could use a guy that can create a shot
SMD
You know who else plays the same postition as DM, Dante, Allen, and Royce? AB
You know who can create a shot? AB
SMD
You are better than that bro.

hood is still un-signed...thats crazy. I mean he's not that good, but I think he deserves to be on a roster..

hood is still un-signed...thats crazy. I mean he's not that good, but I think he deserves to be on a roster..
Not too many RFA's were signed by other teams as I recall, unless/until they were released. My guess is Cleveland has offered a pretty cheap contract based upon how Hood performed and Rodney wants more. He and his agent were far apart with Utah before last season; I'll bet it's the same now. Rodney likely needs to just play for his QO and have a very good season. Then he'll be an unrestricted FA in a summer in which a lot of teams will have cap space.

And kudos to the OP for calling it like it was. I know many had reservations about Hood. I didn't expect him to perform like a #1 option, but he managed to fall well short of even my modest expectations. I kind of feel the same about Allen, although at least Grayson has some attitude to him. Hill always seemed pretty passive.

Last edited:
Remember when Hood wanted more than 15 (or was it 18?) mill from the Jazz per year? LUL

Remember when Hood wanted more than 15 (or was it 18?) mill from the Jazz per year? LUL
I think we offered 15 but he wanted more. Maybe I’m wrong. I said at the time that if he takes $15M per year to extend him ASAP. It’s possible he could ultimately end up being worth that, but he’d have to have a really supportive environment, which I’m not sure is likely to be anywhere more supportive than here.

I think we offered 15 but he wanted more. Maybe I’m wrong. I said at the time that if he takes $15M per year to extend him ASAP. It’s possible he could ultimately end up being worth that, but he’d have to have a really supportive environment, which I’m not sure is likely to be anywhere more supportive than here.

I 100% agree. Hopefully he figures it out

lets just say that the jazz dodged some serious bullets by passing with hood+ghill.
Yep. Really, the only "bad" contract on the books is Burks. But it hasn't prevented Utah from doing anything Lindsey has wanted to do. And as an expiring contract, it could even be a positive asset at the deadline.

Two very different articles on Hood:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/8/27/17787992/in-focus-rodney-hood-2018

With the Jazz, he spoke publicly about feeling “isolated” and said he expected to be traded before the season ended. Rookie Donovan Mitchell’s emergence had cut into Hood’s minutes, but the comments are also representative of a common theme: Hood believes he deserves more than what he gets.
Two weeks ago, a league scout told Bleacher Report’s Greg Swartz that Cleveland could keep Hood for “song and dance” at this point in the offseason. “I don’t think anyone else wants him. [...] I’m not sure how tough he is.” Toughness is a concern, but probably a smaller one than worries about his willingness to take a diminished role or ability to perform in limited capacity.

https://cavaliersnation.com/2018/08...-rodney-hood-is-going-to-explode-this-season/

Former Cavs GM Explains Why Rodney Hood Is Going to Explode This Season

During an extended conversation on a number of different topics, Griffin spoke about how the reduced expectations for the Cavaliers for the 2018-19 season can work to both Hood’s and the team’s advantage.

“Cavs fans are going to see the best of Rodney Hood,” said Griffin, “because he’s capable of being what they need him to be within that framework of expectation.”

Sorry to bump an old thread again but the other day I watched a couple games from earlier last year and it was weird to see Joe Johnson and Rodney Hood on the team and how by the end of the season we didn't miss either one of them at all. And then thinking about how Hood had to duck out of the starting lineup at the last second on opening night and Donovan started the game just made this old thread seem appropriate.

Sigh. Still about a month to training camp.
For the last week David Locke continually brings up how much better the Jazz got by getting rid of Johnson and Hood.

For the last week David Locke continually brings up how much better the Jazz got by getting rid of Johnson and Hood.
Yeah, it's kind of amazing. Watching some old games from the earlier part of last year I could hardly stand seeing Johnson and Hood out there.

Yeah, it's kind of amazing. Watching some old games from the earlier part of last year I could hardly stand seeing Johnson and Hood out there.
You gotta always be grateful to Johnson for what he did in the playoffs, so no hating on him. Hood sucks extremely bad on the other hand.

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using JazzFanz mobile app