What's new

Hornets....

I am just being realistic. OKC has three superstars and two defense big man and they play in our division. We have all the potential in the world but it's going to take time before we will be able to challenge them.

So we should trade for guys that we don't need, that won't really help our team so that we MIGHT be able to sign all-stars in 2013? That's backwards logic.

I'm with you Hant. We may not be winning the championship this year but "taking what we can get" ensures that we will not be winning a championship in the next several years either. Yes I'd like to see moves made but ones that move the Jazz forward. Not just shuffling the deck so to speak.

This is what I was trying to say, Stoked is just better with words than I am. I'm only good for making people angry with my insensitive and bigoted comments.

So we should trade for guys that we don't need, that won't really help our team so that we MIGHT be able to sign all-stars in 2013? That's backwards logic.

Especially since we are in a position as we are now to sign potential Allstars in 2013. Actively look to make moves that make us better. Anything else is pointless.

This is what I was trying to say, Stoked is just better with words than I am. I'm only good for making people angry with my insensitive and bigoted comments.

For which I truly enjoy your company. You keep things interesting.

Trading for a relatively young Ariza to land a lottery pick makes sense when we still retain cap to pursue someone in the 2013 free agency and we can resign Favors and/or Hayward plus we add much needed depth. Ariza is better than both CJ and Howard. Plus we get rid of Big Al and therefore the log-jam. Not to mention, Aminu has a lot of potential.

I wish you would just go back to starting pointless trade threads, at least I knew you were posting in there so I could ignore you.

Trading for a relatively young Ariza to land a lottery pick makes sense when we still retain cap to pursue someone in the 2013 free agency and we can resign Favors and/or Hayward plus we add much needed depth. Ariza is better than both CJ and Howard. Plus we get rid of Big Al and therefore the log-jam. Not to mention, Aminu has a lot of potential.

Maybe, but you're also paying him 8 million a year for the next 2 years.

I wish you would just go back to starting pointless trade threads, at least I knew you were posting in there so I could ignore you.

Instead of constantly bashing me for no apparent reason, why don't you suggest what we SHOULD do. This is a forum for dialogue after all...

I'm unsure about the Ariza contract because this alleged cap space doesn't consider getting an asset for or resigning Big Al, Millsap, and even Harris. Assuming Jeremy Evans is the only other guy worth keeping past next season, you still have to worry about signing The Four to long term and meeting the minimum salary requirements. Spending all that $38+mm becomes problematic if long contracts are involved. Ariza could be beneficial or detrimental to meeting the cap minimum based on how everything evolves.

How's that for fence sitting?