What's new

Houston..

According to macron the "imbecile pedophile vicitm", the hurricanes are due to climate change!

lolls!

he wants trump to stop those hurricanes by signing a stupid paris climate accord. how stoopid is he!

like putting some signature on some world government hogwash will stop nature!

https://youtu.be/ihnkZOEe378

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Well just to address his very last argument, http://www.snopes.com/30000-scientists-reject-climate-change/

The petition was created by individuals and groups with political motivations, was distributed using misleading tactics, is presented with almost no accountability regarding the authenticity of its signatures, and asks only that you have received an undergraduate degree in any science to sign.
It is therefore misleading for the signatories to be considered climate scientists or even top researchers in their field, as some suggest. In fact, based on the group’s*own numbers, only 12% of the signers have degrees (of any kind) in earth, environmental, or atmospheric science.

Further, the petition and its creators are not neutral parties, and the major entities supporting it can easily be described as politically motivated. The petition was organized by Arthur B. Robinson, a conservative*politician*who founded the aforementioned Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine and who holds a PhD in biochemistry from the University of San Diego.
In 2001,*Scientific American*attempted*to verify a random sample of 30 names on the list who claimed to have a Ph.D. in climate science:*

Of the 26 we were able to identify in various databases, 11 said they still agreed with the petition — one was an active climate researcher, two others had relevant expertise, and eight signed based on an informal evaluation. Six said they would not sign the petition today, three did not remember any such petition, one had died, and five did not answer repeated messages.

That's bizarre. I'm an environmental scientist by trade and I wouldn't feel close to comfortable claiming I know anything about this stuff.

On a side note, I read one of those 1000 page IPCC papers and can relate to those who think this is all a political ploy. I could see very early on how much agenda driven b.s. that organization was trying to push. The only thing environmental activists care about is results. They don't care about the path taken to get there, and if global warming gives them results they will use it regardless of whether it's real or not. This is important to keep in mind when you go on the offensive and call someone a climate change denier. All they understand and see is the propaganda campaign behind it attached to a power grab and dirty backroom deals.

That's bizarre. I'm an environmental scientist by trade and I wouldn't feel close to comfortable claiming I know anything about this stuff.

On a side note, I read one of those 1000 page IPCC papers and can relate to those who think this is all a political ploy. I could see very early on how much agenda driven b.s. that organization was trying to push. The only thing environmental activists care about is results. They don't care about the path taken to get there, and if global warming gives them results they will use it regardless of whether it's real or not. This is important to keep in mind when you go on the offensive and call someone a climate change denier. All they understand and see is the propaganda campaign behind it attached to a power grab and dirty backroom deals.

atleast he knows more than the biggest screw ups in the world, politicians, main stream journalist and leftwinglawyers

Climate change is real. Just like in the 60s when the environmentalists use to say that earth was cooling so fast that we were going into an ice age.
Now it's called global warming. Next generation it'll be called climate neutral and they'll tax everything to make more money claiming they are actually affecting the climate.
Of course you want to clean up the air. The epa is a joke and only there to make money. Don't be fooled.

Climate change is real. Just like in the 60s when the environmentalists use to say that earth was cooling so fast that we were going into an ice age.
Now it's called global warming. Next generation it'll be called climate neutral and they'll tax everything to make more money claiming they are actually affecting the climate.
Of course you want to clean up the air. The epa is a joke and only there to make money. Don't be fooled.

Yes, something science related you heard in the 60s was wrong so now you have to dismiss everything so you won't be fooled again.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Boy, I guess the people of Puerto Rico won't soon forget Maria. The electricity is out for 100% of the island, and it will take months to restore the power...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weathe...erto-rico-facing-months-without-power-n803326

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz said the devastation in the capital was unlike any she had ever seen.

"The San Juan that we knew yesterday is no longer there," Cruz told MSNBC. "We're looking at 4 to 6 months without electricity" in Puerto Rico, which is home to nearly 3.5 million people.

Boy, I guess the people of Puerto Rico won't soon forget Maria. The electricity is out for 100% of the island, and it will take months to restore the power...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weathe...erto-rico-facing-months-without-power-n803326

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz said the devastation in the capital was unlike any she had ever seen.

"The San Juan that we knew yesterday is no longer there," Cruz told MSNBC. "We're looking at 4 to 6 months without electricity" in Puerto Rico, which is home to nearly 3.5 million people.

Dayum. They gonna need lotta aid. Think bout it you can't store no perishables ya can't run no fresh water plants ya can't cook in yer electric ovens. How them people gonna survive?

Puerto Rico was already having massive struggles economically. Then this massive disaster could sink it completely. Does anyone know is Puerto Rico's status as a non-state affect any financial relief from the gov?

Very sad. There's a missionary from my ward currently serving in Martinique. Hope she's OK. It sounds like they got off easy compared to Puerto Rico though.

Puerto Rico was already having massive struggles economically. Then this massive disaster could sink it completely. Does anyone know is Puerto Rico's status as a non-state affect any financial relief from the gov?

i think as a territory it has the full rights of a state in that regard, just not the same in terms of representation and sovereignty and such that statehood carries.

The ******* in chief who the never stop complainers can't shut up about immediately authorized aid. He did not politicize it. He did not try ta attach it with pork in bill format. Simply did the right to think instead of abusin tha situation like both parties have in tha past.

Dealmaker gettin work done.

time to build houses with concrete roofs and huricane proof windows!

come on man when will they learn!

is not like hurricanes started this year because of climate change

there have been hurricanes forever

They may only be a territory, but the residents are citizens of the United States. Maria was the biggest storm to hit them in the last 90 years. This Vox article explains some of the factors that created a worse case scenario in Puerto Rico.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-hea...rto-rico-san-juan-meteorology-wind-rain-power

4) Puerto Rico was just beginning to heal from Hurricane Irma. And its economy was already sagging.

Before Maria hit, around 60,000 people on the island were still without power from Irma. And any power outage there is a serious issue, as Vox’s Alexia Fernandez Campbell explains, because the government is broke. Its infrastructure is aging and in disrepair on a good day. And it can’t borrow money to fix it. Campbell explains:

It all comes down to money, and the government of Puerto Rico doesn't have it. The island, which is a US territory, filed for bankruptcy-like protection earlier this summer, and is in the process of restructuring its debt. Now the public utility company is in a severe state of financial distress, unable to modernize its system and facing a shortage of high-skilled workers. Even FEMA relief money that Congress will likely authorize will be of limited help in such an environment.