What's new

Hornets....

David Ginola 14

Hornets will entertain offers for 10th pick if someone also agrees to take Ariza or Okafor contracts.

10° pick + Ariza X Watson + TPE....

Impossible...?

I just want something to happen that gets us into the lottery .. I've liked the sound of this one ..

If the TPE gets Ariza and the 10th pick I will be amazed. I would think we would have to throw in a player of value.

Come on KOC, go all in. Harris, Bell & Jefferson for Okafur, Ariza and #10.

Draft Lilliard. Bring back Tinsley. Groom Lilliard in a 3 man pg rotation (just like last year).
Okafur and Ariza come off before Hayward/Favors hit RFA. Go Jazz/

Come on KOC, go all in. Harris, Bell & Jefferson for Okafur, Ariza and #10.

Draft Lilliard. Bring back Tinsley. Groom Lilliard in a 3 man pg rotation (just like last year).
Okafur and Ariza come off before Hayward/Favors hit RFA. Go Jazz/

I think Harris, Bell and Jefferson is too much especially when Hornets are clearly desperate to clear cap space. I'd keep Harris as insurance in case Lillard or Marshall don't pan out right away then deal him at the deadline for a 2013 draft pick

Okafor is pretty much an unknown to me.

PKM, CY or another knowledgeable poster throw up a quick break down oh his strengths and weaknesses please.

Do we really need this guys to ruin our Cap Space? I mean this guys are useful.

I thing trading Big Al we can have a 8-14 pick without getting in return 2 bad contracts.

Okafor is pretty much an unknown to me.

PKM, CY or another knowledgeable poster throw up a quick break down oh his strengths and weaknesses please.

Rebounding center who can protect basket and finish short bank shots in paint, Limited feel for game offensively. Poor foul shooter. A bit undersized for 5,Strong and a good athlete, but gets shot blocked with shocking frequency.

Okafor's control of the glass remains his strongest attribute, he was 14th among centers in rebound rate but he also stepped up with a 57.3 percent mark from the floor. Many of those came on gift-wrapped feeds from Chris Paul, as he shot 69.8 percent in the basket area. But it also helps that he won't take a bad shot, as more than 90 percent of his shots came within 10 feet of the cup. Okafor could help himself even more if he'd practice his free throws -- he shot under 60 percent for the fifth straight season, submarining a strong free throw rate.

He was a shot blocking machine in college averaging like 4.2 blocks his final season.

Rebounding center who can protect basket and finish short bank shots in paint, Limited feel for game offensively. Poor foul shooter. A bit undersized for 5,Strong and a good athlete, but gets shot blocked with shocking frequency.

Okafor's control of the glass remains his strongest attribute, he was 14th among centers in rebound rate but he also stepped up with a 57.3 percent mark from the floor. Many of those came on gift-wrapped feeds from Chris Paul, as he shot 69.8 percent in the basket area. But it also helps that he won't take a bad shot, as more than 90 percent of his shots came within 10 feet of the cup. Okafor could help himself even more if he'd practice his free throws -- he shot under 60 percent for the fifth straight season, submarining a strong free throw rate.

He was a shot blocking machine in college averaging like 4.2 blocks his final season.

So him and Favors would be a defensive and rebounding menace that needs work offensively.

Do we really need this guys to ruin our Cap Space? I mean this guys are useful.

I thing trading Big Al we can have a 8-14 pick without getting in return 2 bad contracts.

Good point, if I had to pick one player I'd take Ariza. His contract is half the price of Okafor's plus I think he has more upside. Ariza, 10th for Harris or Jefferson

Jefferson could be a good compliment to Davis ... Harris a good vet PG works with Davis as well.

NOH need to make every decision based off of Davis as the future.

Sam Amico: And yes, sounds like Hornets are willing to move their 10th pick. But you'd better give them a starting-caliber point guard in return.

Okay, you twisted my arm, you can Take Harris for Okafur and #10, but you have to take Bell too.

Al, how do you feel about playing in Toronto or Philly? They say the Bay area is nice, and its not too far from Santa Barbara.

Sam Amico: And yes, sounds like Hornets are willing to move their 10th pick. But you'd better give them a starting-caliber point guard in return.

How about Harris and next year's first (not the GS pick) for Ariza and the 10th pick. No to Okafor.

Last edited:
Okay, you twisted my arm, you can Take Harris for Okafur and #10, but you have to take Bell too.

Al, how do you feel about playing in Toronto or Philly? They say the Bay area is nice, and its not too far from Santa Barbara.

So you want to make the log-jam even worse?